• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Endgame better than The Dark Knight?

• Yes

Votes: 586 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 1,239 67.9%

• Total voters

SamWilson

Alt account
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Endgame isn't even remotely the best MCU movie, let alone best comic book movie.

I don't even know if it'd give that title to Dark Knight.

It's a tossup including X-Men 2, Civil War, and Watchmen.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Endgame didn't even dethrone Infinity War or the first Avengers for me. It was still a solid conclusion to a decade of MCU movies, though.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I don't even think it's the best Avengers or MCU movie.

And The Dark Knight wasn't really a superhero movie in my view. It was a crime thriller with face painted villain and a masked hero.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman
3. Into The Spiderverse
4. Spiderman 2
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman Returns
7. Guardians Of The Galaxy
8. Logan
9. Watchmen
10. Days Of Future Past

Not even in the Top 10, boy.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Guardians of the Galaxy dethroned TDK a long time ago.

And then Infinity War, Spiderverse and Endgame dethroned that....

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Knight movies are overrated. Joker was the best part of a mediocre movie.

The best Batman movie is Batman.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Guardian 1.

Endgame's story is disjointed and sloppy. Thematic wise decent.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Dark Knight is a Christopher Nolan film, and all Nolan films are a sleight-of-hand - a magician's trick. What I mean is, the plot of a Nolan film is totally nonsensical when analyzed, but in the moment when you're watching it the plot is told in such a way that you believe it makes perfect sense, but that you're simply not smart enough to grasp it. So you leave the theater totally amazed by its genius but then it falls apart soon after. Now I'm not saying Nolan doesn't have talent, pulling that off takes skill and I left The Dark Knight midnight screening completely blown away. I caught on to his con though after Inception and Interstellar. TDK's plot makes no sense and is such a slog outside of the Joker's scenes that it becomes an endurance test.

Endgame... ugh. Infinity War was so awesome with its whodunit mystery aspect, and I don't think Endgame took good advantage of one of the best setups ever. It had many moments of brilliance for sure though.

The movie should have featured the Thanos we knew from Infinity War, the mourning, empathetic Thanos desperately defending his legacy against the Avengers. Instead we got a different Thanos - not much more than a camero - that lacked the previous one's experiences and was turned into more of a generic bad guy out to destroy the universe. The time travel arc turned into a clip show as someone earlier stated, and created alternate timeline/reality messes that we'll never hear the end of. I would have been okay with some type of time manipulation if it had been limited to Dr. Strange sending the time stone into the future from when he was on Titan and future Tony used the stone in one, clean instance that gave the Avengers the opening they needed.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Also, with all this talk of which superhero films are the greatest, it's shameful how little Richard Donner's Superman has been mentioned. Props to the few people who've brought it up.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird to evaluate this movie.
Like, as a movie, an isolated thing, if somehow is even possible to talk in those terms, Infinity War is better imo.
But when you factor that it is the conclusion of a ten year saga of multiple interconected franchises, you literally can't compare it to anything. It is too unique and weird to compare it to tdk or anything else.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Pick the better actor of these two:

Hugh Jackman
Tobey Maguire

(Logan turds on raimi spidey)

(( it's not a thing you have a choice to debate about, it's a thing that's already happened))

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
As many have already said, Endgame isn't better than Infinity War so ofcourse not lol

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Avengers: Endgame is the best super hero film of all time. In terms of how much it had to live up to and the fact that it delivered and then some, it is truly special.

The Dark Knight is just an amazing film, period. Endgame is the best super hero flick, while The Dark Knight is one of the greatest films of all time (even tho Chris Nolan, for some reason, can't seem to figure out fight scenes or 'collision' - go back and watch the opening scene of the film when the bus 'hits' the bank robber or any fight scene in his trilogy. that is the only glaring flaw. oh and that stupid deep gruff batman voice. yeah, it makes sense why he does it, but it still is cringe-worthy.)

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not super big on TDK. Ledger's performance literally carried that film. I think the first Avengers movie is still the best comic book movie.

Jan 10, 2018
Also, with all this talk of which superhero films are the greatest, it's shameful how little Richard Donner's Superman has been mentioned. Props to the few people who've brought it up.

Talking about overlooked superhero movies

220px-The_Matrix_Poster.jpg

There is still none better and probably never will be

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Haha.. hell no
The Dark Knight works as a standalone movie, it works even as a detective crime thriller, has better story, better dialog, the best villain in any comicbook movie and one of the most memorable villains in movie history, cinematography is great, apart from Batman's voice all the acting is fantastic, etc.. it's a movie that people who aren't into comicbook movies can enjoy

Endgame doesn't work as a standalone movie and it's pretty much made for comicbook movies fans

Nov 1, 2017
Not that big of a fan of The Dark Knight in the first place but at least it doesn't require me to have seen 21 other movies to make sense of.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Knight is riveting from beginning to end. Endgame has a good third act but I was checking my watch throughout both times I saw it.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not even close. Endgame is cool, but overall pretty shallow entertainment. TDK has more complexity and substance to it, as well as gravitas.

Rose Red

Oct 26, 2017
These Batman films always felt like they were embarrassed of being thought as superhero movies, plus they were kinda dull.

Logan is probably the best superhero movie anyway.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, I liked Infinity War better overall, and even then I dont consider in the same league as The Dark Knight.

My top superhero films are (in no real order)
  • Spiderman 2
  • The Dark Knight
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1&2
  • Spiderman Into the Spiderverse

I think endgame is solid enough, but it's a little overly stuffed with needless stuff to me and they made the main villain weaker than he was in the previous film (as a character).

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
TDK is a great movie that happens to be a comic book one.
Endgame is a great comic book movie.
Spider-Verse is a great movie that is also a great comic book movie.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clearly Into the Spider-Verse for me. It's an unbelievable film on literally every level.

Second favorite? The original Incredibles.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. Endgame's success comes more from what it is than how good of a movie it is. TDK is very solid simply as a film.

Incredibles is better than both

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, no! Doesn't come anywhere near it.

It's a good MCU film but pales in comparison to the brilliance of TDK. Story, pacing, music, acting were miles ahead.of anything from IW/EG.

Edit: Good to see Era agree.

Why Endgame and not Infinity War?

Who you apologizing to? Majority here seem to think Endgame wasn't better.

Lol, right? I was thinking the same.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
The Dark Knight wasn't the top comic book movie to begin with though. Endgame just knocked it further down the rankings whilst also taking the top spot.

Aug 3, 2018
Dark Knight is the only comic book film I've seen in the theater where the crowd was absolutely silent from start to finish. People were so blown away by what was on the screen they couldn't even react...