• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Disgustingly tone deaf premise when so many people have died as a direct result of this administration. On top of that, three SC appointments, rolling back and blocking efforts to fight climate change, stoking the fires of misinformation and authoritarianism and subjecting the LGBTQ community to even more violence and oppression.

Shameful.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. His Supreme Court picks will fuck us over for a good percentage of all of our lifetimes.

OP
OP
Orb

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
ultimately the conversation serves to do little more than to give Trump credit he doesn't deserve and make small little in-roads for whatever alt-right trolls and undercover conservatives are browsing right now.
That's not the intention at all. I don't want to imply that Trump himself is an agent for good. He didn't do any of this on purpose. If there is any argument to be made that any good comes from any of this, it's not because Trump did the good. It's a consequence of the outcomes from his time in office, not because he deserves "credit" for anything good at all. I don't mean to imply that and I'm sorry if it comes off that way or if the framing of this question is hurtful to those directly negatively impacted by Trump's actions and rhetoric.

Nepenthe, as an administrator of this site you have my full blessing to lock this thread if you believe its existence is harmful. I won't take any offense.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Only if in response to him, the USA pushes left and the GOP/Similar candidate never wins again.

It is clear this isn't the case.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
There is no future where good-meaning people commemorate Trump as a net positive, especially alongside Trump cultists worshipping him for decades to come. People looking for progress in the country have no reason to thank him. Their work is hard enough as it is without the damage Trump has caused.

This is rhetorically pretty close to saying something like "those confederates deserve some credit because, hey, we ended slavery and built a better nation"

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
no. he is not some necessary antithesis that will lead to a glorious synthesis

the government has suffered a diminishment in competence that will persist no matter who is in charge. the discourse, bad as it was before, is worse and apparently getting worse post-election

that's to say nothing of the human cost that we have already paid

Nov 1, 2017
No, but there's a silver lining if it means people keep voting for the Democrats to win the presidency for the next 3-4 terms. It will be all for naught if the Republicans regain that power.

Status
Not open for further replies.