• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you still play your 3DS?

• Yes, I still play it often (> 3 days a week on average)

Votes: 104 14.0%
  • Yes, I play it once in a while (once every few weeks/a month)

Votes: 208 28.0%
  • I play it very occasionally (once or twice in the past 6 months)

Votes: 206 27.7%
  • I haven’t played my 3DS in years

Votes: 225 30.3%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I bought WarioWare Gold last week and that's been fun. Currently trying to playthrough Persona Q2.

I still have Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (which I've owned since it release...) among a bunch of other random 3DS and even DS games I haven't played yet.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
There's a handful of stuff I would still like to play on it but I'm not sure I will actually get to them.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Funny, since there's nothing I feel like playing on Switch since I finished Pokemon Shield I'm replaying Strange Journey Redux right now. A few months ago I also replayed Samus Returns.

Man, I wish I could play some new stuff on Switch from those IPs.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, but I have unfinished and unopened games on there. If 3DS emulation was perfect, I'd be more inclined to finish them.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I recently finished Luigi's Mansion 2 and I still have to finish Etrian Odyssey Nexus, SMT 4/4A, and Bravely Second.

I will keep playing my 3DS for a long time.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Not really and if it wasn't for me picking up Ultra Sun last year, I wouldn't have probably touched it in almost 2 years.

PS4, Switch, PC take up 100% of my gaming time.

Oct 27, 2017
yes, on my work commutes. was trying to work on a donkey kong country 2 speedrun but have gone back to pocket card jockey.
the only time when my 3DS isn't my go-to commuting platform is when I decide to use my vita for a bit, or when I fly I'll bring my switch along instead.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing right now. Been trying to catch up to some games the 3DS has to offer. And its the only platform I can play Inazuma Eleven GO, so theres that.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yup! I've gotten into Monster Hunter in the last year thanks to Generations Ultimate on Switch and World/Iceborne on PS4, so off of other people's recommendation, I picked up 3 & 4 Ultimate on 3DS. Great games, wish I had gotten into them sooner, especially the latter, since that has online.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Not much nowadays and that sucks because I own a ton of great games, many of which are long RPGs I have barely played. I keep it charged and out but with the Switch here I just don't get it out much.
I need to make a better effort - there are so many great games on the thing that I have barely experienced!!

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yep. I finished up S-ranking everything on Sonic Lost World at the start of the week, and spent the last couple days playing through Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal where I still need to get the ring medals for the final area's worm tunnel and boss.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
It's my animal crossing machine. Also getting back into Gotta Protectors (waiting for the switch sequel now) and pocket card jockey. I'm also not done with Samus returns or Link between worlds.

My 3ds might break soon though. One of the hinges is cracked a loose and I'm wondering when it will snap fully :(

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yup. Still have about ten or so games I want to play on it. Just hacked it and played through The Great Ace Attorney, too.

Etrian Odyssey IV is next.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
The only game I've had on it has been LBW for a few years now. I recently got OoT 3D also. But I very rarely play the 3DS.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yes. One of Nintendo's best first party line up, and you can play OG DS games on it.
For Ocarina of Time alone I'll keep using it since it's my favorite version of the game.
But also for ALBW, Samus Returns, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kirby's Planet Robobot, Wario Ware Gold... A lot of games that I love to replay every once in a while.

Oct 25, 2017
In principle? Yes. I still own a lot of DS and 3DS games, including Strange Journey Remix.

In practice though, I discovered my 3DS was broken a couple weeks ago lol

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I got a 3DS late (2017 maybe) and for a while I played a handful of Nintendo games I had missed out on, then moved on to a few 3rd party games. When the Switch was announced, I planned to pick one up at some point to primarily play in handheld mode while watching TV with the wife. Still haven't had a strong enough reason to get one because I don't take the time to play 3DS much.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Still enjoying the console immensely. It still has one of the best Picross games ever made.

TXon7Gg_d.jpg

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Recently I've been playing and trying to finish Etrian Odyssey Nexus on my 2DS.

I don't know if I'm ever going to finish the game. It's huge time waster try to level your party members and constant random encounters doesn't help.

It's funny. Years ago I managed to beat EO 1, 2 & 3 on my DS but nowadays those kind of games feels such a slog. I'm getting old. =/

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
I really would like Rhythm Heaven Megamix to have another MyNintendo discount. Really want to play that one.

Last edited:

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
sadly the small screen really bothers me since i own the launch model and the new model is just too expensive where i live(like 200 bucks for a used one lol, hell no). im planing on playing some games on citra tho.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I finished like 30 games last year and I'm pretty sure more than half of those were from the 3ds, since I drew pixels of them.
It's my go-to system until I finish most of my backlog.

Currently I'm doing a Neutral run of SMTIV since I got the Law ending first, and then there's a bunch of games that I pick up in short bits (umihara kawase, wario ware, nes style boutique, theatrhythm final fantasy, super mystery dungeon, retro city rampage...)

After these, I'm not sure. I still have Fantasy Life, Etrian Odyssey 5, majora's mask 3d, senran kagura 2 and Project X Zone 2 unplayed or at the very beggining, and for SMT there's apocalypse and soul hackers as well.

I guess it'll depend on wether or not I'm in the mood for more SMT or not, since these games are so long.

Gotta clarify that I got a new3dsxl a couple years ago, so that's why I'm more than happy to keep playing it. Umihara Kawase hurt my hands badly on the original 3ds due to the dpad, but here it works great.

Edit:
Forgot to mention rhythm heaven, but I almost gave up on that one because of the door guardians. They singlehandly ruined for me what should have been one of the best entries in the franchise...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Put in 190 hours last year mainly going through DQ and Ace Attorney games. Now I'm going through Aria of Sorrow and Mother 3 on it. Planning on playing my copy of Dawn of Sorrow afterwards. Other than that, I might play my copy of DQ7 after I finally get around to playing DQ5 mobile.

I've also spent the last few years playing Puyo Tetris on it on the train, not sure if that will change any time soon. I'd like to eventually pick up a Switch Lite for my commute, but as it stands the regular Switch is still too big for a crowded train and bus imho

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I intend to.

I'll probably use it for my DS backlog, and I've actually got a pretty substantial 3DS Virtual Console backlog.

My 3DS backlog isn't too big compared to some other platforms, but there are a few things in that pile like SMTIV.

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
Of course, only reason I don't play it more is I need to replace my battery since right now I can only play at home.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Sold it off. I very, very rarely replay games and hate clutter so I've always (as an adult anyway) sold off my hardware once I'd played all I cared to on it and moved on to the next gen stuff.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
I play some SNES games on 3DS and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I also played Kirby's Epic Yarn recently on 3DS. I wish Switch would get more SNES games already! I don't know what is Nintendo waiting for.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Just started Bravely Second last night.

Picked the "I play once in a while" option. I go through decently long periods of not touching all my consoles, if only because my backlog is huge and spans 5 different consoles with multiple Switch, Wii U, PS4, PC, and 3DS/DS games to play, so it's not unusual for me to not play one for a few months. I'd say I still play my 3DS since I still have Ever Oasis, SMT4, Devil Survivor, and Radiant Historia that I very much still plan on playing, and I'm also due for a Fire Emblem Awakening replay soon.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I played Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on it last year and have been going through Picross games this year, as well as picking up a few games that were part of the great recent sale, so yeah, still playing mine!

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Haven't touched it since I got a Switch. Can't really see myself going back. I still have it of course, but might transfer it's content to a cheap plain 3DS and sell the special Zelda version it is currently on. (esp since it has the GBA games) in case I want to play any game there again. I did have a lot of digital games.

Then again, maybe I remove my account but keep the digital games/etc and just sell the whole thing as is. I wonder how much I could sell for it.

Last edited:

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Once the Switch launched and I got one, I haven't touched my 3DS. Just haven't felt the urge. If I want to game on a handheld, I'll just use my Switch.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I have a big backlog so the answer is yes.

Lately I've been (re)playing the Phoenix Wright games. They're so damn good.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
Every once in a blue moon I'll pick it up to run about in some game or another, but the switch has really spoiled me. I just can't do the small screen and all that jazz any more.