• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you thank your Bus Drivers?!

• Yes

Votes: 811 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 134 12.0%
  • I drive the bus, so I thank myself!

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

Votes: 170 15.2%

• Total voters

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Article: https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/i-sat-london-bus-hour-22828959

It became painfully clear to me one day when, with friend's visiting from home, we got off the bus and they asked me why I hadn't thanked the driver.

I was taken aback. Why hadn't I thanked the bus driver?

"Well", I responded sheepishly, "people don't do that in London."

I know it's London-Specific, but i'm reaching out to all of Era here...Do you thank the Bus Drivers in your area?!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I feel like people do do that in London tho, maybe not a lot of people but enough that when i lived there I took notice and did it also

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
US here. Every time. It's a hard job and if they got you there safely you should thank them. I'd do that in trains too if given the opportunity

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say "cheers drive" and if they smile I pat them on the head. If they don't smile then they get a noogy

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I say thanks to the bus driver in the home counties, always have done although I've not been on a bus in two years now.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's the normal courtesy thing when exiting. No reason to go overboard, but it would be unusual to not give a thanks and a nod when I hop off.

Same as any other service employee, really.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Unless I go out the back door.

Not out of any particular super active gratitude I think, but rather that they deal with a lot of shitty people all day. More than the average bear, all while providing one of the best services out (in theory anyway)

Any little bit that helps them get along

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's a habit I picked up when in college. Feel a little smug when I'm a tourist but the only one saying merci or gratzi lol.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I tend to raise my hand in a salute of sorts as I get off the bus, but if I get off through the front door I might say thanks.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I used to pretty much always say goodbye and thanks, but haven't seen a bus from inside in a very very long time.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Every single time. They get you where you need to go, they do it safely... absolutely.

I definitely try to thank everyone - cashiers, ticket takers, custodians, wherever I cross over with someone.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I don't ride a bus but yes. I thank everyone who provides me with a service successfully. I thank the shuttle driver at the airport (that's like a bus?), I thank waiters, I thank cashiers, you name it I thank it.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I say "Hi" when I get in the bus, and say "Thanks" and/or "Have a good day/night" variationif I get out via the front.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've always said a quick cheers to them the same as I would a cashier or anyone else, never really thought about it

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
where I live you always enter the bus at the front and exit at the back. So you'd have to go really out of your way to thank them. But I always greet them when I get on.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Took a bus from my parents home to the train station back in the day almost every day and usually there were just 2 or 3 people on the bus, so I said "Hi" and "Bye" to the driver. Never "Thanks", tho.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I apologise to chairs if I walk into them, I literally have to stop myself from thanking everyone I interact with (which can be a problem if the interaction was bad).

So yeah I thank bus drivers.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If I get out the front yeah. Unless they were omega late, so in Ottawa I'm rarely thanking them.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
Most of the time, yes. I also happen to take the same local routes practically every day so am familiar with most drivers and some regular riders. I also live on a hyper-local route with lots of tight turns and awkward stops.