• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much do you want to see Goten and Trunks aged up?

• I really want to see this happen - I think these characters have a lot of potential

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • I'm indifferent - I don't like or dislike these characters and I think it could go either way

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I don't think these characters will ever come into their own with how Super is being written

Votes: 28 46.7%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've seriously been waiting for this to happen since I saw the Z epilogue so many years ago...

Screenshot_2018-08-16-12-12-01-1.png

eb51968f85e19d6b2f20a225557d353d.jpg

Everyone is always talking about how Kid Trunks is so much "worse" or less cool than Future Trunks, and, well, when you only have his kid self and his (thankfully non-canon) GT incarnation, it's easy to see why. But when we see him at the end of Z, he seems to have mellowed out a bit from his bratty kid days, even if he's a bit goofier and more arrogant than his future counterpart.

latest

Goten looks like he's finally coming into his own, too, training with Goku on a regular basis and developing unique personality traits outside of being "Trunks' friend," such as being concerned about women and going on dates in addition to being a fighter like his father. With how they've been developing him as Goku's favorite son in Super, I think he has potential to become a unique and interesting character once he's older, and no longer just the tagalong younger friend of Present Trunks.

captura-de-pantalla-2012-09-08-a-las.png

What do you think? Do you think they can become interesting characters once they're older, or will they stay comic relief/background characters forever? They've obviously retained a bit of their goofiness as teens/adults, but I also think they can be some of the best characters and fighters on the show if they're written right.

5e4ed972befeb46a4df1c409c1c498cf.gif

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Should kill both off and bring back Future Trunks permanently. He deserves better than what happened in the Black saga.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The dream would be for these four, along with Maron and Uub to go off on an adventure exploring other universes, far away from Goku and the Gods. That will never happen because Goku will always be the main character.

Yeah... would be fun to see a series not connected to all the current Goku nonsense and interesting story lines.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Trunks can. Goten is likely tougher to make "cool" because he's essentially competing with Gohan for legacy of Goku, but it's likely also very doable.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think they aren't aging them exactly because they don't want to give them any focus. If they were older it'd be even harder to justify excluding them for the fighter line ups like in RoF, the ToP or the manga's Moro arc. So, considering that, I don't think they will be much better off when they're forced to age them. It just will be even more obvious how they're trying to forcefully sideline them even compared to other secondary characters.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Tbh I can't see it happening even though I want it to, I see them at best becoming their own equivalents to Great Saiyaman

Plus with how much the focus is only ever on Goku there just isn't time to even try and do anything for more then a filler episode.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Look how Gohan turned out whenever it was even hinted that the focus would shift to him.

Goten stands no chance to grow into his own. Any chance will be beaten down by Goku himself to maintain his main character status.

Trunks at least has a chance, since from a show writing standpoint they have blueprints to fallback on. (Even if technically Future is a different character and GT is non-canon, they can still pick and choose the good from both) Plus Vegeta actually has grown enough as a character to actually have pride in his family now and seems to give more of a shit about his legacy. So I can see him actually working to help Trunks.

Only way Goten is going to have that is if Piccolo decides to adopt him.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I hated GT, but GT Trunks is the best incarnation of the character, fight me.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yup. Goteo should become Mr. Satan's successor and Trunks should... find a hobby, I don't know.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Young Trunks/GT Trunks is too spoiled and cocky due to having everything he ever wanted, and Goten doesn't have enough of a personality aside from being raised by his brother. The only cool thing is that they both love to fight for fun.

Their teen years(if re-done in Super) would make for an interesting arc but the entire older main cast would have to be off planet for it to work.

I hated GT, but GT Trunks is the best incarnation of the character, fight me.

Time Patrol Trunks is the best mixture of future trunks' serious personality with the lighthearted spirit of young trunks. GT Trunks by himself is too spoiled.