• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
For me, feels like i havent had a good night of uninterrupted sleep for the longest time. Wake up for bathroom, random itch, cat meowing, small noises in the house you name it, i wake up. I used to take cbd oil for it, but it affected my mood too severely using it long term. Ive had checks and they tell me im in top condition with no issues apart from slightly lower than normal blood pressure. I work out, eat well, and keep caffeine to a minimum. They wanted to give me xanax at one point, but that hardcore shit scares me so i refused.

Im jealous of anyone who has 8 hours a night, uninterrupted!

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Most of the time. I average around 6-7 hours according to my fitness tracker, though I sleep badly when I'm stressed (then I wake up at 2-3am thinking that I need to work, until I realise what time it is)

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I have 3 kids who are 2 years or younger. So no.

It varies. My sleep is generally (but not always) uninterrupted, but usually get 6-7 hours of sleep.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
COVID has completely fucked up my sleep cycle. Fall Asleep at 3am. Wake up at 7am. Work until 4 pm by which time I can barely keep my eyes open. Take a "nap" until like 10pm. RInse and repeat...

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
No. I always wake up at around 4 or 5 am for no reason. Too tired to start my day, not sleepy enough to go back to sleep. Eventually I fall asleep back again for about an hour. I've tried a lot of different things and nothing has worked.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but only in winter. In the summer time my sleep gets messed up. No idea why the weather makes so much of a difference.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Nope. Has always taken me forever to fall asleep (normally around 30 minutes to an hour). I'm also a light sleeper, so any snoring from someone else in the room or tv/music playing will keep me awake. It drives my girlfriend crazy cause she is a heavily breather when she sleeps and I have to have a sound machine with white noise on or put ear plugs in to allow me to fall asleep. I hate that she (or really anyone else I know) can just get asleep in less than 10 minutes. It boggles my mind.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I go to sleep well, and am usually out within minutes of putting me head on the pillow. The issue is the two younger daughters that come in at separate times of the night and end up staying in our bed. I'll end up back to sleep relatively quickly but I'm still up and down through the night.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Sometimes but not last night. Dreamt Seth MacFarlane bought Hamilton and recast Eminem as the lead.

Hi!
My name is
What?
My name is
Who?
My name is
Chika-chika
Alexander Hamilton

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
No, I have frequent nightmares that contain memories of me being sexually abused. So I wake up quite frequently and completely drenched in sweat. I don't make it easier for my partner either, because it makes me move and talk a lot while asleep. It's absolutely horrible. It's been six years of this so far, so I absolutely dread sleep.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Oh boy. Not at all. My kid is a four year old with autism, who is a troubled sleeper. I don't know how much rest it would take to reset at this point!

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
When I smoked (just a few drags) of weed heavily. Now terribly, luckily I don't have to commute and bed at 1AM meants 7 and a half hours of sleep.

Feb 27, 2018
Stop what you're doing right now and buy yourself some cheap blackout curtains and a white noise machine. You'll sleep like a baby.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I sleep like a baby. And by that I mean I wake up at weird hours of the night feeling cranky.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
Yes at the moment. Takes me 5 minutes to fall asleep, i don't wake up during the night and wake up after 6-7 hours (should probably sleep a bit longer, but shit needs to get done). It's not always that way though, when I'm stressed I get some nice sleep paralysis and wake up after 3-4 hours and won't fall asleep again.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Like a baby. Took time to get there, though. Building strong sleep habits.

Oct 25, 2017
No, I somehow developed insomnia during this pandemic. Not that I was a great sleeper before this but I didn't toss around in bed. I need to see a doctor.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
No, my mattress is shit, I have constant stress/anxiety, and take melatonin to basically knock my ass out. But the melatonin makes me have vivid lifelike nightmares most nights, and I usually wake up hot as fuck. I'm a mess, tbh.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I either just don't go to bed at all or sleep for way too long. I've recently started needing to piss every few minutes 5-10 times over before dozing off too.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm out within 5 minutes the moment my head hits the pillow. I usually get between 6-8 easily

I only manage to be this tired when I'm on vacation and completely disconnected from electronics.

Waking up and not realizing where you are or what time it is until maybe 30 seconds or so is when you know you really were sleeping. Happens to me probably less than once every few years.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I always had a tendency to wake up briefly a few times a night, but now I have a new kitten that can sense when I'm awake and assumes that means that it's now time for at least an hour of playing, running around and attacking my hands/feet, so sleep has been weird lately, needless to say.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Just last night I woke up at around 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until around 5. I go to work at 6. That happens around 2 to 3 times a week unless I take a sleep aid.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I fall asleep easily the first time but I usually wake up at least once a night to go the bathroom and I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Oct 22, 2020
For me, feels like i havent had a good night of uninterrupted sleep for the longest time. Wake up for bathroom, random itch, cat meowing, small noises in the house you name it, i wake up. I used to take cbd oil for it, but it affected my mood too severely using it long term. Ive had checks and they tell me im in top condition with no issues apart from slightly lower than normal blood pressure. I work out, eat well, and keep caffeine to a minimum. They wanted to give me xanax at one point, but that hardcore shit scares me so i refused.

Im jealous of anyone who has 8 hours a night, uninterrupted!
Uninterrupted sleep actually isn't the historical biological norm for human sleep. It's totally natural to wake up in the middle of the night between sleep cycles.

There's an infatuation with getting an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep that just isn't a biological necessity. If you wake up in the middle of the night, don't sweat it. Just keep the lights low, use the restroom, get a glass of water, read a book for a little bit, and relax. Oh, and don't look at a clock.

In my experience, stressing about not getting enough sleep just makes the problem worse.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the mood, what's going on, etc.

70% psychological with me. The % left is when I eat way too late, or get sick.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I wake up every 2 hours or sometimes less and I don't know how to fix it. Haven't had an uninterrupted sleep in so long.

Oct 25, 2017
I sleep through the night, but it always takes me a good 20 minutes to fall asleep at least.
Sometimes it'll take hours, but not too often thankfully.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
No (lately). But I take Xanax or another benzo when the stress/anxiety is the main issue

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I sleep great. I fall asleep within 5 minutes (10-20 minutes on really bad days or if I'm on my phone in bed). I wake up without an alarm around 7 hours later. Feels good every night. I remember my dreams very rarely and wake from them even more rarely.