• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony will have a release date for one of their big titles but as for something unexpected I can't even guess.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Nintendo always waits until the last second to reveal a lot of their games, & so far only has Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Luigi's Mansion 3, & maybe Metroid Prime 4 this year. And I guess some DLC of recent games & remakes of older ones. I'm willing to believe Nintendo has at least 1 AAA 2019 release they haven't announced yet.

PulpPedro

Dec 21, 2018
Well, like many people here are saying I do believe Nintendo could drop a bomb on us around March or April and announce a big first-party exclusive title to come out around the holidays (unless Animal Crossing or Pokemon will fill that role)

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Splinter Cell and Warner Montreal are this year. They are, right? We can't go another year without a DC game and Splinter Ce game. Right guys? Right? :(

I'd bet Metroid Prime 4 is Nintendo's big game for the fall.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely see medium-sized project Ă  la Darksiders 3 pop up or spin-offs to major franchises. Let's not forget there's a Far Cry game coming next month that was only announced a month ago, so it's not implausible to get something surprising I guess. But it's not like we're getting a mainline Zelda, Mario, Halo, Gears, Killzone, Uncharted or whatever out of nowhere.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of your tag, this might be the year of Skate 4. Last year I bought into it because there was that tweet of that pro skater guy at EA Sports doing motion cap, but this now might be the year.

I've been burned so many times, that at this point I rather not put any crazy hopes into it

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still think people are crazy for expecting Titanfall 3 this year.

Splinter Cell and Warner Montreal are this year. They are, right? We can't go another year without a DC game and Splinter Ce game. Right guys? Right? :(
Splinter Cell's more likely to be announced at E3 and released ~March next year, at best. Watch Dogs 3 probably this year and either a fast tracked sequel (e.g. Ghost Recon Wildlands 2) or something out of left field (like Steep).

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
As a few others have said I'm assuming Watch Dogs 3 gets announced at E3(London,please).
Would be nice if Rocksteady came out of the shadows,but I'm not sure what's going on there tbh.
I also hope for Ueda's new game,not sure if that falls under AAA though.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
We still don't know what Bluepoint is working on. And then there's Splinter Cell, the only game from the leak that hasn't come true.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you count as big games tho. I would argue that most Nintendo games are AA by today's standard.
for nintendo's AAA games, i would say the list includes mario (2d, 3d, kart), zelda, smash, animal crossing, splatoon, pokemon. so i expect something in that tier this year that we don't still know about.

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
anubins-three-dots-of-doom.png
Don't play with my heart like that!

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Doom: Eternal.
Rage 2.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood.
Yep, I don't expect anything else this year from Bethesda Softworks. Tango's new game and Arkane's big game (The Crossing) for 2020 imo, with Starfield for 2021.

• Watch Dogs 3 and Titanfall 3 feel highly likely for 2019 to me.
  • Splinter Cell and Borderlands 3 are maybes.
  • New Star Wars game? Who knows where those titles are at though. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Battlefront 3 is revealed for 2019 and all other titles stay in the dark for another year...

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I don't expect anything else this year from Bethesda Softworks. Tango's new game and Arkane's big game (The Crossing) for 2020 imo, with Starfield for 2021.

• Watch Dogs 3 and Titanfall 3 feel highly likely for 2019 to me.
  • Splinter Cell and Borderlands 3 are maybes.
  • New Star Wars game? Who knows where those titles are at though. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Battlefront 3 is revealed for 2019 and all other titles stay in the dark for another year...

Jedi Order was confirmed for this year so Titanfall 3 will likely be pushed back at least a quarter, unless EA wants to prove they didn't learn their lesson.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You got all inverted op. If anything, we know more about 2019 Nintendo titles than any other publisher. We know Luigi Mansion 3, fire emblem, animal crossing and Pokemon. All multi million sellers coming this year. Or are you one of those that only consider Nintendo big games as being Mario and Zelda related?

Meanwhile, we don't know what holiday title Bethesda will have, or EA, or Ubisoft. They definitely will announce something for the year end. How can you not expect than to announce something big?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
[QUOTE="justiceiro, post: 16727731, member: 26101"]Meanwhile, we don't know what holiday title Bethesda will have, or EA, or Ubisoft. They definitely will announce something for the year end. How can you not expect than to announce something big?[/QUOTE]

DOOM Eternal or Wolfenstein: Yungblood for Bethesda
Jedi: Fallen Order for EA
Skull & Bones and most likely Watch_Dogs 3 for Ubisoft.

We know.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not until Nintendo shows their cards, which'll inevitably happen soon.

Reminder that it took them until March of 2018 to reveal goddamn Smash Bros, which we didn't even know was in development until they were already telling us that it was coming out the same year.

Literally anything's on the table for this year from Nintendo. Look forward to it.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
[QUOTE="justiceiro, post: 16727731, member: 26101"]Meanwhile, we don't know what holiday title Bethesda will have, or EA, or Ubisoft. They definitely will announce something for the year end. How can you not expect than to announce something big?

We know.[/QUOTE]
Almost all title you mentioned are not even confirmed to release this year, so we don't really know.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

We know.

DOOM Eternal is listed as "2019" on Bethesda site.
Wolfenstein is confirmed as a 2019 title
Jedi Fallen Order is confirmed as a 2019 title.
Watch_Dogs 3 is going to get teased with a Fall 2019 launch, just like the previous one.

Why are u lying? ALMOST

OP
OP
SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You got all inverted op. If anything, we know more about 2019 Nintendo titles than any other publisher. We know Luigi Mansion 3, fire emblem, animal crossing and Pokemon. All multi million sellers coming this year. Or are you one of those that only consider Nintendo big games as being Mario and Zelda related?

Meanwhile, we don't know what holiday title Bethesda will have, or EA, or Ubisoft. They definitely will announce something for the year end. How can you not expect than to announce something big?

Well I thought about Nintendo after the fact and remembered we knew about those games and it's just announcing dates.

But we also know plenty about Bethesda, EA, and Ubisoft. Not necessarily fall, but they've got plenty of games for us.