• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
One would hope, right? At minimum they must get a discount of some kind.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
They do.

Edit: Quite a lot do. They get Office, too.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yeah bro, I've been getting it forever!

Source: None

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
of course, and if they dont im sure they use test accounts or make themselves a free test account. i did this at my old job years ago when we launched a video service, and my login still works.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I was an SCEE employee during 8 years, only 2 years they gave a PS+ 12 months code to use.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They do, they also get heavy rebates on everything else, I think they can buy the Elite controller v2 for something like 90$

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
A bit off topic, but I did an onsite playtest for Microsoft once. Aside from the $, they gave us the ability for a (IIRC) one time purchase from their online employee store. Was a lot of heavily discounted games, MS hardware/software/merch/services.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
I work in advertising, XBox was one of our clients and we got Gamepass for our game room XBox One for free. Guess you get it for free if you directly work for them.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I'm just gonna jump in here and say yeah no, we don't. Maybe xbox guys do, but the rest of us don't afaik.

Edit: okay, we do. Just, not advertised where/how

Last edited:

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'd imagine they get some discounts. Free though? Maybe the Xbox group.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
My friend only got 6 months of game pass ultimate last year when they announced it at E3. Otherwise, all software, subscriptions, and accessories are 50% off. Hardware is 10% off.

Nov 28, 2017
50% off on codes (Xbox LIVE GOLD and Gamepass, not currency)

If you're in the hardware team that makes a SKU or a revision, the hardware is given to you for free, with a seal "I MADE THIS!" printed on the hardware.

Physical discs, get around 30% discount, even more for digital.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
God, I hope so. If anything, it's the easiest way to generate organic word of mouth from employees to their friends & family.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I think it's a special online store they use company-wide that they can log in and get software/hardware at discounts.

A "Microsoft Store" specifically for employees.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I have not paid for Xbox live or ultimate game pass in like 7 years. I don't work for Xbox, but at their parties at E3 and random LA events they give it out like candy with every gift bag.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
They regularly get codes from MS for it.
They also get good staff discounts.

It's how they bump up the numbers for game pass
/s

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt all Xbox employees get a free console as well?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
They used to give 1 year free gold every year for their retail scheme to retailers. Although this seems to have died now.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I remember at THQ, I had coworkers who regularly would order the max allowed of games from the company catalog, at like $5 a pop, and then on release day walk over to the GameStop in our complex and trade them all in for a bunch of cash.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Did you get any discounts though?
Yes, we did have I think it was 35% discount on the games and consoles, well actually any Sony product.

In regards to the PS3, Vita and PS4 launches they did not give this discount, I believe it was somewhere around 10%, a little less. Only like a year later or so, they allowed the 35% discount on the consoles.