• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
GoW 5 needs to have a flashback to this scene:

maxresdefault.jpg
We're going to have to wait for the PS6's adaptive resistance in the thumbsticks for this scene.
LWrqeIU.png

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that of all things Ninja Gaiden 3 was trying to emulate this way back when.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine fighting games could really benefit from the haptics as well letting you know what kind of hits are landing from how strong to whether they're high, low, jumping and so on. All just from the haptics.

Sep 22, 2019
In MGS2 I believe the analog buttons on PS2 meant you cracked the neck once you pressed hard. that felt kind of good tbh and im looking forward for adaptive trigger neck breaking

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I've said it in another thread, but as cool as the adaptive triggers are, I hope that it doesnt mean devs will make awkward control schemes to make sure you open doors, open chests, pick up heavy objects, ALL on the two trigger buttons.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In MGS2 I believe the analog buttons on PS2 meant you cracked the neck once you pressed hard. that felt kind of good tbh and im looking forward for adaptive trigger neck breaking
I accidentally cracked too many necks to count in that game. Or was it in MGS3? Snake just slit someone's throat in that one though.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Fun idea; I hadn't even considered that. I hope so. Imagine how good a next gen Manhunt could be.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I really really hope Microsoft copies it in a controller revision so that it becomes a thing on PC too. I'm super interested in this.
while i'll be enjoying the feature..shit will be a nightmare for esports.
A feature that can be turned off will be a nightmare?

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
This would feel insane in MGS V if it were patched in (never happening!!!)

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about this. This sounds horrifying lol

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The attention to detail of a Naughty Dog game, distilled into a DualSense.

I'm not ready.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I hope so. There should be some resistance to breaking a person's neck. If the writing or story isn't going to do it then have the controller add in something if it can. The number of humans I smothered/broke their neck to death in TLoU Part II - I was already tired and disgusted and if it got harder and harder to do as the game went on - add another point to the score of 10/10 from me. Or if bloodlust is what you want to portray it gets easier and easier. I am 100% for it if games implement systems like that.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another good idea for the dual sense triggers, keep them coming to give devs ideas

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I never thought of the triggers being used like this. This sounds incredible.

It could be great with the proper sound design, resistance in the triggers until you hear the bones crack and then the triggers go completely loose.

Sep 22, 2019
I accidentally cracked too many necks to count in that game. Or was it in MGS3? Snake just slit someone's throat in that one though.
i honestly forget its been so long, it did have the "raise weapon without firing" ability though, that might be cool to have ADS and firing on one trigger instead of the usual two triggers for aim and fire

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Kratos about to destroy Odin's remaining eye and the trigger goes wild on that side I bet.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
The end point is 'Twist the PlayStation 6 DualFlexTM controller to wring the dog's neck' in Last of Us Part 3, while the controller whimpers through its speaker. The world will not be ready.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
In a thread a few weeks ago I jokingly said the TLOU3 would use tension in the triggers to replicate the sensation of pressing a knife deeper into an enemies throat as you cut. The player could use it as a interrogation mechanic. Some enemies would spill the info while more die hard enemies would need more persuasion.

I don't think it will be used for that kind of gameplay but the option is there for Devs that make more violent games.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I.... hope not. Saints and Sinners VR was something having to arc sharp objects to drive them into zombie skulls and that was visual only.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what it'll be like for the PS5 in the long term? There's a ton of potential, but HD Rumble on the Switch did as well and few games take full advantage of it.