• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Like that SUV with the incorporated mascots. The idea is really interesting to me, it could replace the standard infotainment display or be centered on the gauge cluster. I look at current heads up display tech and this is the direction I see it going. There's a lot of possibility incorporating the tech into the car, like using it for A pillar visibilty or AR tech.

Oct 31, 2017
Its+a+cosplay+of+dr+krieger+and+his+virtual+girlfriend+_f618ccc78fbef5f25d47794601db15b6.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The tech looks cool, but putting an animated figure on the dash seems like a fantastic way to distract drivers into car accidents. It might be cool in the passenger or back seats, though. Any use of it for the driver would have to be super measured, like only popping up when the car is stopped.

I once had a car that had glowy lights on the dash that changed color depending on my gas mileage, and I quickly turned that shit off before it got me killed.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Holographic displays? Sure. One day. Little digital buddies in your car like the ones you linked to? Probably not. Seems like it would be pretty distracting to the driver. It would be safer if that buddy was a disembodied voice.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HUD's are already a thing and work by beaming a projection onto the windshield. I believe that tech will evolve into something in a similar vein to holograms, but probably not exactly. I can see a future of self-driving vehicles with augmented/AR enabled windows for passengers.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
HUD's are already a thing and work by beaming a projection onto the windshield. I believe that tech will evolve into something in a similar vein to holograms, but probably not exactly.

Yup, Mazdas have had it for a while and I think the new Ford Escape does too.

First time I saw it being used was in a Corvette, blew my mind when I turned the ignition on lol