• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was the best baby show?

• Muppet Babies

Votes: 163 23.1%
  • The Flintstones Kids

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • A Pup Named Scooby Doo

Votes: 88 12.4%
  • Tiny Toon Adventures

Votes: 254 35.9%
  • Tom & Jerry Kids

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Baby Looney Tunes

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • You shouldn't have put Tiny Toon Adventures in the poll. You're fucking the whole thing up.

Votes: 171 24.2%

• Total voters

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If I'm not mistaken I thought was a joke about X-babies..
718051._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

My favorite is Li'l Gotham

7O7vX5A.jpg

IPoJ65H.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I feel like Lil Gotham is more like a Super Deformed version of the concept, mainly making them cute but not actually babies/kids, though I may be misremembering.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
The idea of Bond having a nephew was used again in 1991 in an American animated series for television, in which the title character defeats threats to ensure the safety of the free world. The series was mildly successful, spawning a six-volume novelization series by John Peel, a 12-issue comic book series by Marvel Comics published in 1992, and video games for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Super NES.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Muppet Babies introduced me to Star Wars. I had no idea wtf it was when I watched it until I was much older.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was also a trend going in the other direction with

All Grown Up (Rugrats)
Quack Pack (Ducktales)
A Goofy Movie (Goof Troop)

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder: There was an entire character in Tiny Toons whose schtick was that he would swear constantly. His name was Fowlmouth and he was the modern version of Foghorn Leghorn, except instead of a southern accent, he had a Brooklyn accent.

There was also a reoccurring character who as a straight up serial killer

Also the voice of Hampton's dad there is the same voice actor as Dexter's dad from Dexter's Lab

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was an episode of Tiny Toons that was a 1992 version of those old 1950's "famous people at restaurants" cartoons that Looney Tunes used to do that is the most 90s thing ever, but I can't find any clips online.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That's a new generation theme much like Tiny Toon Adventures. That was a separate trope that was pretty big in the 90s where they tried to bring back classic IPs with a new cast. See also: Star Trek: TNG and the Generation X comics.

? How was Generation X a classic IP (assuming you're talking about the X-title)?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

THUD

The animation on "up his own ass director" Plucky is superb.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's a new take on the classic X-Men IP with a new team. It's basically the new generation of X-Men.

Eh, it was basically a redo of New Mutants. I think we have to take comics out of it because ever since, say, Teen Titans it's always been popular to try to reach out with younger versions of teams. New Warriors, Young Avengers, or before them Infinity Inc and Young All Stars, etc. all fit that bill. Heck, for New Warriors, for whatever reason Nova decided he wanted to be called Kid Nova.