• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Nintendo should name its next console "Switch 2"?

• yes

Votes: 337 35.0%
  • no

Votes: 627 65.0%

• Total voters

edwardvh

Dec 11, 2018
After the wii u fiasco they made a good name again and just puting a 2 after switch makes clear everything that was not clear for many people with wii u.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
on the one hand, switch 2 is boring and lame

on the other hand, there's maybe a 50% possibility that if they don't go with something as obvious and clear as switch 2 they'll come up with something incredibly stupid that hurts their sales

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
switcheroo

giphy.gif
What a copy cat.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Super for a midgen upgrades, numerals for next gen. Switch, Super Switch, Switch 2, Super Switch 2, etc. At least until it reaches Super Switch God.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Im sure it'll be called Switch+ or Switch "Letter" or something. God I hope they don't go with the 90's cheese of "Super" or the bonkers idea that was "New".

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
YES.

OR something that very easily conveys it is a Switch 2. No fucking around. Don't fuck me on this.

I don't want anything else! I want more Switch.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Are people trolling the poll? Why are there so many "no" votes?

Switch 2 is the great choice - especially if they plan on iterating on the product. They can drop the Switch + number convention when it stops being a Switch, but until then they best not put pointlessly ambiguous bullshit like X, S, U, "New", Advance, Super etc on it.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they'll stick with the Switch for a long time and then they could adopt the cellphone model of just releasing a partial upgrade ever so often and call it like Switch S or Switch XLLLL or w/e the fuck but this time actually making significant console changes.

That said they are gunna call it The Switcher 2.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Switch Plus, Super Switch, All New Switch.... All terrible names, at least the Switch 2 will let people know exactly what it is. But Nintendo could change the form factor entirely which would mean an entirely new name.