• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you buy the majority of your clothes?

• In-store

Votes: 119 49.8%

Votes: 120 50.2%

• Total voters

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Just got done walking through Uniqlo and H&M, the two places I tend to buy a lot of my clothes from, and the selection of clothes they had for sale was... underwhelming. I've never really ventured online to buy clothes, but I feel like it might be my only avenue to find stuff I actually like.

In-store: Limited selection but I can try things on before buying.

Online: Greater selection but having to post back items when the fit/look isn't right seems like a hassle, especially for someone as indecisive as me.

So, do you tend to purchase your clothes in-store or online?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Used to be all online, but now I do a mixture of the two because I have a few stores near me I can order online, pick up in store, return, AND they have good sizes that fit me.

Oct 28, 2017
I pretty much buy all my jeans from the thrift store. Not buying anything I can't try on unless I have already.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Almost entirely online. The only stuff I sometimes buy at stores are things like hats, shoes, or maybe something fun I find at a thrift or vintage shop.

I rarely find anything of my taste at stores. I have a wacky aesthetic. Most of my outfits are from Retrolicious.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
In-store because despite knowing my sizes generally for clothing, clothing brands can have different cuts. Some run small or large.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
In store. Things aren't consistently made so even in the same sizing they can fit widely differently

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
Almost exclusively online. I know my own measurements and I generally mostly buy from labels that post size-specific measurements for ready-to-wear clothes, or custom made-to-measure labels like Yeossal/Collaro.

Fit isn't really an issue if you don't buy clothes made with a lack of care and by human exploitation, and the vendor/label takes the time and care to measure the garments.

Everything I'm wearing below was purchased online. I'd like to think it fits well.

JunOPxa.jpg

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
In person, especially if I'm getting feminine clothes since I have no idea how to determine if shit fits.

tokyostomp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
zero online. sizing is so inconsistent. i've bought the same size shirt from the same brand and they fit totally different

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Online unless I am in a fashion city that is the only place where I can go normally. Just hit up discord's and forums if I need any sizing help.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Always in person, can't buy something without measuring it against myself first. Online measurements are never fully reliable.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I've started mostly buying pants online because I am a fairly difficult size to find in stores and if I buy online I can at least get all the measurements and ensure I won't have to hem it down when I get it.

Everything else is a mix. I generally prefer in store unless the online store has lots of sizing information. I will occasionally buy shoes online if they're really cool-looking because I know a really good shoe repair shop that can fix them up if they're uncomfortable.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
In-store cause I'm 6'4 hey that rhymed

unless it's shoes cause I can only find size 13.5 online of anything.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-pandemic, in store. Bought mostly everything from Nordstrom rack, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, utility/work wear stores.

These days mostly online but tbh I've bought much less clothes in the last year. Ive mostly bought mack wheldon shirts, sweats, shorts, and then essentials ... Underwear, tshirts, etc.

Pre-pandemic I'd go to Nordstrom rack and bargain hunt about once a month, once every two months. Now I never go. Haven't been since probably December 2019.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In-store. Gotta see how it looks.

The only type of clothes I ever buy online are t-shirts, because they're a pretty standard fit. Haven't done that in years, though.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
90% online for me. I know all of my measurements so sticking to the brands I know and looking at size guides I can work out pretty easy how something will fit. If something doesn't have enough sizing on it, like sometimes trousers can just say 'Small' without full measurements, I just don't buy them. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Jul 1, 2020
It's easier to shop online if you know your measurements and the size guides are accurate on the site you are shopping with.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely online. I'm a pretty scrawny dude and it's significantly easier to find stuff that fits me online than it is in stores.

betwixtie

Oct 29, 2017
Online, for sure. I feel like I always come up short when I'm trying to buy in-store, plus the selection is always worse. Online you also have a wider range of options and returns are generally free, in my experience.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I would love to be able to buy clothes from like, Amazon, but every single item of clothing on there is a barely disguised knock off using pictures from the actual product and thousands of fake reviews.

It's freaking annoying.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Online. I wear the same outfit every day. Jeans + Black Shirt. I just buy a dozen of the same shirt online any time they start to get too old. Pack of socks once a year.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm tall and trying on pants is exausting and takes a good chunk of your day and stores never have any shirts I like nor do shoestores have the shoe I like in the size I have. So it's ordering most of the time, I can send the clothes back whenever something doesn't fit right.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Pretty much only online, aside from second hand stuff. What I wear generally isn't stocked at any stores in my country, and if they are, it's at near double the price.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Completely online. If I dont like it I ship it back. Most places I order from provide the shipping stickers

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Nearly all in-store. Women's sizing is so irregular and--like most women--my measurements aren't all "standard". I hate returning stuff, I'd much rather try them on first before buying so I can be sure of how it fits.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Most of my clothes in store because the big clothes chain store I buy from doesn't have an online store and doesn't sell online.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Vast majority I try on before I buy, so in store. Unless I'm buying like a t-shirt or something. Or if I'm buying something used off eBay then I pretty much accept I may have to get it tailored if it doesn't fit right. Luckily I live two blocks away from a great one.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
In person, because I'm plus sized and want to avoid fast fashion as well as I can. For the most part I just shop from thrift stores lately.