• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My first love was in 2007, I won't say her name, but I remember the feelings of "butterflies in my stomach" always wanting to be around them etc. We went on a couple of dates but nothing serious ever came of it. I do not talk to her anymore (and haven't talked to her in years) but I hope she is doing well, I was disappointed when things didn't work out, but I got over it quickly and looking back, I really don;t think I was truly in love with her, I think I was more infatuated.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

Still feel bad I didn't try to be more outgoing, but that's a problem I have to this day, hence why I'm still all alone.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's counted as your first love? First person you were infatuated with? First person you said "I love you" to?

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. We broke up because I didn't want to marry her. My position was basically, why get married if we love each other? We still speak to each other, flirt and shit. I've been thinking lately that I'd get married in a heartbeat with her, but I'm currently dating another girl... I know, I'm going to hell.

Oct 29, 2017
I remember my first love, and my first lust before it.

First Lust - Was about 17, moved into a new city, and became friends with small group from work. One of these friends was a girl that was kind of mother to the lost boys. She was cute, curvy, liked everything we liked... ended up being my first, and we dated for some time. I'll never forget her breaking up with me, first time in my life I was devastated.

First Love - My now ex-wife. Met when I was 24, married when I was 26, divorced when I was 28. Wont go into the full story, but we still talk, and there is still love there, but we've both moved on. She'll always have a place in my heart that no one will ever have - (and I do love my current wife).

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, it's been 20 years but I remember her. We dated for three years. I was very immature and she had emotional issues, so we were doomed to failure. She went on to be a successful attorney so props to her anyway.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. We broke up because I didn't want to marry her. My position was basically, why get married if we love each other? We still speak to each other, flirt and shit. I've been thinking lately that I'd get married in a heartbeat with her, but I'm currently dating another girl... I know, I'm going to hell.

Sounds like you still have a chance. I'd say go for it.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm tempted to say young love is a luxury for straight people, but I guess that's not true. It felt that way when I was growing up though.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
What I thought was my first love was actually an unhealthy relationship, but I didn't know any better, since it was the first. It was never a real relationship and we morphed into just being good friends for while, but then grew apart. I cut them out of my life completely this year, after seeing how toxic they had become. The final straw was when they deadnamed me on purpose in my coming out (as transgender) post on Facebook as well as being "concerned" I was influenced into thinking I'm a woman.

After spending 10 years with my current partner, I know that what love truly is now.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was 15 and had a major crush on a friend. I invited her over one time and just about made a move on her.

Things quickly went downhill.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
First real relationship was in 2011.

First real love was in 2014. Met her on spring break in Mexico. Me and my friends had went to a resort and she was one of my friend's friends. Romantic meetup in a beautiful vacation spot turned into a 3 year relationship. It ended when i decided to move out of Wisconsin to pursue a masters degree and the game industry (she didnt want to leave the state). Still makes me sad to think about all this time later, even after I've dated numerous people since then.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
My first couple of loves were complicated and problematic.

My first romantic experience was with an adult woman I met on the internet when I was still a teenager. I would prefer not to get into the details of this, but this was a write off. It was an inappropriate relationship that I believed was love at the time but was ultimately something else. I don't know what to call it. The romance of abuse is difficult to parse. But the nature of that relationship primed me for my next bad relationship, which I am more comfortable calling my "first love" despite it being pretty brutal on me.

It was with a girl my age with severe mental health problems I thought I could fix by being a good boyfriend. I had a lot of internalized ideas of what that meant and what I should endure for another person. That meant staying strong in the face of her violence and letting her mistreat me as a show of my love for her. So she would scream at me, she would beat me, she would threaten me with what she would do if I ever tried to leave, our sexual interactions were very dissociative and stressful. This was difficult for me to endure, but it was easy for me to accept. Being a good boyfriend and a strong man meant taking everything on the chin, which I did because I loved her.

I don't want to paint too negative of a picture of her. She had problems and needed professional help. The things she did to be were terrible but I forgive her for them. We were young and naive and she was undiagnosed. Coming out of a dramatic previous relationship with a power imbalance, this was sort of what I thought relationships were like. Volatile, full of drama, and something you suffered. It was really hard for me to unlearn that. I had to get ground to dust to free myself from that trap. My love life didn't immediately improve after that but it did get better. I opened up my sexuality, I connected with different kinds of people, and stopped using a relationship as a measure of my self worth. All is well now.

But I think back to my first real significant other and I hope she's all right. We don't speak anymore. I never regretted ending things and am not nostalgic of our time together, but being with her taught me that if I felt strongly enough I would do anything for someone. That was the first time I understood my capacity for love and why as I got older I was much more selective of where I invested it.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, dated her 20 years ago. She'll always hold a special place in my heart, but it's ultimately a very good thing we ended it. Or rather, she ended it.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I remember the initial elation, of feeling on top of the world, all those cliches. And the crushing feeling after being dumped.
Looking back, it was just the excitement/disappointment of it all happening for the first time that I was feeling - it wasn't love, we barely knew each other.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ainslee is middle school. Asked her out but she told me she wasn't allowed to date yet.

Courtney in high school. Popular smart athletic girl so she was way out of my league. Asked her out a few times over a couple of years, but always turned down. Closest we had was going to a school function together once and have lunch one time after graduating. She went off to college and that was the last I saw of her.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Yup. With around 13 or smth I think, was a guy who's a neighbor of some of my family in Bosnia.. was very awkward when a year later I finally ralized I loved women (lesbianism didn't hit until I was 19 I think, but at that moment I definitely didn't wanna date boys or it at least didn't make me super happy bc I wanted to pursue this newfound feeling) & didn't actually wanna date him. From what I know he never really stopped having feelings for me & ended up in school(?) to become a priest because I didn't want to be with him (long fucking story but that's what it boils down to). It's rather sad, but also funny as fuck, because he's always had so many girls fawn over him, but this little lesbian just made him write off relationships forever lmfao

Honestly all my relationships with boys/men were a whole lot of fucked when I think back to them, because it was so fucking obvious to me that I never truly loved any of them like I've loved women, but comphet surely tried very hard to make me believe I actually liked men lmao.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've loved a few times but I'll always remember her (the first) and the 3-4 years we spent together (2004 - 2008).

I don't feel love towards her anymore though, it took about 9-10 months for any sort of loving feelings to go away. I've dated and been with lots of great girls since but all fleeting (4-6 months) as I've grown older and less dependent on others. You still can get pings of those loving feelings fairly quickly with new people but yeah like I said, all feleting. It seems a lot of my friends moved from one relationship to another (with no or little to no gap between) until they got married and had kids. I'm 28 now and there's very few of the large friend group of nerds/outcasts from school (25 people) who aren't married with kids or in long relationships. When we all last met up there were 3 of us who didn't have partners and many of the group married 'internally' as in to others from the group and still live in the small village we all grew up in. I moved away and have moved around a lot for work so I'm glad actually that I never got "stuck" there.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
I was once infatuated with a young mother of two. It was reciprocal for a while. Her partner approved for a while, until it came to an abrupt end. All around pretty fucked up. Good thing it didn't escalate into something more. I hope they are still happy.

I still miss a few of my other exes. But as the saying goes, you break up for a reason. No use looking back (but it is oh so hard, especially a stupid year like this).

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, her name was Abby and I fell in love with her in 8th grade art class. It was magical, couldn't get her out of my head.

Then she went on summer vacation to Florida or something, said she'd write me back every day, and I got like one letter before she stopped. The following year sucked horribly.

But eh, first loves rarely last, right? Fortunately I found the love of my life some time later, and we've been happily married for seven years now.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Sure do.

We worked at a video store together, in the early 2000's, and also went to the same university during that time. One of the only periods of time where I can remember actually looking forward to going to work, lol.

We got along really well, and had great chemistry.

I eventually worked up the courage to ask her out, but she politely turned me down. No worries; we continued to be good friends.

She definitely had a "type." The couple of guys she dated during that time were shorter in height than her, were very into the "Emo" scene, and had some level of musical talent. ....I checked 0 of these boxes. Ah well, nothing wrong with having a type.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Yes. Seria from 2nd grade, lol. We used to talk on the telephone for long periods of time after school. We're actually Facebook friends now.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
always

we dated when i was 13, stayed friends for 10 years.

he died 5 years ago. there isnt a day that goes by that i do not think of him.

Last edited:

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I do. But memories that were once painful are really hazy now, lacking details. Time does heal wounds, folks.