• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
With Control and Hitman 3 coming to Switch via cloud streaming, do you think the game will come to Switch via cloud streaming?

Obviously let the dev's rest and the game actually be finished but do you think this could happen? Or would it make sense for an actual port to Switch 2 in the future?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I could 100% see it happening by next year. As long as Control and Hitman 3 don't flop I don't see why any publisher wouldn't opt to stream their games to a 60 million+ audience

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is possible. They did it for Witcher 3, but it was an older game. I think right now though they are focusing on the next gen versions first.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I would never pay money for a cloud based game that I have to sit in a queue to play, but I feel if games like Control see enough sales, you're going to see a ton of 3rd party current and next gen titles go this route, including CP2077.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
100 percent. It will be a cloud version, though.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know about cyberpunk but it would not surprise me if both Control and Hitman show up as Switch Plus/Pro launch titles (not cloud)

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it would be leaving money on the table if they didn't, that is a very cool alternative when the port isn't feasible.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
That would be great. I guess we could see something next year if the switch 2 is still years away.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it, cloud games are available only for select locations and Cyberpunk is a huge game, could sell over a million as a native port. Not for Switch but it's a good candidate for Switch 2 launch game.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With how some games run on switch I think third party devs from now on should just do cloud version games for switch.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I think if the games run well enough, then companies should be trying to have as many games with cloud versions as they can

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Lets see if the game runs on XBO first.

And yes, I know it will run. Im just curious how well.

Whoops, misread.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Quite likely but in the end it depends on how the audience reacts to the Cloud versions and the sales.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
This only works for countries with good internet structure , so it is worse than those streaming services that has much better coverage, this kind of game releasing would never catch up. The world is not 2-3 countries.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any game they can get running on the Switch via streaming is worth trying, I s'pose, especially if the Switch can't play it itself. There's a real potential niche there, with the console being handheld an' all. I'd imagine, in some places, the public WiFi is good enough to actually stream games to your Switch while you're grabbing lunch or something.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it, cloud games are available only for select locations and Cyberpunk is a huge game, could sell over a million as a native port. Not for Switch but it's a good candidate for Switch 2 launch game.

It could be a Switch 2/pro game natively and a Switch 1 game on the cloud. That's what a lot of people are speculating about regarding these cloud games.

This only works for countries with good internet structure , so it is worse than those streaming services that has much better coverage, this kind of game releasing would never catch up. The world is not 2-3 countries.

A ton of people on Era from a number of different regions and countries have tried the Control trial on Switch and say it works surprisingly well.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Given that some of CDPR were polish DRM crackers, I think they would prefer to just have the game playable on the Switch natively over a limited timespan for an cloud version.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
We have Control with raytracing on Switch. The sky is the limit. Cyberpunk, GTA, RE, etc. sure to follow imo.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you asked this yeasterday I would have thought it's a joke, but now it's possible I guess. Depends on how well the cloud games that are there now end up performing too I guess

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It's going to depend a lot on how Control and Hitman handle on Switch, plus if they bring over games like Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil 7 from Japan. The big problem with it is that it will only really work for people who have Switch as their only console, those with PS/Xbox aren't going to want to resort to streaming when they have consoles that will play it natively, and the need for a persistent Wi-Fi connection rules out a lot of the circumstances for portable play (and then they could still play the game via Remote Play or XCloud).