• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say you're asleep one night when all of a sudden, you get lifted into a UFO and flown deep into space. Do you think you'd be able to remain calm under this circumstance or would your emotions heighten?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
review_etdress_1.jpg

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be pretty calm unless they were torturing me or doing crazy tests. I'd worry about what's in my control, ultimately.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Depends do I just wake up in outer space or are they letting me know what's happening as I'm getting lifted out of my bed.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends how they look. If they look like monsters I'd panicked but if they were humanlike id be ok after a while.

Bulletzen

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be quite....upset! I remember playing Prey in 2006 and being a bit freaked out at the intro.

Ohhhhhh nostalgia!

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't bother me as long as they don't mind answering the million plus question I would have about their civilization and history. Extending life and what not.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I would piss myself, shit myself, and maybe have a heart attack even if I have absolutely 0 heart problem.
It would probably be the case for about anyone lmao

But I liked how you made it sound like kind of basic lol "would you be chill or what" lmao

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect my emotions might heighten a smidge if I was abducted by aliens.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
What? No! I'd fucking freak the fuck out! The thought of aliens showing up used to scare me shitless as a kid, I no longer have that fear (at least not as deep as before), but I'd definitely be terrified if that happened, plus if they look weird then I'll probably end up dying from the shock.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be pretty calm unless they were torturing me or doing crazy tests. I'd worry about what's in my control, ultimately.

lmao sure ya would.

Let's be real, almost everyone would shit themselves stupid if faced with such a totally alien experience as this. Your reptile brain would be in overdrive and you'd be the insect frantically trying to escape the etymologist. It would be about 95% flight instinct and maybe 5% "where's my phone I need to instagram this".

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
If you're getting abducted by Aliens, it's probably not for a reason you would want to be there. You aren't getting abducted for a late brunch...

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It depends on the circumstances. If they are friendly and communicating with me, that is a lot different than if I'm on an operating table getting anal probed.

I mean I'd be scared regardless, but there are different levels of fear.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Having had night terror episodes in the past, no. Being conscious but otherwise being restrained or dragged, especially by an unknown, unseen force, is panic inducing. I doubt anybody would stay calm in that circumstance. Arguably, being calm would be the irrational thing to do in that situation versus struggling and trying to escape.