• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I been re-watching Naruto and maybe it's nostalgia but Boruto doesn't hold a candle to Naruto. I'm sorry I tried for the past 3 years but this ain't it chief. Them going full steam with Kaguya bullshit doesn't help. New Generation just doesn't have same on screen feel then then Konoha 11. I want some more Team 7! Best thing about Boruto has been the slice of life episodes.

Edit- Reboot isn't the right word, but re-doing some things like Super

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not. Naruto's kid seems to be doing pretty well for himself and didn't drop the ball(z) like Gohan did.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto is both doing fine and is actually a good show, and functions as the direct sequel to Naruto

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Naruto is still pretty great up until Shippuuden, there isn't really a need for a Kai or remake.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I imagine it will.

It's hard to recommend the series when you have to give people a chart of which episodes to watch to avoid them getting stuck in an arc where Naruto has to fart in a bush to lure out a special bug to give to someone.

Some of the filler is actually good but the vast majority of it is insultingly bad.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
You mean a Kai treatment? Then yes. If you mean a sequel which is exactly what Super is, not a reboot, then probably not. Even tho I'm sure there is years worth or stories between Boruto and Naruto.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
you mean a sequel like Super? if so, then no. (I guess Boruto is the sequel though)

if you mean something like db kai, then i can see it, sure.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Now you got me worried that we are going to get something absolutely fucking terrible like DragonBall GT in Naruto's future.

Even at its lowest points I don't think it has gotten that bad. I mostly stuck to manga format for Naruto though and dodged a lot of the filler anytime I did tune in to the anime.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Uhhh for base series? It'd say so lol. Kill all fillers, tighten up some episodes' pacing problems by combining them and I'd be all over that.

I guess my memory is a little foggy on the fillers then, I don't remember them being that bad. Shippuuden was though, if you Kai that part of the show, it would be a very short second part because a lot of it was so dragged out, fillers episodes, flash backs within episodes, flash backs within flashbacks, episodes had like 2 minutes of actual content in them it felt like. And even the story it self dragged on too long with the whole Ninja War and the boring Kaguya gods characters.

Isn't there a ton of filler?

A bunch, If you feel like Watching it all I suggest hitting up https://www.animefillerlist.com/ and watch the episodes not labeled filler.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It's been pointed out but super isn't a reboot. It's a continuation. So yes I think they'll keep making Dragon Ball series continuing the story or doing something different like with GT. They'll keep milking Naruto the same way.

Naruto's world is so stupid though because it's technologically advanced yet still relies on obsolete methods of doing things sometimes. I hope they keep with the shinobi are a dying breed theme and carry it to its logical conclusion with a series starring Boruto's son as a salaryman.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The weird thing is, at least in the US funimation has packaged and repackaged Dragon Ball sets in like twenty different ways. Maybe it's still too early but I don't think Naruto even got a more condensed, less pricey release (same for Bleach and others).

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I tried rewatcing Naruto a while ago. It is bad man. The animation, direction, pacing. That show would benefit tremendously by doing a Hunter x Hunter style remake. I'm all for it.

OP
OP
rrc1594

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
It's been pointed out but super isn't a reboot. It's a continuation. So yes I think they'll keep making Dragon Ball series continuing the story or doing something different like with GT. They'll keep milking Naruto the same way.

Naruto's world is so stupid though because it's technologically advanced yet still relies on obsolete methods of doing things sometimes. I hope they keep with the shinobi are a dying breed theme and carry it to its logical conclusion with a series starring Boruto's son as a salaryman.

Yeah but the whole Shinobi are a dying breed doesn't make sense , if they are at the same time doubling down of the clan of Kaguya

Nov 17, 2017
Only if you ever considered GT canon. Which Toriyama, the original creator, as far as I know did not.
Oh I didn't know that. I guess that makes sense then.

Yeah but the whole Shinobi are a dying breed doesn't make sense , if they are at the same time doubling down of the clan of Kaguya
I don't see the connection. The Otsutsuki clan being a thing amounts to two guys showing up at least 15 years after Kaguya. They had Sasuke as the sole person investigating that threat. Meanwhile in that 15 year time span, all the main nations were at peace and friends with each other.

The whole history of the ninja village system was basically defined by war with other countries. It created and sustained the need for shinobi because they were basically always in conflict or war time. But with the relatively huge span of peace, it makes sense that shinobi are needed less especially with the rise of technology.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Only if you ever considered GT canon. Which Toriyama, the original creator, as far as I know did not.

Doesn't Super kind of mess with the last chapter of Dragon Ball as well? Maybe not directly but certainly introducing all these power levels and people and then having Goku be so excited to train Uub seems weired.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Super kind of mess with the last chapter of Dragon Ball as well? Maybe not directly but certainly introducing all these power levels and people and then having Goku be so excited to train Uub seems weired.

Kind of.

There are stuff that doesn't make much sense anymore. Though considering the last bit of DBZ wasn't all that well liked, I wouldn't be shocked if they used Dragon Ball Super to redo it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't watched Boruto in a while but the manga has really stepped up a notch.