• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the 6th archstone will be like in the remake?

• Still broken

Votes: 349 43.5%
  • Restored as a brand-new, complete level

Votes: 265 33.0%
  • Broken, but reserved as potential DLC content

Votes: 152 18.9%
  • PvP arena

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • Randomized levels (similar to Chalice Dungeons)

Votes: 19 2.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've not played Demon's Souls in any form, but it would be nice if they added a way to access the area secretly. Some convoluted way to repair and access the location, even if still incomplete, just for the longtime fans.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Oh okay I think I know what you're talking about. It was in the first trailer description and then got removed. But that's all.
Fractured Mode was only ever mentioned in that first youtube description and was then removed, yes.
What I'm remembering and trying to find is that they came out and said something to the effect of "the trailer description contained information that is now considered outdated". I can find other people talking about them saying this but I can't find them saying it.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Fractured Mode was only ever mentioned in that first youtube description and was then removed, yes.
What I'm remembering and trying to find is that they came out and said something to the effect of "the trailer description contained information that is now considered outdated". I can find other people talking about them saying this but I can't find them saying it.
Oh, well I haven't. That's weird but well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be fixed but I don't really care much either way if it's still broken.

OP
OP
Morrigan

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What if the real phrase was tolerance?

You know I love you, Morri
I'm so going to invade and scraping spear the shit out of you

PNi1EoTlW1WO15TD7aH6vcKvbEzfnd5slwqKY0vqijUuW9fo2R5vnvnY7-fitkyf98KTxgiVZlP4r4jQpH89dIMJiheEpM_NlJlGjwprxNGqVGMTtQ

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
It's supposed to be a re-imagining so I'd like to see it restored. Maybe have it as a secret unlockable tied to either Pure White or Pure Black World Tendency.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather it stay broken so I don't have to read about how Miyazaki-san would've done it differently

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I'd like them to fix it (or rather a side quest where you can fix it). As long as it doesn't somehow interfere with a pretty faithful adaptation of the rest of the Remake I see no reason why it would be a bad thing. I mean, if it's mediocre content just skip it - and it's not like there isn't mediocre content in Souls games anyways.

Another options is to leave it broken in the base game but make a DLC where you can fix it and it'a Bluepoint's take on what the level could have been.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
sure...why not....in fact, i'll have a hard time understand the mentality of anyone NOT wanting it to be restored....like even if you don't like it, the existence of new content doesn't hurt or take away the existing content so why don't you not want it?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect Bluepoint to add any significant new content to the game. At least not on its own.

On new weapon is one thing. So is making some QOL adjustments. So is how they added a new sword and a new collect-a-thon to Shadow of the Colossus. A whole new level in a game known for its level design is another matter entirely.

Bluepoint isn't really known for actually "designing" games. Every game they've done so far has really just spruced up the graphics and left everything else the same as before. Every screenshot and video of Demon's Souls we've seen so far has mapped 1:1 with the level design and gameplay of the PS3 version.

That is, I don't know how close to completion the sixth archstone actually was when From originally decided to cut it.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Souls games are, usually, so meticulously crafted by From that I'm wary of anyone else taking a crack at designing content for their games.

Haven't played Dark Souls 2 yet I see.... or the second half of dark souls 1.

I'm sure they could shit out a bland area with one enemy copy pasted over and over if they wanted to.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Keep it busted imo. I like the in-universe explanation that it was done to prevent the fog from advancing or whatever. I also like the nonsense lore of it being the giant land from DS2 lol. If it's meant to be northern limits that area has always looked boring to me.

Also calling it now you'll see a thread about how they added 'praise the sun' into the game even though it was there already.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
I'm a die hard fan of the original, but honestly I hope they add a ton of stuff like weapons and spells. I don't care, twist stuff like more hidden optional bosses, bring QoL from ds3 and bb. And yes bring the last area, a lot of stuff is already there anyway.

GIANKRATOS

Oct 26, 2017
At this point i would say still broken, unless they are trying to deceive us nd style, but I'm Not counting on it. But i think there's the possibility of a dlc.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
For 80 €, I fully expect archstones 6, 7 and 8 worth of new content, thank you very much.

I'm so not paying that to play a 1:1 (or almost 1:1) copy of the original with fancier graphics. I already know it all too well.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool to see but I'm not expecting it. If there was a new area I would just want it to not be required for beating the game / NG+ cycles

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed to see so many people wanting it to remain broken. I've wanted that DLC for over a decade 😭 surely I can't be the only one!

You most definitely aren't. I just don't want it being a non From addition. Like don't even know how I'd feel about them cleaning up and using the stuff that has been data mined without any additional From involvement.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually fully fine with Bluepoint creating some new areas/content. I think it'd be fun.

However, I think I'd prefer it to be accessed in a totally new way/somewhere else rather than taking over an important part of existing lore that fans have speculated and wished for for donkey's years. I think something like the broken archstone should be left as is and not be taken on by a new studio.

But some other areas/chalice dungeon type things that can be accessed somewhere else (with far less fan obsession/expectation)? Go mad imo.

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham
I very strongly do not want it touched. It being broken is a poignant and important aspect to the lore of Demon's Souls and the failure of men that led to Boletaria's ultimate downfall and scorning of its allies.

If it is restored, I would be less upset with it being just a chalice dungeon or PVP Arena or something. I don't really want more story content unless it is heavily polished and overseen by FROM.

The recent footage made me a little less nervous about Bluepoint's changes overall but I am still concerned that a lot of the little details that make Demon's Souls so meticulous and perfect will be undone by large, sweeping changes.
I agree with this, I'm also nervous (and I know it's silly to be nervous about a game) about the art direction. From, in my opinion, has an amazing and very deliberate art style for their games like when Miyazaki describe Elden Ring's style being about finding beauty in decay. I know Bluepoint is trying to keep it as faithful to the original as possible, but I'd still be interested to hear from them what approach and end goal are to the art direction of the remake.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Only if Miyazaki and FROM work on it. Unlike others here I don't want Bluepoint creating new content for either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne. Respect the original creators.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
They'll need direct involvement from From to provide the original design documents, ideas and unfinished assets.

I don't think From was even that involved in the production of the remake.

I wouldn't mind Bluepoint adding their own spin to the game but I can't see it happening.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I recently saw a thread here where someone detained the ps3 version to find the 6th archetype map. It was unfinished as heck but that tells me there was certainly an effort for it. But the question is does BluePoint have the reins to create a whole new area, or are they under contract to simply update the existing ones? Wouldn't Miyazaki want to have a say in a new arch?

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
You'll have to collect 79 gold coins to unlock the archstone which leads you to a hidden sword, Sword of The Old One.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently a lot of people don't know the Northern limit was made, enemies and geometry and everything.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
If they do or if they dont, they will get shit for it regardless

So I say fuck it, do it.

It would give the game even more value, and they arent just "remastering" the game, it's pretty much a reimagining, so they should have the right to go wild

Make it entirely optional, so "purists" can ignore it altogether if they want to

They are a very competent studio, so I trust them to make a good job with it

Yeah this is my take.

Bluepoint clearly love Demon's Souls a lot. They were gushing about it long before they could even say what it was.

And it wouldn't even be completely new. They'd just be finishing the level that FROM couldn't finish. That is way more interesting to me than the rest of the remake. I want to see the northern limit.

Make it optional.

Make it a secret quest to repair.

Base it off of the original map and enemies.

Give Bluepoint a chance to try something new. And if they nail it, let them try out a sequel. FROM is never making Demon's Souls 2. So what can it hurt. Bluepoint haven't gotten to make anything original in how long? And they are a quality dev.

I think it's pretty shitty seeing some people say "ehh I don't want to see them do original content; I see them as more good at restoring content." Well no shit asshole lol.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I would think, in this day and age, that if they were adding content, they'd already be advertising the fact.

But imagine if they did add another level, and managed to keep it a secret until it was discovered by players? That would be incredible.

OP
OP
Morrigan

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Buy Demon's Souls - PS5™ Disc Game | PlayStation® (US)

Become the slayer of demons as you venture to the northern kingdom of Boletaria – a once prosperous land of knights, now beset with unspeakable evil on PS5.

2-6 network players confirmed. Maybe it WILL be a PvP arena where we can have battle royales or 3v3 duels or what not. Or 3v3 invasions/red stone duels are in. Either way, I'm stoked. 2vX and 3vX battles were among my favourite parts of Dark Souls 3 PVP.
I recently saw a thread here where someone detained the ps3 version to find the 6th archetype map.
I linked to that very thread in the OP....
470769795026124813.png

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
The only real way I'm seeing this as a possibility is if Miyazaki signed on OR gave them his blessing to do it themselves.

SIE Japan and BluePoint respect Miyazaki too much to just create something fresh in his world without even contacting him.

Would be super sick if they got Miyazaki to come in and design the new archstone level.. ugh the DREAAAAAAM.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not expecting it to be repaired. Bluepoint is really good at keeping their remasters and remakes as true to the source material as possible. Even the "addition" they made to Shadow of the Colossus Remake was super minimal and didn't have a major impact on the experience as a whole, whereas, them adding an entire new location would be quite a big thing to include.

Would I be upset if they restored it? No.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Buy Demon's Souls - PS5™ Disc Game | PlayStation® (US)

Become the slayer of demons as you venture to the northern kingdom of Boletaria – a once prosperous land of knights, now beset with unspeakable evil on PS5.

2-6 network players confirmed. Maybe it WILL be a PvP arena where we can have battle royales or 3v3 duels or what not. Or 3v3 invasions/red stone duels are in. Either way, I'm stoked. 2vX and 3vX battles were among my favourite parts of Dark Souls 3 PVP.

I linked to that very thread in the OP....
470769795026124813.png
Nice ! Thanks for the confirmation.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
sure...why not....in fact, i'll have a hard time understand the mentality of anyone NOT wanting it to be restored....like even if you don't like it, the existence of new content doesn't hurt or take away the existing content so why don't you not want it?
Only reason why I'm not decided on it yet is cause I don't want the balance of the game messed with to much.

What I mean by balance is the interactions between arch stones; like finding the sword of storms in one arch stone and fighting Storm king in another. If you add an arch stone do you spread the content around all 6 or keep it the same and have the 6th stone it's separate entity. And if it's a separate entity, like all new content, then it'll be all Bluepoint.

I dunno..