• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you still play it?

• Yes!

Votes: 466 49.6%
  • No, it's a "PsMorta" now.

Votes: 473 50.4%

• Total voters

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I would do more but one of the sticks started getting stuck and I haven't been able to fix it. Switch also satisfied a lot of my portable needs.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
It's basically my portable rpg machine. Between persona, Disgaea, and tactics ogre (technically a psp game) it still gets use.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been playing it lately, but my Vita is my go-to when I have the urge to play some retro games and/or indies.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Barely, these days.

I commute to work by car and play on other consoles / pc at home so I don't have time for my Vita. I still have so many games that I bought on sale :(

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The last time I played it was in Jan 2018 to finish Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I still have to play Severed. Also my Nyko Power Grip got this layer of stickiness on it after collecting dust for so long.

Nah, its pretty easy to install henkaku on it now over any OFW and the scene achieved pretty interesting things like:
- Use a raspberry pi to dock it and play on your Tv, just like the switch! You can use a Ps4 controller to play the games while docked.

Wow, never heard of this before.

Fudo Myo

Oct 30, 2017
I bought mine in 2018 (original OLED) and stocked up on games. I have a long commute, too, so play it often. Currently playing Fez. I don't own a Switch and don't feel like I need to with the Vita.

Dakb

Apr 20, 2018
Yes! I use it mainly to practice my japanese with the sea of untranslated games it has.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the Vita but.. no, I dropped it a while ago.

Great device, anyways. It's sad that Sony never really cared.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
its dead for good, a lightning strike burned it =(
49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d
o.O i take it that it was plugged in charging?

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, it's always in standby mode and ready for action.

Currently making my way through the Trails games for the first time. But I just read that the Geofront's english translation patch for Zero won't work on the Evo version I've bought and now I'm legimately bummed.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not actively playing it but once I finish some more Ace Attorney games on 3DS, I plan on going through the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games on Vita

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
Recently picked it up again, after a few months of inactivity on my side. Spelunky, Binding of Isaac and Stardew Valley are the forever-games that I usually go back to.
This time I also picked up Shovel Knight, which I previously couldn't get into... So far pretty fun this time.

Aside from that, it's still a holiday Minecraft machine for the kid.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah, sold mine last year. Got something like ÂŁ80 for it with a 32GB memory card, way more than I was expecting.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recently just installed some homebrew stuff on it and I'm getting so much more use out of it than ever before. Simple things like being able to use an SD card instead of the shitty memory cards or the ability to overclock and play games like P4G in a higher resolution make it a much more appealing system to play.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not for years.

I think I turned it on last year just because and didn't end up playing or buying anything new.

I know there's gotta be some cool Shit I missed out on, but I dunno...

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty recent thing. Started the last year with a guy spamming through reddit this "Vita dock" project, then he tried to comercialice it through indiegogo and ended up as an open source project with it's own github page.

It's awesome that something like this exists:

That is very cool. I almost wish I could play Golden Abyss that way, but that game relies too much on swipe gameplay functions.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Hadn't played mine for several years. Had it since launch.

I moved recently which meant a 2 x 55 minute train ride every weekday. Suddenly my Switch got a lot more use. A couple of days ago I ran out of games to play and suddenly remembered my Vita. Loads of games through PS Plus which I hadn't touched in years because I only played the big consoles at home.

I am currently playing Unit 13 and despite the 25fps framerate it is an excellent game. It's perfectly tuned for handheld sessions with its mission structure. I quickly tired of it at launch but I can easily see myself pouring many hours into it on the train.

Next on the list is Killzone Mercenaries which I have very fond memories of. Then I will give Uncharted Golden Abyss a go.

I must say, after playing the Switch on the train for months I am REALLY digging the Vita being so light and less bulky.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Haven't really used mine since I bought a Switch a couple of years ago, but it lasted me a long time. I have fond memories of it, definitely my favourite portable in terms of hardware.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
When my downstairs neighbor is blasting her TV at volume 100, I put P4G on and fall asleep to the endless music.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
spent the entire afternoon modding mine. took about an hour and a half, but now everything I want as far as tools are on it. I have a pi4. I need to find out how to dock this thing. that looks amazing.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
I bought one on launch day in 2011 and still use it now. It's perfect for commuting and especially on long plane rides.

The last full game I played on it was Root Letter, and these days when I use it I'm going back to the original Wipeout, where I finally got my first-ever first-place finish, more than 20 years after it came out on the PS1.

I still need to finish the Chaos;Head sequel, the Tactics Ogre remake (I don't have the talent; I might never finish this), and a couple of others. I really wish Persona 5 had gotten a Vita version; my PS4 version is sitting unopened in part because I just associate that series with handhelds, having had such fun playing 3 on the PSP and 4 on the Vita.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Not really this last year but I have a few games I still want to go back on it. I never got around to playing my PS1 classics or Phantasy Star Nova in particular

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I played a couple weeks ago cause I never did the bonus modes in DRV3. But I haven't touched it since I originally finished it back when it came out.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
I have around 300+ games for PSVita that is excluding PSP and PSone games.
I will be playing this device for at least ten more years.

This is me, whilst I dont claim to have quite 300, I still have a shit tonne of stuff that I have not even started (at least over 100)... currently cleaning up trophies on Hatsune Miku Project Diva X...

I've been considering a 2000 model as a backup also, but not pulled the trigger yet and even a third dedicated to Custom Firmware.

Greatest portable ever for me

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Yes.

I softmodded mine a long time ago and turned it into a portable PS1. I've moved my entire PS1 library over to it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Wow just read about the dockmod, my next mini project. Gonna be awesome playing P4G again on the monitor. Recently was playing TMS encore on the Switch and every 10 minutes I was like "I feel like booting up Persona 3/4."

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Initially my response to this topic would be no as I I've been busy withy my 3DS backlog (but I do have a Vita TV sitting under the tv atm). Yet that kind of changed today since I picked up a copy of Need for Speed for cheap (had it before, loved it but gave it to a friend when I sold him a spare vita). So I end up playing that on my vita for a few hours this afternoon. The vita is still a great system and I will keep coming back to it from time to time in the future (It is my 2nd largest game collection at 80ish game).

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Actually in the process of eBaying my collection. I'm a little paranoid about a blown battery to be honest.

I can play Hotline Miami on my Switch now and Project Diva is coming so I don't have much need to keep it around any more.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I still play mine regularly. Cross-save on Spelunky has been nice to go back and forth between it and the PS4, and lately I've been dabbling in Luftrausers and NFS Most Wanted.

I have a lot on the download list that I haven't gotten to yet, so I'll be playing it for years to come. Hell, I still regularly play PS3.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Bought one last year, and I've probably put in 100-150 hours. Not playing it too much because I've had games on other systems be priorities, but I have loved it. Probably the best way to emulate the 16 bit and prior consoles, plus PS1 and PSP.

I have to say, the Visual Novels really do shine. Stuff like Killzone and Uncharted are super impressive and all, but it's just not a great experience playing those Games on something so small, and they don't really benefit from it. But stuff like RPGs and VNs conversely don't benefit much from being on a TV and are great for pickup and play sessions on a handheld. Recently played Mother and Danganronpa, and just started up Disgaea 3.