• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you own both of the current gen Playstation and Xbox?

• Yes

Votes: 650 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 524 44.6%

• Total voters

pez2k

Apr 21, 2018
I only have a launchday PS4, which has been unused since MGS Ground Zeroes. Just about everything I've wanted to play this generation has ended up on PC, even if it was years later in some cases. I'll probably buy a PS4 Pro some time after the PS5 comes out just to play the odd exclusive like Uncharted 4, but there's literally nothing exclusive to the XB1 that I really want to play.

I've owned both in previous generations, and bought every Playstation since the PS2 at launch, so buying an XB1, XSX or PS5 at this point would just be habit.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Yes I've pretty much had all versions of the two this gen, with the exception of the PS4 slim. Nextgen I'm only going with PS5, and PS5 pro if that ever comes out.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I got a launch PS4 and a launch PS4 Pro. I picked up an Xbox One X in 2018 primarily for State of Decay 2. I'll probably do the same thing more or less this gen.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I have an original PS4 and an Xbox One X. I spent most of this generation playing the PS4, and then early last year I picked up the One X for its exclusives and some enhanced multi-platform titles.

I did the opposite the previous gen. I bought an original Xbox 360 (the premium model) and later the PS3 Slim.

I'll probably do the same next gen, but I'm still on the fence as to which system to get first. I'm in no rush to decide though, I'll at least wait until 2021.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, launch day PS4, launch window XB1 that I've since given to my wife, Xbox One X, plus a Switch and a Switch Lite. I don't think there has ever been a generation where I only bought one of the consoles.

That being said, I have a gaming laptop with an i7-9750h, 16GB DDR4, and 1660 ti, so I think I'll be fine buying just the PS5 for now, and maybe grabbing a Series X in a few years.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I don't currently own a PS4, but only because I sold it after TLOU2 to fund my PS5 purchase. I've had a regular PS4 and two Pros this gen, as well as an Xbox One X. Next-gen I'll be getting a PS5 at launch and, if I'm being honest, probably an Xbox Series X at some point, too. I'm a mark :P

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Nah. Launch PS4, then a Pro, then picked up a Switch earlier this year. I always end up with more games than I can play even with without mostly redundant consoles.

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Had them all shortly after launch but got rid of the Xbox. Currently sticking with Ps4pro, Switch lite, and my PC. With game pass being on pc and my tablet I dont think I will ever purchase another Xbox.

Rabbit Clock

Oct 25, 2017
I used to own both. I bought the Xbox for Sunset Overdrive and played literally nothing else on it so I sold it. All the Xbox Ones games are on pc anyways so I never felt like I was losing out.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Just PS4 (Aug 2014) and Switch (Jan 2019). Plus my PS3 is still plugged but it hardly gets any use now so Series S will take its place.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Play mostly Gamepass and third party games on the Xbox and the PS4 for exclusives.

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
Just a PS4. I'm on my second one, I got the original one a couple of weeks after UK launch and got a slim shortly after it launched. I thought this gen would be shorter so never bothered with a Pro.

This is the first gen where I haven't owned an Xbox. I was there on day one for the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 but the E3 2013 showing, Kinect and the pricing put me off the Xbox One at launch. Microsoft have made vast improvements over the course of the generation and the Xbox One X in particular looked quite appealing but I never made the jump to buying it.

I'll be buying a PS5 this generation. If a PS5 Pro materialises this gen I will most likely upgrade to it at launch.

Jun 17, 2018
Yes. Upgraded to pro when it came out. Got a one s to watch 4k blurays. I will trade both in for a ps5.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I did, but I voted no because I don't anymore. I got a PS4 at launch, then upgraded to the Pro when it released. I bought an Xbox One X during a sale, but I sold it a year later. So at least for 1 year, I had both.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I have the PS4 Pro and One X. I enjoyed exclusives on both of them and played multi-plats on my One X and my PC (1070). I also have a Switch. I play everything that I think looks good.

For this upcoming gen I'll get them all again. I'm still undecided on getting a XSX or building a new PC (3080) first. I usually wait to get the PlayStation until it has a handful of exclusives, so I'll get the PS5 in 2-3 years, or when the next God of War releases.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
PlayStation for exclusives
Xbox for everything else + proffered controller + Gamepass

had all iterations

PS4/Xbox One with Connect
Both Xbox and PS4 slim
Both PS4 pro and Xbox One X

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
I have the OG Xbox One and PS4. I thought about upgrading to the X and the Pro, but I don't play the Xbox enough to justify it and by the time I wanted to invest in a Pro the PS5 was announced so I figured I could wait another year.

I'm for sure attempting to get a PS5 at launch and eventually getting a next gen Xbox. I just don't know which one.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yup always went this route. Playstation for the exclusives, Xbox for the exclusives and multi platform titles. Currently have a launch PS4 and Xbox One X

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Yes. One X and PS4 Slim.

I'll do the same thing this coming gen. Series X for everything not Sony. PS5 when it has a good exclusives library.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
Since 7th gen xbox is my primary console but Sony always manages to get enough good exclusive for me to buy a playstation. I had a PS3 and
a PS4 but I gave it to my cousin like three or four years ago. I have to get it back to play Death Stranding, God of War and Ghost of Tsushima but I'm not in a hurry.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is the very first gen since MS entered home consoles that I only bought 2 of the 3 consoles.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Launch PS4 and Xbox One S. I love them both equally, and wish the PS4 had Xbox One's robust backwards compatibility, and wish the Xbox One had exclusives as numerous and good as PS4's.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Nah, I was going to buy a ps4 right around this time of year if I could find someone getting rid of theirs for an upgrade. But, unless one falls into my lap, I'm going to kick that can down the road for a ps5 in 3-5 years.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I bought a PS4 because of the exclusives + I grew up with PS.

I bought an Xbox One X because I didn't know what the fuck else to do with my money. Never use it.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I have a Pro and a One X. I've had all consoles in every gen from the PS2 gen up until now, and was only missing the Saturn from the previous gen. I almost never use the One X.

That ends next gen. With a PC, I will have zero use for a Series X

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Base PS4 and a Switch
I do want to jump into PC gaming next gen but I'm day 1 PS5 and whatever the next Nintendo console is

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I have a PS4 Pro and an OG Xbox One, which I picked up for cheap after the XB1S was a thing, mainly as a dedicated SSX3 machine.

I'll probably wind up with a PS5 to compliment my PC next time around, and with the Xbox/PC crossover kicking into full gear, I'm not sure I see myself with an Xbox next gen.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Pro and a 1080 Ti with PC Gamepass has done me well. It's admittedly harder for me to play games on PC consistently since I work there all day and it can be hard to relax in that same spot.

Kutaragi

Sep 3, 2020
ITALY
Nope. PS4Pro only.
Bought OG Xbox and Xbox360 but skipped the One Generation since there's no enough exclusive of my interest.

Certainly buying a PS5DE and probably a Series S down the line (at a cheaper price) for Hellblade 2 and GamePass.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
I own both launch PS4 and launch Xbox One. The latter has only been used for "one" game (Rare Replay). I used the PS4 a lot the first couple of years, but these days, I pretty much only play on PC. The only PS4 game I've played recently is FFVII Remake.

Dec 21, 2017
The ps4 is my main console of choice these days.

I had an Xbone, but cancelling Scalebound in 2017 made me sell it. The Wii U had a better year than it, let alone the other systems. It wouldnt surprise me if the Vita had a better output than it.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Yes, but only because I got an insane deal on an Xbox One S due to a price glitch on Target's website. Figured it was worth it for the very few MS exclusives I care about.

I barely use it compared to my Switch and PS4, though.