• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 come to Xbox Game Pass on day one?

• Yes

Votes: 67 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,203 94.7%

• Total voters

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
This is inspired by this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-...-bring-their-games-to-game-pass-day-1.194331/

I saw a few people bring up the idea of Cyberpunk 2077 coming to Game Pass on day one. There's a case to be made for this, with Microsoft increasing investment into the Game Pass service, the marketing deal between CDPR and Microsoft, and the fact that the Witcher 3 launched on the service late last year.

Personally, I can't see it. You risk the chance of pissing off everyone who pre-ordered the game for the system. I see it coming later for sure (maybe when the Series X comes out) but not on the first release date.

Soiks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it makes sense financially for either party considering the vast amount of money it's likely to bring in.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Not day one but later down the line. CDPR has a good relationship with MS and I would suppose they worked this out with the marketing deal.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Cant see AAA 3rd party doing this.

it basically suicide and also give day1 discount to your game..

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More likely to see it be like the FF15 game where if you buy the xbox version, you get the windows store version as well, before ever seeing it on gamepass day 1.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I don't think so.

It being added reasonably soon (as in after 18 months) possibly.

I wouldn't have said RDR 2 would have been on it as quickly as it was.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Not a chance. The Witcher 3 is super old and has no bearing on any new releases. Cyberpunk is far too high-profile a release not tied already to Microsoft to see them going that route unless Microsoft is paying them an inordinate sum, especially with the previous announcement that buy Cyberpunk on Xbox One guarantees you the Series X version so you don't have to rebuy it.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
No but it would be a great move to put it on after Series X comes out. They won't want to subsidize new sales too expensive but of Series X comes out 3 months later that wold be a bold move.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Nope. I dont think itll take too long for it to be on gamepass though, id bet a year. Which honestly is pretty fast for a game that huge.

OP
OP
Magic-Man

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Like I said in the OP, I can see it coming to Game Pass alongside the Series X launch (that would be a killer third-party app that could get some advertising attention), but not in September.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
No. CDPR made news about how they support MS's Smart Delivery initiative. That would be rendered irrelevant if there were plans to bring it to Pass, day 1. I do foresee it coming to Pass one day however.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
There's a case to be made for this, with Microsoft increasing investment into the Game Pass service, the marketing deal between CDPR and Microsoft, and the fact that the Witcher 3 launched on the service late last year.

I don't see how any of that translates into a case being made for Cyberpunk2077 on Game Pass day one, but that's just me.

And to answer the thread, no.

Joo

May 25, 2018
I think the soonest it can happen is once the sales start to really slow down, and that might take a long while. But definitely it'll be on game pass at some point I'd imagine.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Possibly. Maybe MS threw some money at them to grab a short exclusive period for the Next-Gen version. Who knows! Getting a solid launch date would be good also!

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think it's pretty likely. Xbox One is definitely the primary platform for this game and Microsoft seems to be putting a lot of marketing behind it, especially with it being the main third-party game behind Microsoft's Xbox One/Series X cross-generational play.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. Microsoft would have to pay CDPR near the whole RRP for every copy minus whatever cut MS normally take to get something close to that. They'd have to toss them probably hundreds of millions of dollars.