• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you respond

• K

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • Ok

Votes: 294 46.2%
  • Okay

Votes: 194 30.5%
  • Kay

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • I'm an emoji person

Votes: 45 7.1%

• Total voters

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I use more then one.

Sometimes I'll just say/type "k" and other times use "ok." Just depends on the question/response I'm giving.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
1817771_1.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K and it's soundalike variants are the most passive-aggressive "I don't care/I'm not listening" options.

I say "Alright"

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Ok or Okay.

The less letters you use the more likely someone is to think you are being a quiet asshole or a passive aggressive asshole who resents them.

To a degree replying with just "okay" does that even. But "k" does for sure.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
OK or oké, the latter being the Dutch version of okay.

Speaking of Dutch: in that language 'kk' is shorthand for 'kanker' (cancer, the disease) and is the biggest and most frowned upon cuss word in the Netherlands. I know it stands for ok in English, but I can't help but read it like I would in Dutch.

It is a weird abbreviation anyway. The o and the k are right next to each other, so what is the point of typing k twice?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Okay is the only choice.

"K" makes you sound like a jerk who can't be bothered to type more than one character.
"KK" makes you sound like a weeaboo.
"OK" is fine, but not as good as "okay"
I've literally never seen anyone use "Kay"