• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Yeah I was about 10, she was the same age as me, we went out, but nothing really happened except for a few kisses and we called each other boyfriend and girlfriend. It ended when her family moved to another town.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
yep, ended the way first loves usually do, and i behaved badly in there near the end which i regret, but i always think of her very fondly and wish her only the best. last i heard (i had an ex who was obsessed with looking up my other lovers, especially her) she actually achieved her dream, moved to Japan to teach, got married and had a kid. it makes me happy.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely. It was over 30 years ago but I remember virtually everything about her and our relationship to this day. She was and continues to be an amazing person who has accomplished many great things in her life. She is a fantastic mother, wife, and very successful in her career. She also continues to be smoking hot.

I remember every woman I ever loved quite vividly. I have nothing but good things to say about every one of them.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Yup about 25 years ago now. She was more mature then me and I was a shy nerd who my dear of losing her made me lose her. I've learned to be more direct and open with my words and feelings since then.

BetoJR

Apr 27, 2020
Fortaleza - CE, Brazil
Puppy love is such a strange thing... I have a cousin that we practically grew up together, after a fashion. We saw each other frequently, went to our grandma's house for vacations, and all that jazz. We also used to say we'd marry each other, when we grew up (we're both in our 40's, now). We never dated or anything, life passed us by, but there was always something. A glance, a touch of hands, a linger of a hug... when one of us started dating, that sting of jealousy.

You could say she was my first love, I guess.

Also, we're both (very) happily married and with kids, now, so there's no chance of anything ever happening, today.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I do, we've been together for 9 years. We split and almost split a number of times in this period. I have never loved and hated someone more than her. Finally, we split for good in dramatic circumstances and I was left in a very bad spot.

Funny enough, once my hatred for her fizzled out, I found out that there was nothing left. Not even an ounce of love, therefore I am officially free and over her.

I'm currently in a fantastic, loving relationship and now I understand that intensity =//= quality.

From what I know my ex is in a happy relationship as well, so it worked out for the best for the both of us. :)

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
My first "love" was an online relationship when I was 13-14, it lasted about a year and ended with him flirting with other girls, in the same chat room we both went in.

My first real love I met when I was 14 turning 15, we are still together 22 years later!

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I remember my first kiss, first love, first girlfriend, first person I had sex with, etc. None of those people are the person I ended up marrying, and I'm quite happy with how it all turned out (which is an understatement, really).

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Absolutely. It was at the peak of my adolescent years. We met during my senior year of high school when I was 17 and dated for a little over two years. We were in a history class together, but I didn't notice her initially since she sat somewhere behind me. Apparently we had mutual friends who she expressed interest in me to, so they set us up to meet at a local show on Halloween back in 2003.

Fast forward, she wanted to get back together a couple years after we split, but I declined since I just started dating the person who I'm currently married to (been together for over 12 years now). We've chatted a few times over the years on social media, but haven't spoken to one another in over two years now.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I guess that would be a kid i met on the beach in 89-90 (was ~10) or something like that. We were hanging around for 1-2 weeks during the holiday and he would leave, and it was it, until one year later and he magically appeared again out of nowhere. It lasted 3 years i think and we liked each other a lot and wanted to run away etc.. But we were just kids of course (and he was probably straight even if he was telling me things like i miss you etc..). Ultimately i realize i was in love cause the last time he left i was real sad and kinda seeing him everywhere or thinking it was him for days.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Yep! We were romantically involved off and on for a few years, and I figured eventually we'd be together. But I don't think they were ready to come out of the closet and fully be with me so it didn't work out. We're still casual friends who talk from time to time.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, I am married to her. Met in high school, went out for a few months and I was bananas about her. She broke up with me and broke my heart. We didn't talk for a couple years, then ran into each other while hanging out with a mutual friend and struck up a friendship. She was one of my best friends for about a dozen years. We were the people we compared other boyfriends and girlfriends against and always found them wanting, but didn't have anything going on romantically. We eventually ended up being single at the same time for the first time in over a decade and started dating again. I bought a ring three weeks later, got engaged a couple months after that, and have been happily married for over ten years.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I remember the first time I ever felt like I actually loved someone, and it was heartbreaking because it definitely was never gonna happen. She was in a relationship when we met, then she broke up but I had just gotten into a serious relationship. It wasnt until way after that I found out how she felt, and it kind of threw me aback because I never even knew. She stopped talking with me after a while and it hurt alot but I understood (And it was definitely for the best). I still treasure the time I knew her, but at this point its all in the past.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yup, back when I was like 6 years old there was this girl in school whose mother was Russian and father Peruvian, she was very pretty and I liked her a lot. That was it this, we've talked a lot over the years and it didn't go beyond me being just a kid who found a girl really pretty. Then when I was like 10 I found another girl (her mother is Japanese descent) and we kind of hit it off, but then nothing happened until 10 years later when we kinda became friends with benefits for a while lol.

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
"First love" as in first crush or first romantic relationship? If it's the former, then yeah, I remember my first crush - it was this girl in my class, never had the guts to say anything to her, I was 12 at the time. If you mean actual first relationship, then I'll take "things that never happened" for 500, Alex.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
First person that made you feel fluttery ,so i guess infatuated.

I don't think that counts because the first person I was infatuated with I was still figuring out how puberty worked and that infatuation went away over time.

The first person that I actually fell in love with, I had some feel-good moments with her but I was way too shy to confidently articulate myself and she knew that and used that to her advantage. She also switched from one boyfriend to another so it wasn't mean to be. Ironically, it was her birthday yesterday, but we're both entirely different people with our own lives so there's no point in attempting to rekindle what was puppy love.

Last edited:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. She was super picky though so we never dated despite constantly flirting and at one point I stayed over at her place. Also, my fiancé is the best person I know, so I think I did alright

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah, we're still in touch and meet up a couple of times a year when our schedules allow it.

It's completely platonic and both of our partners are completely fine with it now although it did take a couple of years.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'd say my first love was a friend at school who I'm pretty sure might have been bicurious but I never got to confirm it as I was pretty shy about making a first move. Something happened once that makes me think he may have been open to it, but neither of us acted, so I'll never know. I mean, maybe if I ever run into him again I'd ask him about it now as the feelings are long gone, just to know lol. I had crushes before but this one felt way different, suffered quite a lot internally because of it, gay culture is having unrequited feelings towards your straight friend growing up and all that. My first mutual love was my first ex who I'd rather not think about but will from time to time.

Jul 20, 2018
There was a girl that I liked when I was 13-14, but I was shy and did nothing about it. Turned out she liked me too, but I was too young and stupid to realise until we were 17, when she told me how she felt. I had a girlfriend at this point, and I thought it would last, so I did nothing. Although I was torn, and I agonized about it.

We did finally go on a date when we were about 20, but by then the infatuation was gone, and there was no spark. Not spoken to her in about 20 years, but we have mutual friends and I know she's married, with kids, and doing well, so that's good

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, when I broke up with her I was 80 pounds heavier and had a brand new eating disorder to sift through for the rest of my life. Good times.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
I don't remember my first crush very well. I volunteered at a summer camp and he was kind of cute and seemed flirty, but nothing went anymore.

My first actual relationship is the same one I have now. I've known my boyfriend for, like, I think close to 14 or 15 years at this point? We only started dating around 7.5 years ago, so yeah, I remember that one pretty well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
its hard to judge really, but ive been with someone 14 years and i think i would say that they were my first actual love

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Yep, and I blew it. My last love is the one for me, though. Been happy with my wife for 4 years now and don't see that changing for anything.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I remember. It was nearly 20 years ago now. We don't talk, but someone brought her up recently and she is like a MMA fighter now lol.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yep, Senior year of High School, she was in my shop class. It was obvious to anyone sitting in that classroom (including the teacher) that we had a thing for each other, but I had a lot of confidence and self-loathing issues back then that refused to let me believe someone could legitimately be attracted to me and never went for it. She eventually lost interest.

We're still good friends to this day, and those feelings have long since passed, but looking back on it, I feel so embarrassed. Mental health really is a serious thing you have to take care of.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Together for 2 years in college. Even had a pregnancy but we were stupid kids and definitely were not ready to raise a child. By end of junior year we both knew we were dragging our feet through the relationship so we split. Saw her back in 2016 at a club of all places and it was great catching up. We were thankfully in a place in our lives where we could look at our time fondly without bitterness and an invaluable part of our growth. Haven't spoken since but we're connected through IG so we still get glimpses of each other's lives from time to time and I'm happy for her whenever I see her hit another milestone in her life.

Azraes

Oct 28, 2017
London
Given that they died during the time we were together (teen years), hard to forget really albeit a really long time ago now.

Then again, I don't forget 99% of things in my life which is both a boon and a curse, given that everyone around you seems to forget and you just can't not remember things even if you don't care about them.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah. She sent me some lovely Vegan Chocolate for xmas and I thanked her for doing so. We sometimes reminisce about our past and how it might have gone differently but well we were 15 or 16 or so. Now we are almost 45. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing, especially what you are remembering is teenage hormone inflected.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I had crushes on lots of boys growing up, but it's hardly what i would call "first love" considering I was trying hard to suppress those feelings and hide myself, and that most of them treated me like shit.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yep.

She was beautiful, a true definition of a Pixie Dream girl. Had a very bubble gum punk style, heavy London accent (was from there). We were going to get married, but about 3 months before, she went back home to visit family, never came back, told me she'd hooked back up with her ex because she wasn't ready to get married and only agreed due to pressure from her mom. also I had paid for her to fly back home. She apologized for that and said she'd pay me back when she could. That was oh... 25 years ago. She is now divorced with 2 kids.

On a positive note she apologized about a year ago and paid me back the ticket money, which i had never expected because obviously it was so long ago and I had moved on, but it was nice to hear from her and see she's doing well for herself.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, and she is effectively the reason i have such a low view of myself, even years later.