• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
It will 100% delay and also supply constrain next generation launches. I also suspect as more people stay home, more people will be buying games on systems they already own, reducing the need for new hardware.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
I was wrong about E3 not getting canceled (though it was more like "I hope it won't get canceled") so I better should not do any predictions based on the gaming landscape now

OP
OP
Dust

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Even my expectations got kinda surpassed, everything seems to be just going full shutdown mode.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
That first page. Nothing like being wrong and being a dick about it because you're so confident you're right

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yo this entire thread is a trip, gotta love that nonchalant "it doesn't affect me so it might as well not exist" smug attitude some of you got going on knowing full well that over 90% of console hardware is manufactered in China.

EFbkSYxUEAASfez.jpg

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
that first page, wow

even now we're sadly only at the beginning of all of this

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
Hopefully more focus on better netcode and less on real life tournaments, but I'm doubtful.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I think consoles, new gpus will be delayed to next year.

Corona virus will bring a recession, for at least 2 quarters... supply chain is broken and will stay like that for a few months...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Not gonna blame them tbh. This shit escalated beyond what most of us thought.

The writing was definitely on the wall, but it's true that the issue is that media loves to go full on nuclear every time there's a new potential contagious (or even non-contagious!) disease, so to an extent it's a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" situation. There were signs that this was different from other such cases, but I guess it was easy to miss them if you didn't invest some time informing yourself.

Still, it's a bit infuriating to see the obvious Dunning-Kruger in people with obviously no clue what was going on being all smug with people actually informed about it. "Best to remain silent and be thought a fool..."

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
south korea is our best data source, and it puts it at .6%. still bad, about 20ish times worse than the flu, but its not Spanish flu ;levels. all said we are for sure going in to global ressesion.
That value can spike very easily depending on containment levels. If the health care system can't keep up, it will be significantly higher because people who would've survived won't get the necessary treatment. Even more disturbing is that it leads to any other life threatening illnesses not getting the required treatment because the hospitals will be over capacity. This is Italy right now. I believe ambulances that used to respond within 8 minutes in Lombardy now take over an hour.

Also consider that about half of the US population is in the higher risk group.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'll be honest, I thought it might be bad not this bad. I just hope everyone is ok. I do think the new consoles have a good shot of being delayed to next year.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Not gonna blame them tbh. This shit escalated beyond what most of us thought.
They still ignored an industry developer stating outsourced studios had already been closed in favour of their hot takes complaining about the media and "it's just a flu".

On the topic, I really wonder how RE3 and TLOU2 are supposed to be marketed in the current landscape.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I mean do we need make "haha look how wrong you were posts?" over a month later?
I mean in this case this shows that people should think better about these types of things instead of going "lol no" also this thread is a month old and pretty relevant so there wouldn't be a problem with bumping it

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They still ignored an industry developer stating outsourced studios had already been closed in favour of their hot takes complaining about the media and "it's just a flu".

On the topic, I really wonder how RE3 and TLOU2 are supposed to be marketed in the current landscape.
RE3 isn't an issue. The game is mostly about running away from a tyrant monster.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It's not getting delayed, people alrrady have it preloaded.
Tlou2...idk, I don't think it would either, they are still putting up ellie editions more and more and it's in 2 months.

Yeah, the game is done. So delaying it wouldn't be about physical aspect, but because it might feel tasteless to release a game that deal with a outbreak in the current climate. But we're talking about zombies and monsters here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game is done. So delaying it wouldn't be about physical aspect, but because it might feel tasteless to release a game that deal with a outbreak in the current climate. But we're talking about zombies and monsters here.
Yea this isn't comparable to like the earthquake or something at all. If there was a game specifically about some kind of pandemic or something, then yea.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
It def is going to mess everything up. I know some people today who have posted that items they have worked on for 2+ years just got moved into 2021 cause now the game they were for is not coming this fall like intended due to the virus.

Artorias

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many posters in this thread are the "this is fine" meme personified and distilled into a person.

Often when you watch certain movies, you see people standing around saying everything is okay and nothing is wrong when things have clearly gone astray (especially true in horror movies). These actors often seem ridiculous and oblivious, so you tell yourself "oh c'mon who would be so naive in this situation?" ...but then one look at this thread makes it pretty obvious they do exist.

And there are a lot of them.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
The Corona virus will (and actually is) affect the economy and thus, video game industry. However, it could boost digital sales (sort of) since a lot of people will be quarantine before long.

Oct 27, 2017
It's not Ebola, it's not going to bring an end to large chunks of the population on earth. If you wanna get really freaked out you should look at the things in the past that have existed that absolutely can and did do that. Yes you should be safe, take precautions to stay healthy, but there's this weird fanaticism about this particular medical thing that just does not line up with reality.

Then again I post on a video game forum so what the fuck do I really know, you should probably ask a doctor or something.

Edit: /s for clarity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.