• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
blacksheepwall - Removes the damn black sheep wall in Warcraft 2

dncashman - Not as much as cheat as something that's just dumb in Duke 3D.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
What was that shooter which gave new lives with ABBA?

And what about Tiger-heli, I remember some code for that one as well. 🤔

MrMan2k7

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Not exactly a cheat, but a password:

Genie Jafar Aladdin Abu

Takes you to the Genie level in Aladdin for SNES. This was my sister's favorite level to play over and over so we both committed it to memory.

giblet

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had friends and family members that played a lot of Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior on the SNES with me. I've used this code so much, I'll never forget it.

Down, R, Up, L, Y, B would let you both pick the same character.
It also does the following in SF2 Turbo

During CAPCOM Logo: Turns off Special Moves (Makes Special Ending easier)
During TURBO scroll: Allows Turbo stars to be set to 10

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
GTA III: All Weapons. R2, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up.

Oct 27, 2017
A very old one.
megahit for the original Prince of Persia. To be typed as a command line argument after the name of the game's executable in dos.
You could skip levels, kill enemies, extend the 1-hour countdown

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
In Wario Land, when the game's paused pressing Select 16 times lets you edit the numbers on the status bar.
999 coins, please.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Mega Drive version of Toy Story. Will never forget the code, I used it so much. I had two games for my Mega Drive... Toy Story and Rise of the Robots. I'm sure some of you will understand why I know everything about Toy Story by heart, right?

Oct 27, 2017
3cb8-5dae

game genie code for FFVI infinite items (must have at least 2) -- i just used it for infinite elixirs to heal after combat since i was sick of micromanaging health

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A-L-L-Y-A-L-L-Y-A-L-L-Y

For Mechwarrior on the SNES. It was invincibility, if I recall. Just about the only way I could do anything in that game.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reason why kids of a certain age remember that number as well as they do is because you would have needed to plug it in a bazillion fucking times to even have a chance at knocking Tyson out.

I never beat Mike Tyson but I saw my neighbor's older brother do it in person once. Seriously one of the most amazing gaming feats I've ever seen.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
pressing i+l+m simultaneously would give you all guns and full ammo in Wolf3D IIRC

OP
OP
Rotobit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The ecco the dolphin NNNNNNN password was accidentally discovered by a lot of people according to online accounts.

Aside from that, there have been sonic the hedgehog codes found through disassembling the game. For example, there is a code that makes the names of the developers appear on the "Sonic team" splash page that was never discovered in magazines or through PR. Doing the code is only half the equation. The screen actually has tiles that contain the japanese characters for the programmer names, but the color of the font is set to black. Doing the code sets the color to white.

HOBGIFCx-600x338.jpg

Wait, are those tiles always there? If so that's awesome, it's been hiding under our noses this whole time

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
motherlode

I could also claim to know the Alcatraz code in San Francisco rush, but that is easily one of the most convoluted cheat codes of the console era

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
David Braben could be entered as a guest name on RCT3 for infinite speeds. That one stuck with me since I entered it so much. It wasn't until Elite Dangerous that I realized who David Braben was.

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 for PSX:

Up, triangle, down, X, left, L1, right, R1.

Unlocks Roshi, Gogeta, Mr. Satan, Kid Goku and SS3 Goku :D

Lawr

Banned
Sep 17, 2018
ABBACAB cheat menu for Shadowrun Genesis, probably still the best pure Shadowrun experience in gaming to this day.

A bunch of the StarCraft ones... Power overwhelming, there is no cow level etc.

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
Sims 1:

Ctrl + Shift + C

Then we can type cheat codes. I only remember these:

Klapaucius = 1000 $.
! = Repeat the last cheat

So, Klapaucius and then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! meant an easier life.

I wish I could type "klaplaucius" in real life.

Oct 27, 2017
I never beat Mike Tyson but I saw my neighbor's older brother do it in person once. Seriously one of the most amazing gaming feats I've ever seen.
Pretty much my only video game claim to fame. It literally took months of an 11-year-old's free time but I did eventually beat him, and hundreds of times since.

It became my quick comfort food time-killing video game activity for decades (because it's never a 100% guarantee) and my go-to input lag test, haha.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
(Up, Left, Right, and Down are U,L,R, and D)
ABACABB
CALLACAB
BARACUDA

Ristar's invincibility cheat is iloveu

Infinite shurikens in Shinobi is setting them to 00, then waiting

Shinobi 3's invincibility is the first stage music, the water stage music, Sakura, and then Getfu. I don't remember what these last two songs are, but I remember them being slow and I didn't like them.