• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes. Depends on the year's performance. I think on good years it's a bit less than one paycheck. On bad years it's literally nothing.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
We usually give people raises (assuming they've actually earned it) and year end bonuses in December every year, which vary from person to person.

This year we're not going to do raises (everybody had their salaries reduced back in the spring but they were all recently restored to 100% pay), but I believe we are still going to do the bonuses.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a COVID bonus on top of our Christmas bonus (which isn't really a bonus, it's a performance-based variable).

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
Our company usually has Christmas launch on 24th (not this year since everyone is working from home), then the office reopens on January 1st after new years. We also get to pick a gift from bestbuy with a price limit of 400. Its relatively small company and the owner is really generous and seems to genuinely have the best interest of the employees.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
We get an annual 4% COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) the first pay period of November, made retroactive to the beginning of the FY this time around. So we got a secondary check covering July-Oct's 4% COLA which is technically a Christmas bonus I guess.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
My sick time gets paid out annually in Massachusetts which amounts to an extra 40 hrs at my pay rate. It's pretty much a Christmas bonus at this point, for not being afflicted by some hardship.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
We did last year, but with COVID killing our financials, we're lucky we even got jobs let alone bonuses this year.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's my first year here and I know they spend a ton of money on an end-of-year party instead of giving out bonuses.
If you attend the party I think you get $20.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Christmas bonus and they got rid of the annual bonus a couple years ago too. There have been two covid bonuses this year though, 10 percent of the hours worked in two separate four week periods. Finally a benefit for working in retail during covid haha

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not for Christmas, no. Our bonuses come after the fiscal year and are factored into our comp, so they get paid out around June and can be pretty hefty. The amount is based a combination of how well the company, your business unit, your studio, etc. do--the distribution of which is based on your role (so Andrew Wilson, for example, gets his bonus 100% based on how the whole company does) times your target times your performance modifier--maybe plus some stock. I'm not very senior, so my bonus target is relatively low, but it still comes out to a decent amount overall.

For the holidays, we usually get two holiday parties (one for the kids, since they can't go to the big one), plus whatever your studio does on top, plus a week shutdown that's paid. This year, we're doing a remote party, which is going to be interesting, and they're also sending every employee a gift, plus some food and alcohol. I'm looking forward to it.

Oct 30, 2017
my company used to do goal based bonuses twice a year with one of them conveniently in December but not as an actual Christmas bonus. a few years back they had us vote if we want to keep that or switch to 401k match and the latter won, so no bonuses at all anymore

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
We normally don't, but bonuses were either reduced or eliminated this year depending on department (would have been paid out Jan 2021) because of the pandemic but they said they would be giving everyone "a little something for the holidays sometime in December".

Fully expecting starbucks gift cards or company branded yeti cups or some nonsense. I'm personally more annoyed with the fact that the company made a point to note that "some employees got more than they normally would have this year due to stimulus" etc. as a reason for taking bonus away from some people.
STIMULUS WAS NOT TO COVER PAY, IT WAS TO STIMULATE SPENDING AND THE ECONOMY, fucking jackasses...

Oct 27, 2017
Once upon a time yes. Then it got progressively cut down and removed on year for the proles while management continued to get theirs and the CEO got a huge payoff. They eventually brought them back but at a far lower level than they were at before.

Don't see one happening this year but at least this time there will be valid reasons for it.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
$100 every year for Christmas, but we get an annual bonus in February tied to the previous fiscal year performance that can range from 15-30% of our annual salary, depending on benchmarks and personal performance reviews.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think it's like $250 usually? Don't remember exactly.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Typically end up with 6 extra vacation days (on top of the three stats for Christmas/Boxing Day/New Years), plus weekends, so I get like 22 days of paid vacation for only five vacation days taken. Which is essentially just as good as a bonus in my eyes!

Jun 14, 2019
I'm in a bonus-eligible position within my company. It is not guaranteed, but based on my role, the target is 10% of salary. Who the hell knows how the virus might impact it.

Anyway, it's paid out in the first quarter, not during the holidays.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
If being forced to work 16 hours on Christmas with no time and a half / overtime hourly pay bonus after 8 hours counts as a Christmas bonus then sure. Otherwise sadly no.

MegamanFreak

Oct 27, 2017
I am the admin assistant for two groups at my place of employment. They tend to get together and send me several gift cards each year. Does that count?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
My Christmas bonus is to open Thanksgiving so that I can be thankful to have Christmas off.

This is why I'm back in school.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not a "Christmas Bonus" but I do get a yearly bonus depending on how the company does relative to our budget goals. That bonus comes at the end of Q1 but its typically pretty sizable so I don't mind it not coming around the holidays.

This year we did VERY well. It's kinda amazing how well we did given the gigantic shithole the entire world is in right now. I can't wait to see what this year's bonus will be.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, $100 due in December. Highly likely that I'll either buy Aegis Rim for myself or surprise my fiancée with Animal Crossing. Or both. We'll see.

Guinea Pig

Oct 29, 2017
Usually 2 weeks pay if the company is doing well. We are in construction and we have never been busier, it's insane how busy we are.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. I live in Costa Rica and I get a 13th month payment in December. By law we all do.
I was going to use it to go to Italy... Fuck you Covid!!!

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If by "bonus" you mean more thankless work assignments piled on and the vague promise of a raise in March, then HELL YEAH!

🙃

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
Lol we receive budget cuts every end of year, not bonuses. Orders to find way to reduce costs, most of the time that means bodies or different teams go bye bye.