• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
I got it almost three years ago (I used to work there actually lol) and got a 3 year warranty on my OLED. It just now started to screw up and I'm hoping I can get a brand new TV for free before the company completely shuts down.

It's like a race against the clock seeing if I can get my payout before the debt collectors come for the board of directors one final time. I feel bad for the poor fuck at the store I asked my warranty questions to because giving away a free TV at this time is really a jab in the side of an already dying man. I asked if any of the local stores had OLED TV's in stock and he said no only for me to walk 10 feet away and find them standing in the middle of the floor new in a box lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I got it almost three years ago (I used to work there actually lol) and got a 3 year warranty on my OLED. It just now started to screw up and I'm hoping I can get a brand new TV for free before the company completely shuts down.

It's like a race against the clock seeing if I can get my payout before the debt collectors come for the board of directors one final time. I feel bad for the poor fuck at the store I asked my warranty questions to because giving away a free TV at this time is really a jab in the side of an already dying man. I asked if any of the local stores had OLED TV's in stock and he said no only for me to walk 10 feet away and find them standing in the middle of the floor new in a box lmao.

Are you asking someone to buy your script? Cause I wanna see this movie.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
feel no pain, consumer. warranties are part of the business and you're already paid in, so it's completely their responsibility to take care of you.
after all, they enjoyed your money 3 years ago, you should be able to enjoy a working product today.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

See who actually services the insurance sometimes it's a 3rd party

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Just ask them if you can exchange and bring the receipt with the warranty, lol. If they aren't able to they will point you to whoever fulfills the warranty.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Just ask them if you can exchange and bring the receipt with the warranty, lol. If they aren't able to they will point you to whoever fulfills the warranty.

The last time I was in a Fry's (a few weeks ago) - they had no name brand TVs of any kind at all - just weird knock-off ones. I don't think exchanging will be an option. Someone there (assuming you can find an employee) can probably point you in the right direction though.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
The last time I was in a Fry's (a few weeks ago) - they had no name brand TVs of any kind at all - just weird knock-off ones. I don't think exchanging will be an option. Someone there (assuming you can find an employee) can probably point you in the right direction though.
To be fair, any time I've had a warranty fulfilled at a store it hasn't really been an actual exchange in-store. I've always had to bring in the TV and get a new one delivered, so I assumed this would be the same.