• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This might be too early since LAR just got announced, but do you think we will see the Oracle games get remade next, maybe a 2021 or 2022 title?

We had rumours that Nintendo wants to release a new Zelda for Switch every year, and if that's true this is what I am thinking...

2017: Breath of the Wild
2018: Hyrule Warriors Deluxe Version
2019: Link's Awakening Remake
2020: Breath of the Wild 2 (King Zell teased this)
2021: Oracle of Seasons & Ages Remake
2022: Hyrule Warriors 2 (or switch OoSR&OoAR with HW2)
2023: Brand new Zelda on Switch 2

What do you think?

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
no because nintendo doesn't have the same emotional attachment to them since they were made by capcom.

tezuka and miyamoto constantly talked about Link's Awakening in interviews. Oracles? never

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if any capcom zelda should be remade it should be Minish Cap

game was half-baked

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as they were Capcom games I'm not sure if nintendo will want to remake them. Hell the Oracle games and Minish Cap were barely referenced in Hyrule Warriors, even when the Legends DLC had a focus on handheld Zelda games.

If they do remake the games then I hope they look like the official art.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Like others are saying, I don't think they'll bother with the Capcom games. They didn't make them and it might be a legal nightmare/too much trouble to be worth it.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I dunno, the fact that it was made by Capcom, makes me feel like it's less likely.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
The Oracles were basically rom hacks of Link's Awakening with some Ocarina-era stuff dropped in. They're much wonkier design wise and would need a lot of cruft cut out to not be annoying.

So probably not. Same with the DS games, they'll probably stay as the original versions only.

Already done in 1995, they could just tidy it up and re-release it.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. The Oracle games are both better than LA. Maybe we can even get Oracle of Secrets, which would be *amazing*.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
They need to do Zelda II next.
tenor.gif

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yes, bring on the remakes of the best zelda game! (the two combined together)
(Personally, i don't think they will since they were not made in-house by Nintendo like Link Awakening was, but i sure would love getting a remake of them.)

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
A Zelda I + II remake collection would be neat.

I'm in for all remakes. I still want my HD SS. :/

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt anytime soon, the games are good, but they are kind of a side show to the main series, without LA's benefit of being first party developed and generally more well loved. Doesn't seem like it would be a high priority.

They need to do Zelda II next.
Now this I think could and should happen.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to see yearly Zelda, but part of me wants to be a bit weary about the yearly Zelda title. Mind you though it would be nice to see a variety of available Zelda titles for everyone to enjoy.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
They're the best 2D Zeldas, so I hope we get remakes someday. I doubt they'll be remade any time soon though.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, not a chance in hell. Not just because they weren't Nintendo-made (so my guess is they're apathetic towards them), but because it just seems a little too pipe-dreamy. It'd be more than necessary sort of thing.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. I have a lot of nostalgia for those games sense I didn't have an N64 as a kid but I did have a GBC.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Honestly they should do both Oracle games and Zelda II. I would have preferred those to a Link's Awakening remake honestly.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
The Capcom made games (Oracles, the original Four Swords and Minish Cap) are barely acknowledged by Nintendo on anything - I.e. Smash Bros trophies, cameos or references in later Zelda games, heck even the anniversary concert cds deliberately leave their music out while having music from every other Zelda's game. They will never be remade.

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, I think that's the whole point. They can simply reuse this engine. So,

BotW -> LA Remake -> BotW 2 -> Seasons/Ages Remake (double release)

This is probably their strategy for the mainline Zelda series on Switch.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
If they do it, it needs to be a 2D sprite remake, with the most beautiful 2D work they can muster!

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Link's Awakening deserves to be accessible to as many people as possible, but after this, I want new 2D Zelda games. There's potential for Nintendo to surpass Link's Awakening. I can feel it.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that Nintendo doesn't care about the Oracle games because they were "made by Capcom" is ridiculous. The director of those games, Hidemaro Fujibayashi has worked at Nintendo for over a decade and recently directed Breath of the Wild. You guys ever hear of BREATH OF THE WILD? Also they were technically developed by Flagship (who also worked on Kirby Squeak Squad and Amazing Mirror). They were absorbed by Capcom in 2007 but I wouldn't be surprised if other staff members are now at Nintendo.

Oracle remakes would be fantastic but are you going to sell two $60 Zeldas at the same time? I'm even wondering if they are going to add substantial content to the LA remake.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind Seasons and Ages remakes/a remake. It'd be cool for them or the first two Zelda's to get remade. I personally would prefer an original 2D Zelda, especially because the last original one was basically a reimagined LttP. A Minish Cap/Four Swords follow up would be cool. Or something all together different.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It'd make a lot of sense to slap them together using the same engine, so, knowing Nintendo, they probably won't do it. Who needs money?! Surely not the same company sitting on Mother 3 for no discernible reason.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want A Link to the Past or Minish Cap to get remade.

The Ds games need to be updated with a TON of changes if we ever get to them.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I find the level design much more interesting in both Oracles than in Link's Awakening if only because of the new items introduced.

My pipe dream would be a remake of both Oracle games followed by the third Oracle game that was never made.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
They're good games, and much like I expect to happen with LA, it'd be nice to free them of the shackles of their original control scheme. Count me in.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
Considering that I had to force myself through them, please no, not unless they are major remakes that make them less linear.