• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you still play it?

• Yes!

Votes: 466 49.6%
  • No, it's a "PsMorta" now.

Votes: 473 50.4%

• Total voters

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
My 64gb card corrupted a year or two so I was pretty discouraged. Lost my 40 hour save in P4G.
I just pulled it out this past weekend and set it up with my original 8GB stick in. I played a few minutes of Odin Sphere and some PSP games and then put it down, so I guess I don't still play it?

My condolences, mine corrupted too. You should look into CFW and a SD2Vita really, it's worth it if you ever want to go back.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Every two nights at work. I usually play it from 1 to 5 a.m., after my colleague wakes me up and there's absolutely nothing to do until 5:30 unless something goes wrong. Every few weeks I switch it with either my DSi or my Switch, though.

Yesterday I finished Danganronpa 2 and it was great!

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
The house in fata morgana. Looking forward to other games. Thanks to sd2vita, my vita was revitalized, because micromanagement on an 8gb memorycard was just bonkers. To think that sony asked for 35€ for 8gb is nuts.
I think vita would have been alive, if they didnt charge these crazy amounts for their peripheral memory card...

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I do. Once I finally homebrewed it (and installed SD2Vita), I can finally download all the games I bought, like Killzone: Mercenary. I use it a couple times a week. Fuck the proprietary Sony memory cards.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I do. Once I finally homebrewed it (and installed SD2Vita), I can finally download all the games I bought, like Killzone: Mercenary. I use it a couple times a week. Fuck the proprietary Sony memory cards.
It's amazing that Sony really pushes digital hard but then punished people with their memory card prices. It was such a stupid blunder.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what game I'm playing. If I want to play a PS1 game the Vita is usually my goto, and I still have a bit of a backlog of native titles (and will keep it just to replay the FFIV collection). I really should read up on how to homebrew my system so I can put my own ripped PS1 games on it.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Nah, sold it due to not using it anymore. Went out of my way to get one but the software just isn't there, for me at least. This is more apparent when compared to a supported system, like the Switch. Shame Sony, that dpad was glorious.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I haven't played it in a good while. I could see myself busting it out if I wanted to replay Persona 4 or Muramasa though.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Here you go, this is the best guide :) https://vita.hacks.guide/

Best guide for the exploits, but there's pretty outdated stuff on the "Finalizing setup" section. reF00D with keys.bin is obsolete now, there's a native solution called 0syscall6. It's also guiding towards using StorageMgr as a sd2vita driver, but it's slow and buggy. There's a native solution for it too called yamt and here's the best and simplest version currently available. Though it only mounts the SD card as ux0 and official Vita memcard as uma0, there's no other configurations, but that's just what most users need.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been considering selling my One X and Pro and picking a vita up along with a 3ds. I mostly use my PC and Switch these days since my kids have taken over the tv. Assuming I pull the trigger, are physical vita games still easy to find / not overpriced? Or would I be better off modding, using SD2Vita and going all digital?

I have been amassing physical Switch games due to Walmart selling them cheaper than digital so the idea of a little portable library on my shelf is appealing but not if it is a hassle to find the games or get them at or under digital prices.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Best guide for the exploits, but there's pretty outdated stuff on the "Finalizing setup" section. reF00D with keys.bin is obsolete now, there's a native solution called 0syscall6. It's also guiding towards using StorageMgr as a sd2vita driver, but it's slow and buggy. There's a native solution for it too called yamt and here's the best and simplest version currently available. Though it only mounts the SD card as ux0 and official Vita memcard as uma0, there's no other configurations, but that's just what most users need.

While I don't disagree with you as I use YAMT and 0syscall6 myself from my understanding these are not meant for 100% mass-usage yet. So until the dev says they are okay to use for everyone I think it's fair that a guide meant to be failsafe uses slower but more proven, safer plugins.

Nov 18, 2017
It's been sat in a drawer for about 5 years now, I don't know why I didn't just sell it, occasionally charge it and browse the stor, find nothing that interests me, play future cop LAPD & then boom back in the drawer.

Regret buying it tbh, was so excited for tearaway thought it was fantastic but other than a few hours of persona 4 here & a couples rounds of marvel vs Capcom there I've barely used the thing.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, because I realized that I don't really care for handhelds. But I keep thinking about digging out my Vita TV so I can replay Persona 4 Golden.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I've been considering selling my One X and Pro and picking a vita up along with a 3ds. I mostly use my PC and Switch these days since my kids have taken over the tv. Assuming I pull the trigger, are physical vita games still easy to find / not overpriced? Or would I be better off modding, using SD2Vita and going all digital?

I have been amassing physical Switch games due to Walmart selling them cheaper than digital so the idea of a little portable library on my shelf is appealing but not if it is a hassle to find the games or get them at or under digital prices.
Modding and all digital unless you're okay with $60+ price tags for all of these games. Also SDCards from Sony suck, and will fail very quickly.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Not anymore :(

let me charge it for a moment and boot it up for a quick play hehe.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I sometimes fire it up but it's not like I spend multiple hours on it at a time. I do wanna go back and finish FFX-2 and some SNES games on it though

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
While I don't disagree with you as I use YAMT and 0syscall6 myself from my understanding these are not meant for 100% mass-usage yet. So until the dev says they are okay to use for everyone I think it's fair that a guide meant to be failsafe uses slower but more proven, safer plugins.

Well yeah, you're right they are more proven but I don't know about safer. 0syscall6 works with everything so far and in any case it can't really fuck up anything. Same case with yamt-lite, you can't brick with it because there's no config to mess around so it's free of the bugs that plagued the basic versions that came before 3.1.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, you're right they are more proven but I don't know about safer. 0syscall6 works with everything so far and in any case it can't really fuck up anything. Same case with yamt-lite, you can't brick with it because there's no config to mess around so it's free of the bugs that plagued the basic versions that came before 3.1.

Good point yeah, I mean I'm just rerouting what was told to me on the HENkaku Discord on why these plugins aren't more widely used yet but so far other than one time not booting I had no issues either.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Good point yeah, I mean I'm just rerouting what was told to me on the HENkaku Discord on why these plugins aren't more widely used yet but so far other than one time not booting I had no issues either.

Oh right, the dev is not too keen on anyone (else than other devs) using his stuff after a wave of brick accusations by people who don't bother reading the readmes. Plugins like these are bound to go under the radar when the dev himself urges not to use them as you've propably seen on the discord you mentioned... I've used these plugins and loads of others made by him extensively on all of my four Vitas with zero issues.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I messed around with cfw a little while back, but I haven't actually played anything on it in at least a year, maybe even two. I still have a copy of The House in Fata Morgana loaded and ready to go; once I get through that, it's likely going to be chilling on the bench for a good while.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, the dev is not too keen on anyone (else than other devs) using his stuff after a wave of brick accusations by people who don't bother reading the readmes. Plugins like these are bound to go under the radar when the dev himself urges not to use them as you've propably seen on the discord you mentioned... I've used these plugins and loads of others made by him extensively on all of my four Vitas with zero issues.

Ah that explains it, people really should read but yeah what else is new :/ Honestly aside from that one boot-failure they have been flawless for me too, it's a shame the situation is like this because they really seem to work faster and cleaner.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I haven't played on vita for quite a while, but I'm soon going to start with Muv Luv. I bought the double pack back then. Usually my girlfriend plays all the visual novels, but this one has mechs in it, and I also heard that it is a great sci fi story. I'm a huge fan of both, so I thought I might going like it.

Oct 25, 2017
I do, but my Start button died and so I can only run a fraction of my games. I wanted to send it off to Sony for repair, but their repair website won't accept my serial number!

So yeah, I'm bummed about that.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I played it yesterday.

I gotta download Twisted Metal for it.

Last edited:

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I only bought it recently to play P4G, yeah I play it. No idea how long that'll last.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I would, if my shit of a nephew didn't break his so I gave him mine out of pity.

Had some great moments with that thing. 😢

Jun 13, 2018
I dont use mine anymore sadly, switch replaced it. I did have quite a few nice games on there. should find it and boot it up right now to see what's on there actually.

edit. well I found it and browsed around psn store for a bit. ended up buying armored core and ff tactics psp games hehehe

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not really.
I should do, but the last time I played, my 64GB was corrupted, so I had to format it and put everything back on it. I'm not gonna use cfw or whatever to let me use non proprietary memory cards, but I shouldn't have to worry about something so expensive crapping out on my with so little use (probably under 70 hours in total).

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done with it but the backlog I have left is low priority so I might not get around to it. I should play Papers, Please soon though. Will also hopefully have time to replay some old favorites in due time and maybe use it for a few PS1 games.