• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
A friend recently moved. He loves gaming as much as any of us. He must've owned like 20+ Collector's Edition copies of games he's bought. At least half were still in plastic.

I've owned a couple myself. I had the Witcher 2 and 3 collectors edition. Star Wars: The Old Republic, and that's about it. I've gotten rid of them. They look wonderful but come on, they're expensive, take up a lot of space and almost never come with a digital key which is my preferred format to buy games.

300px-Ce_box_shot.png

preorder-the-witcher-2-collectors-edition.jpg

91Pobe8XjVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe about 30 of them mostly during x360/ps3 era. Never gave mine away, still have them tucked away. I don't buy them anymore though

Oct 30, 2017
Persona 5. Played the game, went through the artbook. Everything else is still in the box untouched.

I have the RE3 collector's edition on preorder.

I think this is it, just 2? I am surprising myself

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
816uXnq%2B6vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Apart from a couple of steelbooks and digi-pack editions, this is the only big one i have and i'm keeping it.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I own... well a few. But this is probably my rarest.
CYCQXpY.png

I will post shelf if anyone is interested, but it'll be a few pictures.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
This gen: All the Fire Emblem collectors edition, also the Breath of the Wild one (the one without the sword) and the Octopath Traveler special edition.

My favorite one is the OT CE. The pop-up book is so cute.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
I think I've had three....BoTW special edition, infamous with the backpack and statue and GoW 3....pretty sure that one was on clearance somewhere.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I got the Halo 3 one way back when that was releasing, but I ended up selling it at one point for... not a profit but whatever.

I think the most recent one I got was Breath of the Wild, and before that... not sure, maybe Mass Effect 3.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Mass Effect 3 but it wasn't particularly expensive or extravagant.
I don't think I've ever got anything else.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
This gen: All the Fire Emblem collectors edition, also the Breath of the Wild one (the one without the sword) and the Octopath Traveler special edition.

My favorite one is the OT CE. The pop-up book is so cute.

Nice. I was tempted to get a copy of the Octopath CE for that popup book but couldn't justify the cost (just resellers at that point). At least when I wasn't sure I would like the game.

The only collector's edition I have is Link's Awakening for switch (EU version). I wouldn't want very many though. They will quickly eat up space.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I have Black Ops 2 CE and I also impulsively bough the Ghosts one at Walmart for $20 a few years ago for the cool goggles

Real

Oct 28, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Copped for less than 20 dollars and don't regret it at all. I've framed some of the artwork, use the coasters all the time, and the vinyls are stellar additions to my record collection.

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
A bunch. Probably more than I can think of.

Assassin's Creed 3 with the assassins American flag and RatonhnhakƩ:ton statue.
Saint's Row IV with the Dubstep Gun, Johnny Gat statue, and doomsday button.
Killzone 3 with the Helghast figure and the helmet.
Warcraft 3 with the art book, soundtrack, and DVD with all the cinematics.
Wind Waker with the Zelda game promo disc.
BioShock Infinite with the Murder of Crows keychain.

The only ones I broke the bank for were Assassin's Creed and Saint's Row.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I have quite a few, but I think the rarer ones I have are the Vita version of House in Fata Morgana Limited Run did last year and my PC copy of Steins;Gate.
MockUp_CE_Banner_TheHouseinFataMorgana_PSVITA.png

2014-12-15-15.36.54.jpg

Oh yeah, I also have the LiS: BtS CE that came with the soundtrack on vinyl.
life-is-strange-before-the-storm-boxed-editions.jpg

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Just Trails of Cold Steel stuff at the moment. I only really care about Steelbooks and plush toys in CEs, this one had both of those.
Wish I could've gotten the P5 one because the Morgana plush is like never available in the Atlus store now.

IuhLu8L.jpg

I'll be more than disappointed if NISA decides to release Trails of Cold Steel 4 without a Steelbook at this point.

Apr 3, 2018
Man. I've been bad with these over the last two years.

I've scored the following CE's on the cheap but ended up giving them away to my brother. Didn't open or display a single one:

Ni No Kuni 2
Wolfenstein 2
Fallout 4 pip boy
Elder Scrolls Online: Somerset
Destiny 2 (the satchel edition)

I'm trying to declutter my life. So in the last few days, I cancelled preorders for Doom Eternal CE (going to miss that Mondo steelbook) and TLoU 2 Ellie edition.

At this point, I only want the special editions for games that have sentimental value (Witcher 2, Mass Effect 1).

Think I'm keeping the Cyberpunk CE preorder though.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I've bought way too many. If it came with a statue almost definitely. Bought Uncharted 3, 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gears 3 among others because the statues. And I own none of them now. Now I'm trying to go digital and not worry about that stuff. The best 1 I had was the Metal Gear Rising that came with a lamp. My boys took it over and used it for years. In fact it just broke a couple months ago. My youngest daughter knocked it over.

I'm still going to buy any Gears and Uncharted special editions that come with a steelbook. Don't care about statues though.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I've actually got quite a few.

Halo 3 Limited Edition:
h3_lce_360_ntsc_00.jpg

Halo Reach Limited Edition:
halo_reach_limited_edition_xbox_360_ntsc_00-540x360.jpg

Dark Souls 2: Black Armor Edition:
s-l300.jpg

Watch_Dogs DEDSEC Edition:
watchdogs-ce-540x319.png

Mass Effect 2 Limited Edition:
me2_ce_360_ntsc_0-214x300.jpg

Mass Effect 3 Limited Edition:
mass_effect_3_n7_collectors_edition_xbox_360_ntsc_bioware_ea_00.jpg

Alan Wake Limited Collector's Edition:
aw_lce_360_ntsc_00.jpg

Catherine Stray Sheep Edition:
s-l300.jpg

Persona 5: Take Your Heart Edition:
4020628821951_l.jpg

Driver: San Francisco Collector's Pack
j1i4v2S4ATKsJ6LwKo6p8x2_XAPLGfdSrfHvYGS0kzac8u8D2BFIkdpdmMOaPMW_ZK-A2XZobs0D6yHJBYhKkPw1T3T0TNaPTHBFC8iK_tiBOGtasSRAYGl12Xmp0TGgz-IDwBM0p63uy0zc8s6UQjnEVV_mPp94OUa4Ut8

Oblivion Collector's Edition:
71S3wUAHQZL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Skyrim: Collector's Edition:
dims

Gears of War 3 Collector's Edition:
51OKkWcj7AL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition
deus-ex-augmented.jpg

Bloodborne Collector's Edition:
15802549778_652b5eef36_b.jpg

Far Cry 2: Collector's Edition:
maxresdefault.jpg

Portal 2: Cube Edition:
5sluGt1TovlIDJtUUbq2bQQKmTQkTLn-7GxGfazFUlzxeUrhKHyzrtX6OdzIVG4psmXqTKelgBYqSjbheifiL-h4EEDPb3oiTRupE62GNmk2c5cadCBdasOFHMCnh-OoXDYUApAoLsaKbQGiFzlG3irO-4YR

Dead Rising 2: Collector's Edition:
71mAmdAYp8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Uncharted 3: Special Edition:
YjhjMmUzOTkwZGVkYWJjODE1Nzc3NDU3ZjgzOTFlYza4fyP2hShh5Dvpie4sjz-iaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMGQwYzBlMTA4MWVlMGE0ZDQ0OTQ5ZmYzYTcxMjFjNzg5MDVkODE3YTQ3OTU5N2FjNDA3MjRjYWYwMTFlZTU3NS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzNTJ4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped with the CE crap last gen. I don't have any places to put all that shit nor would I want to keep any of it.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Yeah. Most recently the death stranding baby, lol.
Ive given some away. Sold some. And still have the ones I really like. Last guardian and sekiro are good examples. I love those.
Bad examples would be like ninja gaiden 3... jesus, lol

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Sure. Anything beyond the traditional $60.
Alrighty then.

AI: The Somnium Files (Special Agent Edition) (PS4)
The Silver Case (Limited Run) (PC)
Lawbreakers (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PC)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
The 25th Ward: The Siler Case (Limited Edition) (PS4)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Limited Run) (PS4)
Rune Factory 4 (Archival Edition) (Switch)
Iconoclasts (Limited Run)
ExmuBeI.jpg

Persona Q2 (3DS)
Catherine: Full Body (Hearts Desire Premium Edition) (PS4)
Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (Limited Run) (Switch)
VA-11 HA11-A (Limited Run) (Vita)
Thumper (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
k4lRt0n.jpg

un2Q4xkP.jpg:large

Bravely Default (Collectors Edition) (3DS)
Yakuza 6 (After Hours Premium Edition) (PS4)
Windjammers (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
Psychonauts (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
Death Stranding (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Superbeat: Xonic (Collectors Edition) (Vita)
Ew0IfIk.jpg

Lumines Remastered (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Super Deluxe Whatever (Limited Edition) (PS4)
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Lets Get Physical Edition) (Vita)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Special Edition) (PS4)
Deadly Premonition Origins (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
Skullgirls 2nd Encore (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
Soulcalibur VI (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Collectors Edition) (PC)
ToeJame & Earl (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
The Surge 2 (Limited Edition) (XONE)
Ni No Kuni 2 (Premium Edition) (PS4)
Cytus Alpha (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
The Last Guardian (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Ignore our world is ended that's just a day 1 edition.
k33mqh1.jpg

Wolfenstein 2 (Collectors Edition) (PC)
Persona 5 (Take Your Heart Edition) (PS4)
vHZWIdU.jpg

Senko no Ronde 2 (Limited Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
RsCTISW.jpg

On order currently:
Cyberpunk 2077 (Collectors Edition) (One)
The Missing (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
VA-11 HALL-A (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
System Shock Enhanced Edition (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PC)

Not pictured:
A cool reproduction cart of Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer for Nintendo 64 from Limited Run

All of these were acquired at time of release so were above regular price of the game outside of Senko no Ronde 2 (Blindbox get, I have no idea what it is even) and Windjammers Collectors.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I've probably owned about a hundred over the years, but I sold/got rid of most of them. Of the ones I have left, InFamous Second Son, Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe, Metal Gear Solid 4, Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD Limited, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Fire Emblem Warriors. I also have the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection. I'm pretty much done with Collector's Editions unless it's a game I know I'll love. I have the FFVII Remake Deluxe Edition preordered, but I don't see any other games announced that I want a CE for. Maybe, maybe, Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm not sure.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
i own all of the Blizzard CEs except the Overwatch one (didnt care for the soldier 76 statue) if it was Tracer or Mercy then yeah.

Not sure if ill ever buy another one though...

I also own the Lunar SSSC and Lunar 2 CEs from the PS1, those are my most cherished in my collection

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I have Lunar 2 for PS1, although I think the edition I got is basically the only one they sold.

OP
OP
Chromie

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Alrighty then.

AI: The Somnium Files (Special Agent Edition) (PS4)
The Silver Case (Limited Run) (PC)
Lawbreakers (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PC)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
The 25th Ward: The Siler Case (Limited Edition) (PS4)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Limited Run) (PS4)
Rune Factory 4 (Archival Edition) (Switch)
Iconoclasts (Limited Run)
ExmuBeI.jpg

Persona Q2 (3DS)
Catherine: Full Body (Hearts Desire Premium Edition) (PS4)
Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight (Limited Run) (Switch)
VA-11 HA11-A (Limited Run) (Vita)
Thumper (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
k4lRt0n.jpg

un2Q4xkP.jpg:large

Bravely Default (Collectors Edition) (3DS)
Yakuza 6 (After Hours Premium Edition) (PS4)
Windjammers (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
Psychonauts (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
Death Stranding (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Superbeat: Xonic (Collectors Edition) (Vita)
Ew0IfIk.jpg

Lumines Remastered (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Super Deluxe Whatever (Limited Edition) (PS4)
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Lets Get Physical Edition) (Vita)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Special Edition) (PS4)
Deadly Premonition Origins (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
Skullgirls 2nd Encore (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
Soulcalibur VI (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Collectors Edition) (PC)
ToeJame & Earl (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
The Surge 2 (Limited Edition) (XONE)
Ni No Kuni 2 (Premium Edition) (PS4)
Cytus Alpha (Collectors Edition) (Switch)
The Last Guardian (Collectors Edition) (PS4)
Ignore our world is ended that's just a day 1 edition.
k33mqh1.jpg

Wolfenstein 2 (Collectors Edition) (PC)
Persona 5 (Take Your Heart Edition) (PS4)
vHZWIdU.jpg

Senko no Ronde 2 (Limited Edition, Limited Run) (PS4)
RsCTISW.jpg

On order currently:
Cyberpunk 2077 (Collectors Edition) (One)
The Missing (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
VA-11 HALL-A (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (Switch)
System Shock Enhanced Edition (Collectors Edition, Limited Run) (PC)

Not pictured:
A cool reproduction cart of Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer for Nintendo 64 from Limited Run

All of these were acquired at time of release so were above regular price of the game outside of Senko no Ronde 2 (Blindbox get, I have no idea what it is even) and Windjammers Collectors.

God dam!!
You just reminded that Rune Factory 4 is out too.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've ever bought a CE, but I like it when the default edition has cool extras like what Working Designs used to do.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but only for the PS1 era and the only ones I kept were Lunar 1 & 2. I have the MGS 4 game which is LE or CE, not sure. Got that with the LE MGS PS3.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I bought plenty during the 00s, but nowadays they mostly just take up room in my attic.

I do have some figures and statues on display, but I never got an SE with anything nice enough to display. Still kinda salty I didn't get the Titanfall 2 collectors ed.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warcraft 3 and Wrath of the Lich King. Mostly for the artbooks really.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Just a couple of these. I still have the figure displayed in my office, really liked the size and design.

NLl6tYY.jpg

Rarely buy collector's edition, mostly Atlus titles which I sold due to their high prices. I did order the P5R CE though.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've got the Take Your Heart Edition of Persona 5 The Dreamer Edition of Link's Awakekning, and I just got the CE of The Division 2 from ebay for $10.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of them, but at this point all I care about is Steelbooks so no more statues and shit for me.
I feel exactly the same way. Nowadays I hope that a game that I'm really hyped for just has a fancy steelbook and maybe a book with it. I bought the Reach Collectors' Edition with the statue and everything, but the thing I liked the most from that was the Halsey Journal thing, which also came in the cheaper Limited edition (although I didn't buy the Collectors' Edition until like years later lol).

I like it when games have a "mid-level" with a steelbook (like The Last of Us 2), or just don't go that far with a statue. I really don't like it when games where I want the steelbook only puts them in the super expensive version (like Kakarot).

I had all the Collectors' Editions for the Mass Effect series (there are only three, right?), but the first game's was stolen in a break-in (2 was stolen too, but it was cheap enough to replace). The only things I have that came with like a big box and maybe statue were Halo 3, as mentioned: Halo Reach, Killzone 3 (this was only like 30 bucks lol), the Street Fighter 25th anniversary thingy, Dishonored 2 with the mask, Fallout 3's lunchbox, Fallout New Vegas' book and cards and chips, Fallout 4's Pip-boy (which I used only once), 1 each of the three Starcraft 2 campaigns and Diablo 3 expansion (I have the one for Diablo 3 Vanilla, but not new so the codes aside from the game code were already used), and Dark Souls 2 and 3. Oh, I have the Metal Gear Rising sword/light thingy too.

Again, I like the smaller ones like I'm really hyped to get my Ori Will of the Wisps Collectors' Edition in just a few weeks.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Just these.
grand-theft-auto-v-special-edition.jpg

RDR2_UltimateEdition_Sheet_XB1_V23.jpg

I actually ripped the RDR2 map when I unfolded it šŸ˜‚

Oct 27, 2017
MK 2011 with the Scorpion/Sub-Zero book ends.

LBP2... with book ends and sackboy plush (which was inferior to the store bought ones)

Tekken 5 and 6 with arcade sticks (I don't use stick lol but got 5 because of the multi-disc holder for past games and the art books).

AC3 for the Connor statue and assassin colonial flag.

Spider-Man for the statue.

The Last Gaurdian for the statue and art stuff (though half the cost was gifted to me).

And then a bunch of others with steel cases, art books and/or little figures.

Love them all, even if some have been tucked away for a couple years after rearranging and accommodating house mates for a bit.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I've got a couple. The CE's I tend to buy are on the smaller side, so I don't run into space/storage issues. I have no interest in figures, or props, or large accessories, etc. If a CE comes in a big box, it's pretty much not for me. I buy these things for the artbooks, the different box arts, the limited packaging; little things like that.