• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you play your PS3?

• Everyday

Votes: 14 1.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 57 4.7%
  • Once or twice a month

Votes: 232 19.1%
  • Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time

Votes: 430 35.4%
  • I have 3 PS3's

Votes: 55 4.5%
  • I don't own a PS3

Votes: 136 11.2%
  • Once or twice a year

Votes: 290 23.9%

• Total voters

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Just curious how many people still play their PS3's and what they play on it. I use mine for the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (currently stuck in MGS2 at the Harrier fight on European Extreme) and right now playing through the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy. I also just finished Demons Souls a few weeks ago.

My digital collection is pretty big. The 500 GB HDD is full. My physical collection is small but I like what I have. I'm probably gonna end up playing some Skate 2 or 3 tonight because of this thread.

What about you ERA?

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
really cant think of a game id need to play on ps3 i cant play somewhere else tbh. no shade on the ps3 at all

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Currently doing a replay of Chrono Trigger on it. I also replayed the Resistance games last year and looking to do that with Killzone this year.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Have a bit of backlog left still and a few favorites I might replay.

Dropped Jak II because it has terrible checkpoints this month and finished Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. I turn it on a few times every year still.

May 17, 2018
They turned off the multiplayer on all my favorite PS3 games, so, not as much as I used to, but, still love that system.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I recently bought Fighting Vipers, Daytona Racing, Um Jammer Lammy, and original Katamari on my ps3. Still worth playing.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't played it in years, but actually hooked it up to my main "gaming television" yesterday because I had a weird craving to try out Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I got to Chapter 3. I didn't like it.
freaking "Now Loading" after quick swapping your weapons? Ew!

Good thing is that I found out I must've bought Ni No Kuni digitally for PS3 lol. I think I remember that, but I had completely forgotten. I think I'll probably still play the PS4 version first because it seems that it's enhanced for PS4 Pro according to Liabe Brave 's excellent thread detailing games that are enhanced for PS4 Pro.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Last played it in mid 2017 to catch up on Yakuza 4 and 5. Decided to just call it there as I wasn't ever going to finish the rest of my last gen backlog.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I had it out fairly recently - there's a lot I love that's stuck on there, and I don't really feel ps now is a viable solution given the streaming artifacts.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
My DS3 broke, and I apparently can't just plug in the DS4 because it needs me to press the PS button. I'm still holding on to it til I get a cheap ds3, cu there are alot of gems stuck on it still

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play mine this month but it shutdown after a few minutes thanks to overheating (Slim model). I was just browsing the XMB. :(

I want to clean it up but I have to buy a torx security screwdriver.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
i always wanted to play FFXIII-2 or RDR but my PS4 ocuppied most of my games time

beside i hate DS3 these days, nobody sell the original in my country, eveytime i bought it, after one month it no longer worked

also for some reason DS4 wouldn't work with my PS3, not sure how to make that things worked, even though i read bunch of instructions online

so yeah my PS3 is just collecting the dust right now alongside my other consoles, 3DS and WII

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
There are some good PS2 games on PSN that you can't get on PS4. Maximo, God Hand, Persona 3 and 4.

Navigating the PSN store on a PS3 is an absolute nightmare though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't for a while. Last time I played it was when I was replaying all of the Ratchet and Clank games almost a year ago.

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
I've been playing Ni No Kuni for several years now, trying to debate if I should just buy it for the Switch or continue. Also need to beat a few Tales of games, then I'll probably finally retire it.

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
It's primarily the Netflix and Plex player in the kid's playroom, but I've still got a bunch of games on there I want to get through - currently playing God of War (remaster), still got Resistance trilogy to finish, maybe Okami HD instead of buying it a 3rd time...

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Once in a while for Skate, Oblivion and Rainbow Six Vegas.

PSNow will never be a viable alternative for many reasons and PC emulation will take a while until most games even become playable.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
No, last game I played it was Trails of Cold Steel 2. I'll play it again if the Yakuza Kenzan fan translation ever finishes.

Oct 28, 2017
I still have a lot of games that I haven't finished on the system, I also use it when I want to play PS1 games as well.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
forgot to mention I also just started MGSV and woof, it's tought to play that game on PS3. I wanna get another plat for it though so I'll truck on.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
forgot to mention I also just started MGSV and woof, it's tought to play that game on PS3. I wanna get another plat for it though so I'll truck on.

I went through Dishonored on mine last year. I can still deal with the visuals. It's definitely in the running for my favorite system ever. The one feature I miss most when going back to it is screenshots! I wish it had that ability.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Not regularly. Still have a launch, fat PS3. Will probably replay NieR in a few years if it hasn't been remastered by then. Otherwise, It sits in a drawer.

Apr 19, 2018
Only when I ever want to fire up the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection again. MGS4, once in a blue moon.

The Hatsune Miku Diva F titles effectively became obsolete once Future Tone came out on PS4, and The Last of Us and Uncharted are similarily superior on said console.