• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the 6th archstone will be like in the remake?

• Still broken

Votes: 349 43.5%
  • Restored as a brand-new, complete level

Votes: 265 33.0%
  • Broken, but reserved as potential DLC content

Votes: 152 18.9%
  • PvP arena

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • Randomized levels (similar to Chalice Dungeons)

Votes: 19 2.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Fans of Demon's Souls have clamoured for the 6th Archstone of the Nexus, representing the mystical Land of the Giants, since... well, since the game first came out. We begged for a DLC that would restore it. But it never came, and for a long time we were left wondering. Was it deliberate so they could be mysterious, or tease a sequel? Was it cut content that just never made it?

Then, a few years ago, hackers found cut content that seemingly was meant to be the 6th archstone. It seemed to have been intended to be a frozen/wintery area. I've sometimes speculated that perhaps those ideas were re-used for Frozen Eleum Loyce in Dark Souls 2. I don't actually know if FromSoft has commented on it much or not (feel free to link me to interviews about it, if you know).

But regardless of the original intent, I'm just curious to see how Demon's Souls remake will handle it. Bluepoint said the game is a big "re-imagining" from the ground up, so maybe they've decided to create their own, brand new level, complete with 3 bosses and an Arch-demon. Or maybe they are purists who still don't want to touch the original.

Or maybe they will re-use it for something new entirely, like DLC, or a PvP arena.

My preference would be a new level, or a PvP arena like those in Dark Souls 3's first DLC. I understand some have misgivings about Bluepoint's skill at creating new content in terms of level design or bosses etc., but it might be a good chance for them to show what they're capable of. And it would have to be a really, really disastrous level for the game to suffer for its presence rather than its absence, IMO. But if Bluepoint doesn't want to overstep its bounds... perhaps something like a PvP arena, a boss rush mode, a randomized level like Chalice Dungeons, or something else might be a cool addition to the original.

What do you think? Post your predictions/wishes/hot takes!

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
still broken, but you'll repair it or find some other way to access the land of giants which has a full archstone worth of content.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It would be awesome but I am not expecting it. I hope fans don't criticize Bluepoint if they don't make it.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I would be very curious what bluepoint would do with new content. When was the last time they actually created new content themselves?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Souls games are, usually, so meticulously crafted by From that I'm wary of anyone else taking a crack at designing content for their games.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
I'd like it and it's entirely possible since they're adding at least one new weapon, but I won't hold my breath. The archstone is still broken in the trailer, and I feel like they'd make a bigger deal out of it if it was added into the game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I cant remember if that cutscene they showed gave us a good view of all Archstones in the OG game.

Because it kinda felt like they wanted to avoid showing that part.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint did put some well hidden new/extra content in Shadow of the Colossus.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I don't think I'd want them to make a complete level. They're masters of the remaster but making new levels and enemies isn't really up their ally.

That being said I would love if there's a hidden way to rebuild it and it's more like an Ash Lake kind of area than a full world.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I very strongly do not want it touched. It being broken is a poignant and important aspect to the lore of Demon's Souls and the failure of men that led to Boletaria's ultimate downfall and scorning of its allies.

If it is restored, I would be less upset with it being just a chalice dungeon or PVP Arena or something. I don't really want more story content unless it is heavily polished and overseen by FROM.

The recent footage made me a little less nervous about Bluepoint's changes overall but I am still concerned that a lot of the little details that make Demon's Souls so meticulous and perfect will be undone by large, sweeping changes.

Oct 28, 2017
Asking the important questions here. I'm guessing it is will be DLC. Wasn't that the original plan with archstone on ps3?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Still broken, unless From themselves add it back in.

Absolutely not randomized like chalice.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a very nearly finished level cut from the original game that presumably would have been accessed from the archstone? I would imagine it'll be restored in some way.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I kinda expect it to be fixed, like my whole launch PS5 purchase expects it...

ps3ud0 8)

delete

Jul 4, 2019
I think having it restored immediately would not be a good move, either have a quest to restore the Archstone, or just straight up DLC are better options.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Maybe the 6th one, you unlock on the very very end.... Will actually teleport us into the prison cell of Dark Souls 1 with no teleport back and a second secret adventure....

Sorry, I should stop daydreaming. 🤣

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's 2 months away, if they had new content, they'd be talking about it.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
My heart: They did worked with Miyazaki and 6th will be there as a big surprise! :0

My brain: As dlc, 80€ might not enough... x)

My nose: Smells no 6th stone or any big update. :p

I will trust my nose here lol.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
The dream is 2 modes.

One as faithful to the original as reasonably possible. The other a remix of sorts with whatever bluepoint want including the archstone being fixed with an extra level

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I would like it to be restored.

Give me Bluepoint Games' take on the 6th Archstone. If it's deemed good, give them money to develop their own original Demon's Souls sequel.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
hope they add content, although i'm sure people will criticize it if it's not amazing bc it's not Fromsoft; as if From is infallible, a two year old could design a better level than lost izalith.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
the best dark souls game was made without much involvement from miyazaki

i would be really interested in seeing blupoint taking a shot at making original content for the game

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
If the question is "do I want less content or more content", uh, yeah I want more content.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
If they do or if they dont, they will get shit for it regardless

So I say fuck it, do it.

It would give the game even more value, and they arent just "remastering" the game, it's pretty much a reimagining, so they should have the right to go wild

Make it entirely optional, so "purists" can ignore it altogether if they want to

They are a very competent studio, so I trust them to make a good job with it

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What was it? I will never play that game. I'm a purist of the OG lol.

A couple smaller easter eggs, but also...
... an expansive hunt for well hidden collectibles, almost impossible to find alone and it took a big community effort, that leads the player to a secret chamber under the main temple where a very powerful weapon can be obtained.

mak-malovic-sr-mak-02_orig.jpg

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
The 6th archstone is the hidden complete remake of Bloodborne when you enter it.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
With enough sticky white stuff you can make mortar to rebuild the crumbled stone. You teleport and get your ass kicked by king vendrick.

I expect it to remain broken. I'd be open to it being fixed though. I wanted to buy demons souls DLC so badly.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I think we will, however Bluepoint don't have the experience or the designers to create genuinely authentic Souls game design, so instead of a proper level it's just some small area with a bonus "thing" in it.

Best compromise would be making a DLC and somehow roping Fromsoftware into making the area.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they are going there.

I wish they were, just for the sake of seeing how they'd handle it, but it seems clear they'd have hyped it by now if it was happening.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you can interact with it, damn I really don't know what they would do.