• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Considering we got Petey as an extra for Vol 1, you think Sakurai will give us a bonus fighter alongside the final fighter? Maybe another random first party enemy or someone like a Linkle or Waluigi?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Piranha Plant was completely unconnected to the first fighters pass

AND HIS NAME'S NOT PETEY

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I know you don't want it to end, we had a nice ride... but the Fighter Pass has to end some time. Just accept it now, it will be easier.

Let Sakurai rest.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
my expectation is nothing, but there's maybe a slim chance they make that master hand from adventure mode into a bonus survival game or something

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that where Pirahna Plant is in the files, it seems likely he was pushed to DLC from base roster as a freebie due to development delays or just wanting a character as a promotional character.

Regardless, no chance lol

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, I'm expecting them to end with a surprise, something like Waluigi would be funny just for the memes (and I unironically want him in)

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
No.

Proof: If you turn on character stacking, the character select screen will make a perfect rectangle with 1 more character added. This was also true with the launch roster AND the Fighter Pass 1 roster.

Throughout all of Smash Ultimate's lifecycle you've always been able to tell how many characters are left to be added in the current "round" by seeing how many total characters will form a perfect rectangle.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I swear Sakurai specifically said the next one was it before. I could see maybe a last sorta blow out with some bonuses on top of the last character but I wouldn't/don't expect a second newcomer.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I don't think it's happening, but I selfishly definitely want it to lmao

I really love Smash Ultimate and I'm gonna be sad to see the introduction of new characters end! But it's time for the development team to take a break after the work that's been put in for so long.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I sort of thought we'd have had some Echo Fighters released as freebies, kinda weird we didn't.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
No, Sakurai made it very clear that this next character will be the last one.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
After Cinderace's reveal, Sakurai himself will announce Fighter Pass Vol.3, with seven fighters this time!

Then he pauses, and sobs quietly for three and a half minutes before the Direct finally cuts away for the announcement of Codename Steam's Switch port.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I trust Sakurai when he says this is it. I feel hes already frustrated as hell ar times where there's a group of people who try to read between the lines out of anything he says.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
My dream scenario is that after Sakurai finishes his presentation for the final character that an "OBJECTION!" flashes on screen and Phoenix Wright get announced as the REAL last character. That would be such a hype and logical way to do it and have a bonus character LOL

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 4chan "leak" that's been somewhat accurate that mentioned this possibility. It'd be fun but I don't expect it.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I'm feeling like the final character is already considered as a bonus or special thing, as it had a special animation when the first FP2 trailer was shown.
Or maybe that was done to emphasize on the fact that FP2 technically has one more character than FP1, I dunno.
I don't think we're getting anything past FP2, I just hope we get one last Sakurai presentation as good as the previous ones to end the Ultimate DLC phase on the best possible note :)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alph is going to be elevated to an echo rather than a costume

#FreeAlph