• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong I'm hyped for Royal and Scramble and I'm interested in whatever game Arc does next anyway.(Ok I don't care that much about Granblue but everything else is cool.)

But if there's one spin-off I really wanted to see it's a new Arena title. I think Arcs Guilty Gear/FighterZ style graphics would look so cool with Persona 5.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If we're getting it at all, it'll be LATE next year.

ArcSys' plate is quite full right now, it's kinda crazy how big their output is right now.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Arc is now developing the next GG, and the ugly gacha fighter so I think it won't come soon. Maybe after Royal is available worldwide ans the game is popular again they'll announce it, and will be released in a year from now or later.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
The rumor was that there was a small team focusing on it but it won't go into full development untill after Grandblue Fantasy releases.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ArcSys is busy with either their own IPs or series that probably pay more (Bandai with DBZ and Cygames with Granblue), so probably not.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Arc is now developing the next GG, and the ugly gacha fighter so I think it won't come soon. Maybe after Royal is available worldwide ans the game is popular again they'll announce it, and will be released in a year from now or later.

Hey! Granblue looks awesome.

but yeah I don't think a P5R is in development right now

Nov 2, 2017
It's most likey the game they are making after grandblue and GG unless there some outer Big IP that wants Arc to make a fighting game for them

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want it anymore.

They're working on far higher profile franchises now and they probably want to bring Blazblue into 3D as well. Personally hoping for a Fate game from them after their current slate is out.

Would not mind P4U 2.0 on PS5 though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll be quite a while. I'm more interested in a new Blazblue honestly, but that probably won't be out for a really long time either. ArcSys is fucking busy these days.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think just because they worked on Dragon Ball should mean they must only make games about mainstream series now.

Nov 2, 2017
I also totally feel a new Blazblue is next on the horizon too Everytime Mori gets asked about it he always kinda says soon I just think he probably has to wait his turn for it to happen

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
There was a rumor that it was sort of in development but got pushed back so they could focus on Granblue. Then Guilty Gear entered full development after that.

So probably not for a while.

Or the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle team will make it.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doubt it. Joker is in Smash and Persona Arena is still being actively marketed through BBTAG.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think just because they worked on Dragon Ball should mean they must only make games about mainstream series now.
I don't think anyone is saying that. It's just that Arcsys isn't a big company, so if big companies like Bandai Namco and Cygames approach them for future projects or to support current projects, it would make sense for those to get higher priority than a smaller company like Atlus (though being owned by Sega might help now). That doesn't include them trying to push their own IPs, which obviously take a high priority as well.

It's just common sense. We'll probably get a P5A, just probably not within the next year or so like people seem to think, especially if they want it to get the 3D GG treatment.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it. Joker is in Smash and Persona Arena is still being actively marketed through BBTAG.
I don't get this logic. Noctis was in Tekken and that didn't stop Dissidia.

And the Persona Arena there promoting doesn't have any characters from their biggest game.
I don't think anyone is saying that. It's just that Arcsys isn't a big company, so if big companies like Bandai Namco and Cygames approach them for future projects or to support current projects, it would make sense for those to get higher priority than a smaller company like Atlus (though being owned by Sega might help now). That doesn't include them trying to push their own IPs, which obviously take a high priority as well.

It's just common sense. We'll probably get a P5A, just probably not within the next year or so like people seem to think, especially if they want it to get the 3D GG treatment.
That's fair reasoning. I'd just argued with people in the past who said "they should only do Dragon Ball now nothing else."

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's fair reasoning. I'd just argued with people in the past who said "they should only do Dragon Ball now nothing else."
Honestly, a sprite based P5A could possibly come out faster and have access to the P4AU roster.

But no one wants that. They want the GG 3D look, which will lead to a smaller roster or longer wait time, especially with GG's style getting an graphical/animation upgrade.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, a sprite based P5A could possibly come out faster and have access to the P4AU roster.

But no one wants that. They want the GG 3D look, which will lead to a smaller roster or longer wait time, especially with GG's style getting an graphical/animation upgrade.
That's fine with me honestly. I guess I was just wondering when we can expect to hear from it.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Nope.

Just look at how many games arcsys is developing right now. I doubt they have the time.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect it until long after Granblue is out. The initial leak that revealed Granblue Versus a few days prior to the reveal also said that P5A wasn't in development yet as they were doing Granblue first.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to say it's not happening. Arc System Works already has a lot on their plate with a new Guilty Gear and what seems to be a new Blazblue in the making as well. Cross Tag Battle seems to be retaining an audience too so they might continue making DLC for that as long as they can.

After the huge success of Dragon Ball Fighterz, I can see them making a sequel once next generation starts up. And Granblue also has a huge audience too, coupled with Cygames' bags of cash, will probably be going on for a while if there is positive reception and an active community for the game.

I feel like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's community coming and going in such a short time period, mainly because of the long wait between the arcade and console releases, along with the fact that Guilty Gear Xrd came out only three months after the console release of Ultimax, and that Ultimax came out only on last generation hardware, made Arc System Works eventually move on from the series.

It really felt like something that they wanted to continue doing, and it was a great success at first, but now they have Dragon Ball to be their licensed fighter. And working with Namco Bandai, who are really invested into the Dragon Ball IP AND also have a great amount of eSports experience, is probably more beneficial to them as well.

And personally, I feel as though getting an Arena game now, after we have gotten Q2 and Dancing Star Night, with also The Royal and Scramble coming out soon, would be kind of awkward. I still think it's really annoying how every single 2014 Arc System Works fighter was ported to the PS4 and PC except for Ultimax, but I imagine at that point Atlus wanted to move on from Persona 4 and focus on Persona 5 marketing.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this logic. Noctis was in Tekken and that didn't stop Dissidia.

And the Persona Arena there promoting doesn't have any characters from their biggest game.

To be fair, Dissidia NT came out in late 2015 and Noctis was added into it in September 2017. Whereas he wasn't revealed for Tekken until November 2017 or added into it until March 2018.

Dang, talking about poor arcade to console time-gaps reminds me how it took us over two years to get both Dissidia and Tekken 7. That was not fun.

Oct 27, 2017
A big reason Tag Battle will still be a thing, is that they can recycle tons of sprites they already have and only create new ones every now and then. They can basically print money this way.

I still find it so weird that they revealed the cool new characters for Season 2, and then revealed the copy pasted ones, what a weird decision lol.
Although I do think there is more to the work then just recycling sprites, but it is definitely easier than making new ones. Not to mention also making new stages, music, sound effects, the list goes on and on.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually under the impression it would be announced after they finished Granblue Versus as they did express interest in making one.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If it's in development right now, it will be announced in early-mid 2020 and released in early 2021. If it is not announced in 2020, there will never be a Persona 5 Arena.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they take their time they can make it as beautiful as Dragon Ball Fighterz or Guilty Gear.

All I want is P5 Arena with P4 and 3 characters and a One Piece game... Iss that too much to ask ArcSys...