• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Captain Toad is on Switch
3D World is in Mario Maker 2

Nintendo: Well, I think we've tapped all we can do here!

(Yeah more will come)

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
I'm all for them taking a break for a bit. Better to save the ports for when they have gaps to fill. Right now it feels like they are finally re-capturing their 2017 groove in terms of new and original output

Apr 21, 2018
I hope Nintendo always does remasters and remakes. Galaxy 1/2, 3D World, XCX, Paper Mario: TTYD, F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I assume they are spreading out the Wii U ports to fill in the slow months (early in the year) so I assume we can expect a couple of more ports for early 2020.

Laurel_McFang

Feb 17, 2019
Pikmin 3 please. oh wow rumors that it is coming. the wonderful 101 is also nice, but Pikmin 3 is like the Apex of the series must play bingo on the go.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Atlus loves to port and remake, so Tokyo Mirage Sessions seems like an easy choice to happen eventually.

If a new Paper Mario isn't being planned, I can see Color Splash making it over too.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
3D World in the January of the year Odyssey 2 is set to have a holiday release (probably this coming year).

Twilight Princess and/or Wind Waker in the March before BotW 2 releases. I expect that to mean this coming March, with BotW 2 coming exactly a year later.

Woolly World, Xenoblade X, Color Splash, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 etc can come out during any random drought post-BotW 2. At that point they should be also releasing HD versions of hit Wii games like Galaxy, which can also be slotted in anywhere contingent on new games in their series.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Twilight Princess, and Wonderful 101 are what I really need on the Switch. :\

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
TW101 and XCX

I think XCX port is very likely, as a 'filler' before the next Xeno game is out.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
With the switch being so much more popular than the wiiu I would expect more. Also...

Devils Third when?

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Just rebought XCX on the Wii U and already put 25 hours into it. Would buy it on the Switch in a heartbeat.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 fosho'. Xenoblade X is a fairly strong canditate as well. Nintendo just currently has a really packed release schedule so I don't expect those until maybe around Q2-Q3 2020 when they might have another lull.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
3DWorld and Pikmin 3 are pretty much guaranteed. Platinum is supposedly pushing for W101. The ones that are kinda dubious are XCX and TMS but they could still happen as long as their respective studios are willing to take the risk.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
W101, XCX and Tokyo Mirage Sessions should not be stuck on the Wii U.

While I agree with this, and add in Pikmin 3, I don't think we are getting any more. I personally believe that anything that could get ported should be ported, even at a discount, but I don't think Nintendo is interested in putting more resources towards that end. Shame really. Even Paper Mario Color Splash could have used somd post dev polishing and updates and a re-issue. There are sadly too many solid games still stuck on the wiiu

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Tw101
Xbx
HD zelda

Those are the only ones that make sense to me really.

Pikmin 3 if it's part of a all three games bundle.

Non of the rest of them make sense to me buisness wise, except maybe 3d world, but ide just see them releasing a sequel or a new game.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't see any of the games you guys mentioned not coming to Switch. It would just be weird. Pretty much every game came at a loss that can be recouped by re-releasing on Switch.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
They fucking better. 3D World and Wind Waker HD are fucking amazing and don't deserve to be shackled to a dead console. (As well as other games people have mentioned)

Oct 30, 2017
As someone that never owned a Wii U, I would definitely get these:
Super Mario 3D World
Zelda GC HD Two-pack
Pikmin Trilogy
Paper Mario Color Splash

And a Kirby Rainbow Curse port to the 3DS... but I'm afraid the 3DS is dead.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm sure more games will end up being ported eventually, but not everything. I think you can seperate the remaining Wii U Nintendo-published lineup into four categories:

Would probably get a port
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
  • The Wonderful 101
Would probably get a sequel
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Dr. Luigi
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
  • NES Remix
  • Pushmo World
Could potentially get both
  • Pikmin 3 (well, if we trust Emily and Zell, we'll definitely get 3 and 4)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (if the next Xeno game is X2, it and a port of the original could co-exist)
Likely won't get anything
  • Nintendo Land
  • Game & Wario
  • Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
  • Devil's Third
  • Pokémon Rumble U
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Party U
  • Wii Sports Club

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would still like a Xenoblade X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ports but I don't know how likely either of those are.

Oh and Pikmin 3.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
XCX and the Zelda ports I could take or leave, but I absolutely must have TW101, 3D World, and Woolie World.

Not sure how they could make Starfox work, and would rather they just make a new one.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
They will probably have a few more to fill out their next software drought.

And I think those titles would be Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Pikmin 3, XBX and/or TW101

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Not only should they port the much wanted XCX, TMS, SM3DW...

Were long overdue a Mario 3D collection of Mario 64 and Sunshine (especially due to lack of VC).

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably not gonna play through it again but Tokyo Mirage Sessions is fantastic and should totally rerelease on Switch.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to get Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3. Anything else will be a bonus. If these two are released, I probably won't have to take my Wii U out of storage outside unless I want to homebrew it.