• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I try to, half for respect and half in case there are any secret endings.

Some of them are getting really long though, you know it's long when the controller turns itself off TWICE during credits.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, because I'm afraid I'll miss a secret at the end if there is one. I usually do something else in the meantime.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sit through everything a game has to offer. I want the full experience right until the game boots me to the title screen or the game just removes all control and sits there forever like some SNES games.

Yes, because I'm afraid I'll miss a secret at the end if there is one. I usually do something else in the meantime.
I consider this every time as well.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
all the time

i find it interesting to see how big the development team is, it's a small gesture of appreciation, and it's a simple way to decompress and reflect on the experience after beating a game.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Usually I will,while I take time to reflect on the game I've just finished.....not Assassin's Creed games though,ain't got time for that,lol.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
When I first beat it, yeah, always. Otherwise if I beat it before, I just skip them, unless they're interactive.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yes. I hate to finish movies or games at home without watching them.

I am also someone that doesnt skip anime openings/endings and I hear many skip those.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Yep, I do the same for films even without any expectation of a post credit scene.

Sometimes there are some neat graphics, other times its full versions of great pieces of music from the game. Plus it's nice to see everyone involved in something that I took the time to finish.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly always. Especially if there's great music during it, as there often is.

But never for Ubisoft games. Not any more. I'm not spending half an hour on it.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I've only done if the credits were made into a little mini game where you're shooting them or something.
Otherwise I see no point. I don't watch movie or television credits either, unless I'm waiting for a bonus clip at the end.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Only when i still want to do something in the game and its skippable
Hope Era isnt trying to start some "if you don't sit through the credits you're disrespecting the hard work of the artists!" shite.

Well, after my first playthrough of a game I never skip the credits because I think that would be kind of disrespectful.

oh no too late

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I watching the credits to one of the Tiger Woods games cause it gave you an achievement, the problem was that they looped and and I didn't realize that until after 30 minutes.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I find credits to be unskippable more often than not, so I sit somewhere nearby on my phone or laptop and wait for them to close out to verify that any "finish the game" achievements pop, any unlockables are unlocked and that there aren't any stingers at the end. Some games do a really good job of making the credits interactive or entertaining on their own like Smash or God Hand, but pay attention to the credits themselves? Basically never.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I always watch the credits after beating a game for the first time. Most of the time there's a great song playing in the background and I'm interested in reading all the names of the people who worked on the game. It's also a nice way to collect my first thoughts after seeing the ending. I also always watch the credits after watching a movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I love to ruminate with the music. That's until I get bored, then I start mashing buttons.

One thing I do like about them is when the last line of credits stops in the middle of the screen, but you're so used the scrolling credits that it looks like it's still moving... heh.

Oct 31, 2017
Nope (where I am able to skip), and I kinda feel credits are a bit masturbatory. Hundreds of people also get together for countless other jobs outside games and tv, and yet they don't demand the 'respect' of users sitting through credits after enjoying say... a website, a museum, a sporting event. But I do know people who think it's rude not to

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

10000%

Any game that just leaves me just. I need a moment to think ya know?

Nope (where I am able to skip), and I kinda feel credits are a bit masturbatory. Hundreds of people also get together for countless other jobs outside games and tv, and yet they don't demand the 'respect' of users sitting through credits after enjoying say... a website, a museum, a sporting event. But I do know people who think it's rude not to

Well I mean a lot of times things like programs for events have a quick list of people in tiny text for example. It does happen. But in a physical place you go to there's not really a good way to scroll past a bunch of credits. It's not really practical. Having a screen someone can leave with zero effort is just easier to do in a movie or game.

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
As others have said I like to watch the credits out of respect to the devs and also to sit with my thoughts about the game.

Also, some credits are just the best credits ever.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, although it's not really a respect thing or anything like that; I simply like it as a quiet moment of catharsis.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only if the game has absolutely blown me away. And even then only till 10 mins or so till I am done absorbing.

If there is any thing extra in credits I see it through.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Only when I really loved the game. Then I stay on until the end as a sort of personal ritual. I went through 4 credit sequences with Three Houses and stayed until the end for all 4. I also developed that habit because of many games in my childhood having final thanks at the very end.