• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Tom Brady's tenure with Bucs will be productive, borderline, or a flop?

• Productive - His team will contend for SBs and possibly win

Votes: 200 29.6%
  • Borderline - His team will compete for playoff spots, but never win any championships

Votes: 274 40.5%
  • Flop - His team will underperform and barely make playoff appearances

Votes: 202 29.9%

• Total voters

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I voted flop.

5ebacf52cd3221a7487b805d0954b422.jpg

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
He's another year beyond 40, and last season was the first where his arm strength looked like it was finally beginning to show a legitimats decline. He's going to entering into a new system with a new coach after spending two decades with the "make something out of nothing" mastermind that was Belichick. Add in the fact that he's going to have decreased preseason reps with the new team due to coronavirus, and I just don't see it being a rousing success. I say this is as a huge supporter* of his legacy.

*I'm not a actual fan of Brady, but I'm always there when people try to absurdly question his legacy as one of the GOATs.
Haha I'm on record for being a supporter of his legacy, but I also doubted his old ass getting it done again. That's that.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
You know you're in deep GOAT territory when even the Joe Montana comparisons comes-off as a slight to your greatness.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Flop.

I'm of the belief that Brady was never really that good. That between Belichick's coaching/cheating and Kraft's power in the league, the Patriots have just been a well-oiled machine. No matter who they've rotated in and out during this run, Brady included, they've won games regardless.

Brady will crumble under an offense that actually gets called for holding. I predict he'll get injured after a few games and that'll be the end of it. Then people will just say he was old.

So incredibly wrong. One of the best posts ever in retrospect right here, a masterpiece.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
LOL. I had a feeling this would be bumped. I don't like Brady but I gave him a fair shake and voted Productive when I made the thread.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm certainly eating crow this morning.
I voted 'FLOP' last spring. Figured the Bucs would need a couple years pulling things together.

GOAT indeed. Just impressive.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't vote, but prior to the season I would have said we would have at least been capable of making the playoffs. The offense was great, but Jameis was his own worst enemy, and I felt that the defense would give up plays at the most inopportune moments. Replacing Jameis with someone that wasn't a turnover machine would help keep the Bucs in the game simply by not giving the opposing teams more scoring opportunities. I'm glad Brady was able to exceed my expectations, and I hope we can do it again next season.

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
Man, can you imagine being Tom Brady right now? Just fuckin winning. Dabbin on young people. Having people like us come back to threads like this hanging our heads in shame?

I wonder if Tom browses the internet with the highest sense of smug self satisfaction. I don't think you can afford the time to do that when you're operating at that level but still, I'd just be browsing the internet reading about myself today lol.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I didn't vote, but I was expecting borderline, meaning they would make the playoffs and not win anything. Just wild how it turned out.