• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

?

• Shrek

Votes: 114 44.9%
  • Shrek 2

Votes: 140 55.1%

• Total voters

Strifel

Oct 13, 2021
Gotta say Shrek, just feel the world is better realized and found the dialogue funnier. Donkey shines in it too, great character.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Both are quality but I prefer the first Shrek. Shrek 2 does have the best joke though.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Keeping in mind that I haven't watched either movie in like 15 years, I remember liking Shrek 2 more. The original was fine but I remember thinking a lot of it's comedy was fairly... obvious. I remember thinking the second movie was cleverer and had a better story. No idea what I'd think now though.
I don't think either movie was the greatest thing ever tbh, a lot of dumb jokes and on the noise fairy tale "parodies"... if it weren't for Shrek becoming a meme I doubt it'd still be as relevant...

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Shrek 2's third act is lit all the way through 🔥 Amazingly well put together as a finale.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I feel the same way about the Shrek trilogy that I do about Meyers' Austin Powers trilogy.

The first one is the best, largely because it has the most heart.

The second one is the funniest, but could chill a bit on the poop jokes, yeah?

The third one utterly sucks ass.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way about the Shrek trilogy that I do about Meyers' Austin Powers trilogy.

The first one is the best, largely because it has the most heart.

The second one is the funniest, but could chill a bit on the poop jokes, yeah?

The third one utterly sucks ass.
There were 4 of them though.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Shrek is the better overall movie

But man Shrek 2 is so fucking funny

Shrek 3 was eh

Shrek 4 I hated. Haven't seen it since it was in theaters

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shrek 2 is better in all fronts. And the montage with Holding out for a Hero is incredible.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The first one, but the white bronco chase gag is probably the hardest I laughed at any joke in the movies.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They're both great movies. Shrek 2 is probably one of the best sequels to any animated movie, but it's hard to say which one is better.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're both perfect movies so it's just about how you feel on that particular day.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am genuinely shocked at these poll results. Shrek 2 is SO MUCH better in my opinion that it's sort of unfathomable to me that anyone would think otherwise? The first movie was enjoyable enough but the sequel just knocked it out of the park. A comedic masterpiece.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I worked at Dreamworks Animation for 10 years and I don't even remember Shrek 2.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer Shrek overall but my favorite scene in the entire series is probably the storming of the castle in 2.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Shrek 2 is fucking incredible. It was funny as a kid and its somehow even funnier as an adult. The soundtrack is BANGING too. Holding Out for a Hero in the finale as others have pointed out is so memorable for all the right reasons.