• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

From White House to the Big House?

• They will all spend some real time in prison

Votes: 35 3.7%
  • Only Donald will do real time

Votes: 27 2.9%
  • One or more of the kids will but Don does not.

Votes: 51 5.5%
  • The rich don’t go to jail

Votes: 822 87.9%

• Total voters

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course they will all get pardoned for Fed crimes but State crimes they may still have a day in court.

Do you think they will actually do any real jail time?

Rich (and famous) people generally don't go to jail. And if they do it's for like 2 weeks no matter what they did.

With the ability to tie things up in court for years plus having stacked the courts with his own people plus as I said rich people just don't face the same justice us lesser mortal do, do you think Trump and/or his kids will ever do any real jail time?

Edit: Accidentally sent it early. More poll options.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Neither. There will be things written about them that should be investigated, but probably won't be.

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
Can we vote on what we hope will happen since there is no 'I am dead inside this is horrible' option?
Edit: thanks for adding the new option. this does nothing to heal the vast chasm of suffering in my soul, but I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
No, nobody in Trump's family will face serious legal consequences because laws don't apply to the ruling class. People fantasizing about Trump going to jail are fooling themselves to an extreme degree.

Aug 31, 2019
Why is there no "none of them will" option? It's clear that it's not going to be politically safe to send them anywhere apart from a golf course, you're dreaming if you think you'll get the money shot of them in chains

Edit: ahh, the poll has been updated

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking it would be funny if the whole family was put in a single jail cell. Kind of like the last scene in Seinfeld. Then I was thinking they could make a reality TV show about it... then I REALLY thought, they probably are going to make a reality TV show about the Trumps after he leaves office.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don Jr, Eric, Tiffany or Baron will, but it will be on some drug or drunk driving charge 25+ years from now. There will be no justice rendered for any of the shit that's transpired these past four years.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
If their tax fraud had taken place in a red state like Alabama I'd be inclined to say no.

But the state of NY (where the NYT reported there are tens of instances of tax fraud) has a liberal AG, a vengeance, and a grand jury with his tax returns that he fought all the way to the Supreme Court to keep suppressed, so I'm leaning toward yes.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What I want (jail time) and reality is totally different.
He is going to enjoy the rest of his life for the next 15 years and on a random Tuesday we will get that CNN notification that he passed away.

May 10, 2018
Nope. Trump will probably have to pay a lot of money but he won't see a day in jail. Neither will his kids, at least not for anything that occurred during his time in office.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Definitely not Don himself. If worst comes to worst and state charges are brought against him, then he'll pull an Enron and throw one of his kids under the bus.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
America jailing a rich(?), white dude who was elected President?

Y'all are cute.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Nope.

Not only because the rich don't go to jail, but also because it would set a precedent no politician or judge will want to set I reckon. The danger it will appear to the Maga's (ironically the lock her up-crowd) as a political reckoning will be too big to make it viable to happen. In the end it will be 'focus on healing and coming together' in stead of due justice.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Precedent says the rich don't pay for their crimes. Or they legally stall forever

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
That's not how our society works. He won't do time either because he won't be sentenced or because Biden will pardon him in order for the nation to "heal".

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I'm certain we've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the crimes of this family, so there's a good chance someone goes to jail.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Hate to say it but they've basically cemented themselves as an American Dynasty akin to the Rockefellers and Kennedys. The Trump family name will be in our face for generations.

Oct 26, 2017
The idea that a president AND his family are protected from any justice for crimes they commit is ridiculous. Leaders get thrown in jail all the time all over the world. If that feels embarassing, maybe don't elect career criminals?

Only a select few monarchs are above the law in the world, and last time I checked Trump failed to become appointed god-emperor.

That doesn't mean that I think they WILL see justice, because your system is so damn corrupt. But the investigations have put a lot of influential white men in prison already.