• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the time no. Big budget games can have credit sequences that last up to 20 minutes.

Dec 31, 2017
Yeah.

There's may be a surprise ending.

And Rayman Origins let you play with the credits.

Such a wonderful fucking game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Always.

The way I see it is the Men and Women that created this game for me to play and complete put tons of hours of effort, blood, sweat and tears into this game in making it what it is so the least I can do is sit through 15-30 minutes of Credits to at least try to give them some recognition for their efforts on my part.
Do you ever actually remember them, or look up their work, etc... outside of the key players?

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
No unless you have something that can grab my attention like cutscenes, montage, music or an image slideshow
This is me as well

If it's a wall of names scrolling on a black background with nothing of interest going on, I'll skip if there's the option or walk away till it finishes.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
If the music is good and can capture the experience. Super Mario 64's is godlike.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Years ago, I told myself to sit through credits, because one day I'd be in some. That happened! But I still will sit through credits if I have time as a respect thing. I've caught friends and people moving up and around by doing so.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nah. I'll usually let the credits roll, but I'm getting up and going to the bathroom or getting a snack or playing with the cats or whatever at that point.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No and I think it's ridiculous when people do this at movies. And clapping at movies lol. No one who made the movie or game is there. How is it "respecting" anything. If you want to know all the names of the people who made the movie or game (and why do you even want to know this? You won't remember more than a few names regardless), you can just look it up online.

like I guess I kind of get doing this pre-internet, aa if you really wanted to know who handled a certain aspect of the game there used to be no other way really the credits.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I usually let them run, but I don't sit and watch the names scroll by.

I stand up and multitask while they're running.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I do other things while the credits is running and listen to its music and wait for probable after credits. But watching the whole credits? No.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
For games I do sit through the credits (hated that GTA V's was like 45 minutes), but for movies I don't unless there's something at the end.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I watch them. I earned them. I also get kind of annoyed when the developer doesn't thank the player for playing. That's one of my favorite traditions.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yes, when I finish the game the first time. It's part of the experience.
If I'm re-playing the game, i will only do so if I know there's something in the end.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I sat through the credits of Rime. But that's because I couldn't move due to my uncontrollable crying into my beanbag chair.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
If it's been 10 minutes and I'm still learning who was involved in it, I'm sorry, but that's enough from me.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No never except for times where there is still gameplay. Otherwise.. I wouldn't remember any names or anything and I am also not interested in it. If I cant skip it I will do something else. The best developers just put a option on the main menu

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually yes. Because most of the time they have good music and some neat screens.
But often these days they are waaaaay too long, so I stand up and grap soething to eat or
go on the toilet.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, most of the time, especially when the game really touched me. It's the perfect way to let the experience fade out.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yep, pretty much every time. Nice way to top off the experience and let it close out. That and it feels like the polite thing to do!

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
No, always skip them unless some kind of effort is made to make them worth sitting through.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Usually at least once. Games often have unique music or slideshows and whatnot during their credits.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I have to really like a game to finish it so in that case, I sit through the credits. I never see the credits for games I don't like playing.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Usually but only for the music. I appreciate all the people that went into making the game but it's not like I'm going to remember all the names, so I would be lying if I said it was to "pay respect" or some such nonsense.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I do, though the degree to which I pay attention to them varies. If there are scenes that carry over into the credits, or even if there are background images, then I'll generally pay attention to the credits. Honestly, for movies, I just do a quick Google search when the credits begin to see whether there's anything of interest during or after the credits, as I don't want to miss anything but also don't want to waste time waiting for nothing. I wish that was nearly as convenient to do for game credits.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I usually browse discussion about the ending while listening to the music. If it's longer than 15 minutes, then I skip it.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I skip them :\

I liked that trophy in the PS3 reboot of Twisted Metal though that you got it you watched the credits.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Every time, but I might end up getting on my phone while the credits roll and then glance back every now and then and silently thank the texture artist or programmer whose name scrolls past.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I always let them play out. I do it out of respect for everyone who has sacrificed to create something I enjoyed.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Usually not. I sometimes do watch a little just out of curiosity to see who goes for "Everyone in alphabetical order" vs titles.

Just a huge list with everyone who worked on the game is the best. Credits dramas are the worst.

I do also like when credits are used to show art, tell a story, play good music, etc.