• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think it's possible for Sony to be at someone else's E3 event?

• Yes, I think it's possible

Votes: 69 15.7%
  • No, I don't think it's possible

Votes: 371 84.3%

• Total voters

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Thought it might be fun to discuss the possibility, what if Sony is still going to have a presence at E3 2019 and it will be on someone else's stage? There're a couple of options that immediately spring to mind, the first being AMD. Sony could have Shawn Layden or Mark Cerny come out to speak at AMD's event much in the same way Phil Spencer did at their CES event. Another option that's less likely, but would be far more hilarious would be if Sony had a person like Shawn Layden come out to speak at Microsoft's event. A week ago the possibility of showing up at the Microsoft event would have been pure fantasy, but now Sony and Microsoft have a partnership regarding cloud technology so that possibility has taken one small step forward towards the realm of possibility.

Beyond those 2 press conferences there's always the chance for Sony to show up at another event like Square Enix if it turns out the FF7 Remake has some sort of PlayStation exclusivity (be it timed or permanent), or maybe at another event where Sony has marketing deals for certain games.

So yeah, do you think it's possible that Sony could still have a presence at someone else's conference this E3?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They said they won't be there, and I think they meant it.

I also don't see what that would achieve.

No they won't as they don't have anything to announce yet.
State of Play has proven that they do have things they could use as E3 announcements but it probably wouldn't be satisfactory as a whole, and some things aren't appropriate to even tease yet, such as PS5 games in development.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p5ltvrRVHO1uaq40oo3_1280.gif

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Why would they.

Like, they don't care about their internet fans having something to hold on to in terms of being able to say "see, they were at E3 after all!"

Most of the games there will be announced for their platform(s) anyway and that'll be that.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're not at E3 it's because they don't have anything to show there. Going into another presser goes against the idea.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I can somewhat see the appeal of someone like Kamiya appear at a MS press conference because he's presenting a game but why would anyone give a shit about some Sony guy showing up at another press conference? I thought we were passed this executive worship when Kevin Butler appeared at a Sony conference.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Not a full on conference but after that MS announcement, I could see them popping up and being like, yo MS, sup? So more like a segment of partnership.

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
A week ago the possibility of showing up at the Microsoft event would have been pure fantasy, but now Sony and Microsoft have a partnership regarding cloud technology so that possibility has taken one small step forward towards the realm of possibility.
Yeah, like how Microsoft showed up on Sony's Conference when they adopted Blu-Ray or how Apple announces their iPhones on Samsung events.

These partnerships are made all the time. Stop pretending big corporations are big buds when something like this happens, please.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a full on conference but after that MS announcement, I could see them popping up and being like, yo MS, sup? So more like a segment of partnership.
who will find that interesting? partnerships between companies happen all the time, as long as it's not about a sony game or a sony hardware there's no reason for them to pop up anywhere at e3.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Maybe we get a State of Play close to E3, but Sony isn't going to be at E3, that's 100% accurate, don't expect them to appear in some random conference.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
who will find that interesting? partnerships between companies happen all the time, as long as it's not about a sony game or a sony hardware there's no reason for them to pop up anywhere at e3.

People have done a ton of stuff that was uninteresting on E3 stages.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Would it count if there's a rep there to talk about EA Access on PS4? That's not quite the territory of big reveals, but they'd be there

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
It's always possible, but it's extremely unlikely. If they thought they had something important to communicate, they would have their own event.

Oct 27, 2017
No, they're not there this year. They're saving all of their marketing for a massive blowout leading up to the PS5 next year.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I think they will have some announcements during e3 rather than an actual conference or stream to keep themselves in the discussions.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Sony will most likely appear in PC Gaming Show sponsored by Epic.
Since Detroit is already coming to EGS, I fully expect Bloodborne, Death Stranding and God of War to be announced for EGS.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
By virtue of PS4 having platform (timed or otherwise) exclusive 3rd-party games like Babylon's Fall or FF7R show at a show? Yeah.

Anything else though? Nah.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
.... but would be far more hilarious would be if Sony had a person like Shawn Layden come out to speak at Microsoft's event. A week ago the possibility of showing up at the Microsoft event would have been pure fantasy, but now Sony and Microsoft have a partnership regarding cloud technology so that possibility has taken one small step forward towards the realm of possibility.
Had that idea as well. They show up on the Xbox stage.
I think Sony will be on MS stage this year, talking about their joint partnership
Some people are still making more out of this deal even though it got explained multiple times. Two big corporations sharing tech.
That's about it. It doesn't mean PS and Xbox are sharing games, visiting each others gaming conferences. It's Sony using MS cloud and AI tech instead of Amazon's cloud and Microsoft using Sony's cutting-edge image sensor tech. Both are improving their own stuff.... for their own suff.
Yeah, like how Microsoft showed up on Sony's Conference when they adopted Blu-Ray or how Apple announces their iPhones on Samsung events.

These partnerships are made all the time. Stop pretending big corporations are big buds when something like this happens, please.
I know right