• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What'll be the default color of PlayStation 5?

• White with black accent like the controller

Votes: 787 85.1%
  • Black like the previous consoles

Votes: 85 9.2%
  • A completely different color

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • It will launch with multiple color variants

Votes: 51 5.5%

• Total voters

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think it will be black and white with a little blue strip of light. Other than that I'm not sure. It will need adequate cooling. But that's my guess for overall design ideas.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah probably something like this

Jh2ibAC.png
this genuinely reminds me of one of those IG models with the blatantly fake ass from booty injections. yikes.

Jun 4, 2019
I'm expecting a sleeker—minimalist—version of the dev kit with white as the primary color, black venting and a blue led highlight. I suspect the notch or 'V' shape in the center will be present but not as extreme. I don't mind this look as the controller is growing on me.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
It seems likely at this point. I'm okay with that so long as the design is nice, I like the black and white Xbox One S. I just hope they don't feel the console needs to be attention grabbing.
The controller is anything but subtle, which doesn't give me any hope the console will be chill in it's design.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling its gonna have a dominant white scheme with black accents, but I'm hoping its the other way around. Not a big fan of bright white console design. Almost all of my other consoles are darker colored so it would look completely out of place.

Feb 8, 2018
Don't care for colors even thought I like the contrast on the controller. If I had to pick a color I'd say White console with a blue logo on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I can see everything have a white with black and blue accents scheme. A design language all building off of where they were heading with the PSVR's aesthetic.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If it's mainly white, I legit will not buy one at - or near - launch so I honestly hope not. Will hold out for a grey/black scheme at the very least.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind black and white mix, it's just the blue lights makes it seem like the controller is wearing a shirt/pants. Probably not an issue with the console itself.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
We've got a new white controller,PSVR is white......it kinda looks like that's Sony's new thing.I'm down with it anyway,kinda makes it all look truly next gen somehow.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
has any console ever came with color different than the controller? i'm really curious.

it will be two tones, yes, white and black.