• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
"Mommy and Daddy have to go to work to make the money to pay for you! We love you, we'll see you tonight!"
...then die a little inside at the sad face he gives me like he can't believe I would actually leave him again. (;_;)

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but my chihuahua barks so loudly while I'm leaving that she can never hear what I say.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
"Psh psh. Bye for now," to my cat.

I stop in to visit her every day during my lunch break. She's used to the routine.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Really lucky that my fiance's office lets them bring dogs to work. I love that our girl isn't home alone for 9 hours with just a 15 minute walk anymore like she once was.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I tell my kitty, " Bye insert name, I'm never coming back."

I always come back, and she is waiting at the door for me...

Nov 9, 2017
I give my kitten a big hug and kiss on the forehead. She acts like she isn't a huge fan, but imma gonna do it anyway.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
Everyday before work, my senior dog jumps onto the couch. I wrap blankets around her and build her a chin rest out of pillows. Then I kiss her snout and tell her she's a good girl. She goes back to sleep, and by all reports, stays that way for the next 2-3 hours.

I refuse to feel like I took her for granted when her time comes.

Mar 30, 2019
My cat runs up when I wake up, so I scratch her head. As I'm getting ready, she forces me to watch where I'm stepping as I navigate the darkness. Then as I pass the kitchen she splays onto her side and stretches, indicating she wants breakfast. So I just mentally laugh and throw one of these looks her way.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I tell my dog I'll miss her and when I'll see her again. Sometimes I tell her to be good, take care of the cats, keep her mom company, etc.

If I forget to do it before walking out the door I will turn around.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
These days my two cats are basically the only beings in the house I have breakfast with cause my wife is already gone for work and my kids would rather frantically run around to catch the bus instead of get up on time and eat. So we get a lot of conversation in. Nonetheless I still tell em to have a good day before I leave and that I'll see them soon.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I used to tell my cat to guard the house. She was extremely afraid of strangers and would run and hide every time a car she didn't recognize pulled into the driveway.
If we were going away for a few days I'd always tell her how long we'd be gone for.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I'll tell Ollie that I'll be back later and if he's eating there's a chance he'll give out a loud grunt with a beak full of food.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Every morning I tell my dog Chewbacca "Goodbye *insert nickname*, I love you see you later"
I get playful with the nicknames such as Chewy, Chewbacabra, Chewbaccasarous, Chicken Nugget, Stinky butt (when he needs a bath lol), etc. I've done this with every dog I've ever had and love it.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
My cat is usually still in bed when i leave. She makes it hard to get up in the mornings.

I usually tell her "look at miss princess; you just gonna sleep here all day?" Sometimes i throw in a "get a job".

My wife's two boy cats are usually in their perch. "What a couple of sweet boys".

Typically giving pets to all of them.

Then as i'm finally heading out the door I'll yell "don't burn the house down!"

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I give each cat a kiss on the forehead and say "love you, buddy" before leaving.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I give my cats treats and tell them to be good and either "Be nice to your sister" if it's the tuxedo or "Take care of your sister" if it's the nibelung seeing me leave. My calico, the aforementioned sister, has horrible separation anxiety and anxiety in general so there always has to be either a person or a cat with her at all times.