• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do you feel about meeting violence with violence

• Sometimes Violence only respects Violence

Votes: 94 64.4%
  • Violence is never the answer

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I know how most of ERA feels about guns, how do you feel about armed leftist groups as a visible show of force against armed alt-right groups (proud boys etc).

We had a trump/maga rally in Washington State Capitol, Olympia. You had The alt-right, counter-protestors and this third group armed with long guns, body armor and wearing pink bands/tape to differentiate themselves from the Trumpers. Four people was arrested and one counter protestor member was shot by a proud boy.

Where do you stand in meeting violence with violence?

b47814e7b61cdf022d91b5d9024f76e6f6042f84.jpg

Antifa

918fc3bf382c835a0ff3b289a5db94a635101e5c.jpg

Armed Leftists
b70296f3e3c37bb69e645a8d834130cf04689d78.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 'cause the only thing that'll make everything work out is adding more guns to the equation.

...yes that's sarcasm. šŸ˜¤

Feb 1, 2018
2A is for all citizens not just right wing psychos

And Im pretty sure theres lots of talk of being armed throughout marxism/leninism right so yeah this is good

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I attended a protest in Austin that ended in a shooting because of an overzealous leftist protester who was open carrying and had poor training.

I don't support it and I don't find it productive in the ways people want it to be. Don't @ me.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i support it. i don't support any going out with the intention of starting a confrontation so they can use the weapons like right wingers want to do. no reason why we should fear for our lives when out protesting.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Years ago, I might have said no. But these days it feels like the only way to disuade these fascists, is to have a large and forceful presence.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
In theory, I can see why it's necessary or even useful. In practice, especially in that second picture, it still looks like white people LARPing.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it actually has any beneficial effect at this point. All it does it cause more injury and violence.

If people feel they need to defend themselves that's one thing. Intentionally showing up like the right-wing fuck bags with weapons in an attempt to invite more violence is hardly a good thing.

Non lethals are a different story.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Having an equal show of force is good in my opinion. Right wingers want to kill people; but don't want the clap back and need to be reminded of the possibility.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Yeah, 'cause the only thing that'll make everything work out is adding more guns to the equation.

...yes that's sarcasm. šŸ˜¤

This is all very pithy and high-minded, but last I checked, adding more guns to the equation is the only thing that quelled the last Nazi outbreak. Violence, or at least the threat of it, is the only thing these shitheads respond to - they hate minorities, they want a world where those minorities live under their bootheels, and they will do anything to get there, including horrific violence. You can't shame them it of it or appeal to their better nature - except maybe with full-blown cult deprogramming but that's unlikely to happen before all Nazis are ejected from politics.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course these people shouldn't be bullied

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
I support liberal minded people being armed in the face of escalating militant fascism. I think it's short sighted to rest on the moral high ground when armed neo nazis threaten us or lust after civil war 2. At the very least people should take some sort of training to understand the weapon. We criticize police for their lack of training for non lethal force and deescalation. We should endeavor to educate ourselves on firearms so we don't become a nervous trigger finger.

Perfect world none of us would need to resort to it. I think we should give every chance for deescalation and dialog but there are some elements that refuse it.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
second amendment chuds shitting themselves at the existence of the SRA is priceless

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
thr second picture I believe is antifa wjtb non-lethal items.

3rd picture is the armed leftists
Yeah, I agree with the overall sentiment that you don't want to initiate, but you also don't want to be out-gunned if something breaks out. My biggest issue, however, is that open melees have serious potential to hurt people because folks simply aren't trained.

In that regard, mass deployment of non-lethal items makes more sense, maybe? Last thing you want is everyone opening fire, whether it's armed leftists or Proud Boys who bought their ammo from Walmart.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
if history has taught me anything violence or the threat of it is the only thing that really gets results

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like them making a display of it like the right wing, but the presence of people capable of and willing to meet force with force is a necessity.

Mekanos

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 17, 2018
As long as the second amendment stands I see no reason to let leftists be vulnerable to far right instigators. They shouldn't wave their guns around like cowboys but it is a valid form of self defense.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I support carrying for protection and that's it. Do not under any circumstance start any confrontations
This is basically my stance. There's no reason to intentionally threaten by your very presence. That's not about a cause, that's usually an attempt to start shit. We know because right wing people have been doing it for years. Adding fuel to that fire isn't beneficial.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see transport the OG Black Panthers to 2020 which would put these white trash man babies in their place and send them cowering back into their mommy's basements.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
The high road here isn't showing up unarmed and defenseless. Arm yourself.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
It would be dumb to unilaterally disarm especially when your enemies have no problem showing how quick they are to use violence.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Antifa are good, they mainly show up to intimidate right wing agitators and protect protestors. Prevents situations in which armed fascists can freely terrorize demonstrators.

I've got no problem with armed leftists either, this is all defensive. They aren't there to start fights, they are there to protect people from fascists and the police if necessary.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
For all the stupidity on the streets, there has been a remarkable lack of escalation and death.

To the extent that these morons are all bark and no bite, id rather not have an armed counterprotest.

At the same time if the authorities don't handle an escalation properly there's only one response that makes any sense and its self defense

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
These MAGA head idiots want to incite violence so escalating by stooping to their level is not the thing to do.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

Pretty much this. Hate guns. But if the Alt-Right are going to keep arming themselves, I think anyone who wants to face them needs to show that they aren't "snowflakes who are scared of guns."

Of course, don't show up looking to start a fight. Defend yourselves.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine for people to make that decision themselves but I'm not convinced it benefits the movement.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no foreseeable gun control in sight and the right wing has become increasingly violent in the past decade. Arming the left wing is not a choice, it's the only option.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I support leftists arming in secret, not parading around with weapons. The media and the police don't treat both sides fairly and the left will ABSOLUTELY be seen as a terrorist organization if they mass open carry. Just look at how everything played out with Michael Reinoehl compared to Rittenhouse.

I believe what we are doing right now is working, and we need to continue to win over the general population through activisms and messaging. Arm up in case of the worst playing out but keep them away from peaceful protests.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you still fight for more restrictions, and are vocal that you'll turn over your guns when the time comes, I don't see it as a problem at all.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
In theory I think the left should arm just like the right does. In practice though I think it's a really dangerous position because it'll more likely lead to bloodshed. The right already fetishizes killing people so it's probably not the best idea to further allow them to justify doing so.

But that only holds true, I suppose, if we're trying to create a peaceful solution where everyone lives together and gets to go home. The more I see these protests I think that may not be the end goal for everyone involved, so it's almost a moot point.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If the right wing can arm themselves why not the left? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Don't start shit, but you have the right to defend yourself.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still anti-gun...but not as much as I used to be. The Black Panthers armed themselves to great effect.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Just as we have rules against advocating violence, we don't think this is the best site to discuss a topic like this. Due to that, we are locking this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.