• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Days Gone continues the streak?

• Yes, on the higher end (89 or above)

• Yes, smack dab in the middle (84-88)

• Yes, on the lower end (83 or below)

• No (Less than 75)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i expect it to be under 80, but still do very well commercially (5M+), specially considering team size and pedigree, with the team being about 130 people and this being their first AAA HD console game.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be a solid but not ground breaking affair - definately in the low 80's range. There's just nothing about the game that interests me at the moment.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a freaking crime that Uncharted The Lost Legacy is 84 MC and Uncharted 4 is 93 MC. Pretty ridiculous since TLL is as good or even better than UC4.

I am aware it was reviewed as an expansion but still... I am mad.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I disagree with that list as being completely full of "hits" (I wouldn't have Detroit uttered in the same breathe as GoW for example, even if Detroit sold well for what it was). Also it's cherry picked, where's Knack 2, Everybody's Golf, all the VR games other than Astrobot?

Regarding Days Gone, it looks like it will be a polished game so I can see it sitting in the 80's somewhere and it should sell quite well with a good marketing push.
I think He is referring to AAA games I don't think Knack or Everybody golf are AAA neither is Astrobot. The only AAA that score low recently was GTSport.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think He is referring to AAA games I don't think Knack or Everybody golf are AAA neither is Astrobot. The only AAA that score low recently was GTSport.

I wouldn't call Detroit AAA either and then you have the SotC remake which isn't AAA and also the Uncharted standalone expac which again isn't AAA and the fact that he mentioned Astrobot and you are saying that it isn't AAA kinda dismisses your theory. He cherry picked the games and it's fine but he shouldn't have put "streak" in the title of the thread. Sony has had some amazing 1st party games recently, that I certainly agree with though.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call Detroit AAA either and then you have the SotC remake which isn't AAA and also the Uncharted standalone expac which again isn't AAA and the fact that he mentioned Astrobot and you are saying that it isn't AAA kinda dismisses your theory. He cherry picked the games and it's fine but he shouldn't have put "streak" in the title of the thread. Sony has had some amazing 1st party games recently, that I certainly agree with though.
yeah i don't think "streak" makes too much sense here. if it's about full price new AAA games, then sony for sure has put some amazing games in the last few years without any major flops but if we go into the AA/expansion/$40 category then you have to pick and choose the games you include with the first group to keep the streak.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yes, it's a good game. It's not going to be a GOTY candidate or anything like that, but it's going to be generally well received.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I remember saying in a previous thread that this didn't look too great. Not bad, but not great.

Of course I got shit on, lol. "So many postivie impressins from Pax!!!11"

Yeah, like that shit ain't cherry picked at all. It was an IGN video BROUGHT TO YOU BY Days Gone, lol.

It'll be ok. It honestly looks like a 70's meta game. 77-79. Don't think it'll crack 80.
None of this means you are right or validated. There were many positive impressions from PAX, just like there are many positive impressions from this preview event. Are you aware that people talking about PAX impressions are also looking at things tweeted out of the place and not just an IGN-sponsored video like you're pretending the only optimism for the game came from?

What do you think is going to happen if the game scores above 80, at like 82 or 83 or 85? Do you see it suddenly going from an "ok" game to a "great" one, if it's 80? Going off the previews, it's sounding like a low-to-mid 80s.

Yes, it's a good game. It's not going to be a GOTY candidate or anything like that, but it's going to be generally well received.
If it can hit the quality of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (an 84), I think Bend will have done amazingly well for their status. Also saying that, The Lost Legacy is an incredible game to me, better than Uncharted 4 in a lot of ways, but it only scored an 84.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a high 70s, low 80s game.

Also, just realized Lost Legacy is underrated. Seriously a fantastic expansion on Uncharted 4.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I think it will be another highly polished game from SWW studios.
I'm guessing the press will hit it for not reinventing the open world genre,but whatever.
I couldn't care less what it scores on metacritic,I'll be getting the game.

Noob

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will get at least 75. So probably 80-85. Useless 6 hrs of cut scenes.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
82. Though I don't really think too much of the score it'll get, the previews are good and I'll read the reviews when they come to have a better idea, for now I'm sure I'll be getting it. I also believe it'll be a success and sell fairly well, not on par with UC4/TLoU/GoW/Spidey, but still very well.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Good presentation and average gameplay will get it in the high 70's. I think it does that easily. I think it settles in nicely in the 80-83 range.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly it looks like and feels like yet another zombie game and all trailers so far have been uninteresting.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, because that's what it is. Another/new zombie game ;)
So I wasn't the one you blocked! Whew ;P

yeah i don't think "streak" makes too much sense here. if it's about full price new AAA games, then sony for sure has put some amazing games in the last few years without any major flops but if we go into the AA/expansion/$40 category then you have to pick and choose the games you include with the first group to keep the streak.
In my defense I am only referencing the major releases from them. I agree that things like Bravo Team and Inpatient have been pretty crappy, but I don't hold that against them just like I wouldn't hold Mario Sports on 3DS against Nintendo's overall output.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
In my defense I am only referencing the major releases from them. I agree that things like Bravo Team and Inpatient have been pretty crappy, but I don't hold that against them just like I wouldn't hold Mario Sports on 3DS against Nintendo's overall output.

A few of them in your list I wouldn't call "major releases" though, you also missed off GT Sport if you are going for major releases.

Anyway it's just a minor nitpick, don't mind me.

Nov 30, 2017
It looks to be picking up some steam with interest.

I dont think im picking it up but good luck to Sony Bend. Its new and unknown so it has yo be really great to have success like HZD.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
This game is gonna review poorly based on everything I've seen of the game.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I think it will get at least 75. So probably 80-85. Useless 6 hrs of cut scenes.
WE GET IT

Gameplay > 6 hours of cut scenes lmao
So the 6 hours of cut scenes just killed this game.
Nah... If you think a 6hr long cut scenes in a 30 hr long game is fine, gaming isn't for you. You are better off watching a TV drama. For real lol.
True gamers play with the controllers, not just sit there and watch cut scenes all night long lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.