• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Well I don't even have pyjamas any more. At home I just wear tracksuit pants so I have no real need for a dressing gown.

ha! same here, tho im more of a shorts and old shirt kind of guy. sometimes i look like a bum cuz some shirts are basically disintegrating with a lot of holes lol

that been said i dont go out like that only when i know im not going out or having guests

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I've never owned a robe. I don't think I've ever worn a robe.

Honestly, I never understood the point of robes.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I have treacksuit bottoms and t-shirts/vests instead. I've never really felt comfortable in a robe, it's like a half way state between dressed and undressed that I can never get into.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I got a silk robe i wear in the mornings for breakfast on my terrace and also another that i was once gifted at a hotel

Oct 26, 2017
I have a traditional bathrobe but I rarely wear it because it's so heavy and warm.

I have four yukata though. Two cheap ones I got from staying at a Japanese spring hotel, and two that are a bit fancier (one bought at home, one bought in Hiroshima). I love them, quite light in the summer but still comfortable (inside) in the winter.

I like how you can keep things in the sleeves. A definite benefit over western robes.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
ha! same here, tho im more of a shorts and old shirt kind of guy. sometimes i look like a bum cuz some shirts are basically disintegrating with a lot of holes lol

that been said i dont go out like that only when i know im not going out or having guests
Yep! Wouldn't be seen dead outside in the crappy tracksuit pants, but the comfort while at home is too much to ignore :)

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. I love wearing a robe at night. I have one that's pretty nice, I don't know if I'd call it luxurious but it's like Nautica I think and it's super soft.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Mens-Luxury-Robes-to-Rock-in-Isolation.jpg
Can we take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous the stairs are in this picture? No handrails, no stability, just vibes.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I've actually been looking for one to be honest!

I do own a "high end" jogger set (cashmere) and it is very nice and extremely comfortable. Best part is that it's considered fashionable so can wear it if I have to run out somewhere.

I would also recommend getting a luxurious or "high end" towel. I got one as a gift when I got my own place and it's amazing, still feels brand new, and weighs like 10 lbs lol. The one they got me was around $250, which yes is a lot for a towel, but it is definitely a buy it for life item. I've used it daily for literally over a decade.