• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whirlpool

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starfield, sure. I feel like a reveal for that should be coming soon.

Elder Scrolls. No. They've made it clear that it isn't ready to be talked about, they're even a bit angry about it. I expect silence on it for, at the very least, next two years. And that's just for hearing info about it.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting this is what Pete Hines said about Elder Scrolls VI a month ago:

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Could care less about ES6 with Starfield coming before it. I'm clamoring for more info on the latter. Even if it releases over a year from now. Info, alpha gameplay, whatever.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should keep whatever they're cooking for another decade in the oven and maybe it won't turn out to be a mess like FO4. Way more interested in Obsidia's new RPG.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Starfield I'm half-expecting a super minute tease of star field in late December. Then them saying something like "more to come next year..." Not expecting anything for Skyrim 2 for at least another two years

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You're not supposed to ask questions about Starfield or Elder Scrolls even though they were announced like two fucking years ago or Pete Hines will get upset.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like 2025 is the earliest we'd get an ES6 release. Starfield needs to be released first, then you have their DLC cycle for that, and then they can really work on Elder Scrolls.

I'm betting it releases towards the end of the next generation, and may be cross-gen with the following gen. I also wouldn't be shocked if it's a PS6/XSX2 gen only title.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Doubt it. But it's cool, I want them to take their time.

The SSD tech was the tech Todd was talking about that they needed to make the next elder scrolls.

Now that it's here, we can finally have the TES game I've always dreamed about where you could have a vast simulation, go to an in during a storm, look out the window watch the storm, and see the AI exhibiting complex emergent behaviors in and out of interiors and exteriors.

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Starfield to be revealed next year for a holiday release.

New gens seem to be the exception for developers revealing games earlier than they normally would though (see Capcom with RE8 and especially Pragmata), so who knows - it wouldn't surprise me if Starfield showed up at MS's event.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
why the hell did Bethesda show that ES6 trailer all those years ago?...way too soon...they gave in to fans always asking about the next ES game...

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I kind of expect to see Starfield later this year, and I think it will be an early 2021 release, similar to Oblivion. Won't be surprised to see it at Microsoft's conference.

why the hell did Bethesda show the ES6 trailer all those years ago?...way too soon...
To reassure the fans that FO76 is an exception and they're still doing single-player games.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Unlikely
I'm expecting a completely new engine from them considering it's a new IP and they have taken so long since F4.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Starfield is supposed to be out first.
I think maybe a minute long CG trailer to show the general setting and atmosphere they're going for.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear about the next Elder Scrolls in any meaningful way until late this gen. We still have no idea when Starfield is coming, and a proper Elder Scrolls game takes a long time to make even once they start full production on it.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I'm currently getting my Elder Scrolls fix from ESO so I don't mind waiting but I do think they should show us starfield already. At this point I'm expecting them to show it next "e3" and release it Fall 2021.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I am expecting to hear something about Starfield this year. Ever if it comes out next year they need to start hyping it up.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Not sure about this year, but 2021 for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see some cinematic trailers this year, but Starfield and Elders Scroll VI are like GTA VI for me. Expecting those games to come out 2023 ~

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
It's kind of sad that we've gone a full generation without a new mainline Elder Scrolls game, or even any real information on one.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just remove these two from your mind and be pleasantly surprised in 2025 for a teaser.

Deleted member 33567

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Why do they take so long, is the complexity of the game? Are they slow? Games are in development hell? Or do we just have unrealistic expectations?