• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's never been safe to get a haircut. One sneeze and BAM! heads rolling on the floor.

Happens every day.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I know you were coughing because of the hair but that would freak me out if I were waiting and next in line and saw that...

Oh trust me, I get it. I'm lightly asthmatic and allergic to pollen and when I'm outside and I'm about to have a coughing or sneezing fit I panic because I don't want to freak people out. I was doing everything I could not to be coughing everywhere.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a haircut 3 weeks ago and lived. You'll be fine...

Always comforting when random nobodys on the Internet ensure your safety based on their single anecdote. What exactly are you offering if in fact they end up "not fine"?

Get a family member/roommate to cut it, cut it yourself, or just skip it completely. Haircuts are not essential.

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a few days ago and it went well. I would call in advanced and ask what safety precautions they are taking first

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a set of clippers online and my fiance has been giving me great haircuts with no prior experience every 3 weeks since this all started. The money saved will add up and unless she refuses, I have no plans to go back to the barbershop. :)

Mar 3, 2019
We'll find out. Getting one in 3 hours. They require masks on the whole time. Curious how they are going to do the fade with a mask on tho

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Sure, I don't see why not. I got one last week. You weren't allowed into the shop without a mask and it was working out well.

jp319

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this. Nothing has changed. They may have some precautionary measures in place but the bottom line is you're going to have someone right in your face for twenty minutes, right after they've had a succession of other random people in their face. Even if you're first in line that day, what about their exposure in the days before?

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Got my hair and beard cut over weekend. they wore a mask and I felt pretty safe. Use your own judgement on it.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
You can hold your mask over your face while they cut around your sides , ears and back, then put it back on when they do the top and bangs.

And everyone working in the shop or salon should be wearing a mask the whole time.

It's not hard.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
You can hold your mask over your face while they cut around your sides , ears and back, then put it back on when they do the top and bangs.

And everyone working in the shop or salon should be wearing a mask the whole time.

It's not hard.

Do they change masks with every customer (is that a mandate, or does that even matter)?

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
I just cut my own though to be honest I just use hair clippers and shave it off as I don't really have that much hair left.

I probably would not risk going to a hairdressers / barbers just yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a fairly isolated city that's eased restrictions up almost entirely. Was out at the bars on Friday and the protest on Sunday (nobody wore masks at the bar, everyone at the protest had one).

I don't see a haircut being any more dangerous than either of those.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Nah.

I'm gonna wait until a vaccine is available. For now, I'm just gonna let it grow and if possible, just twist and dread it out.

Haircut aint worth my life.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
What's changed that makes this safer now than it was a week or a month ago? All you need to ask. If you buzz it, by the time it gets long enough to be annoying, there might be a vaccine. If there isn't, rinse and repeat. There has never been a better time to look like shit.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Found a place that's open and they only let people in 1 at a time, and only those who have made appointments. At this point my hair is impacting my sleep and it's only going to get worse now that summer is finally here, so I'm making an appointment this or next weekend.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my hair is getting out of control and I still don't feel comfortable going out to get a haircut. Just saw in CA barbers, gyms etc are opening back up and it still seems too early. One part of me wants to go the other says nah this isn't worth it. Though I imagine anything outside of essential activities is going to be a risk.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I took an appointment to take an hair cut. I am in a region in QC, Canada. And we had "less than 5 cases" in our MRC for the whole pandemic so far. Usually, my hairdresser used to have its shop with no appointment before the pandemic. And, they decided to go with appointment starting June 1st. I'm going to show up on time and everything's going to be alright. If I were living in Montreal, for one, they're not opened just yet, and two, I'd have a reason to be scared because it's the epicenter in Canada.

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
idk where you live op. That's probably the most important aspect.
Almost everyone that i know went to a barber in the last 3 weeks but myself (i cut it at home 2 months ago).

Oct 25, 2017
All these places take your temp before they let you in (barber, dentist etc) but shouldn't they also take their own temp to prove to you they are safe?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My Dad cut my hair the other day. I was looking like Mowgli from Jungle Book but now I look fresh af tbh.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm not going to get haircuts for a while. Just letting my wife cut my hair. I don't care if it looks bad. Not getting my dog groomed either, gonna do it myself.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to go back to work soon, and I'm going to be too hot with the mask and the mullet. I really want a haircut, but I might just shave it. Once I get to work I'm almost certainly going to get Covid-19 anyway though.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is not. You will always be at risk. The chances are low that you will get anything, but they will always be there.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I got one one last week. My place is only putting customers in every other chair, everyone has to wear a mask and the women who work there also have a face guard. I normally get my hair cut every 2 weeks and this had been 3 months lol. Felt like a changed man.