• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Not a clock on your phone or a clock on the tv or on your computer. An entirely separate clock.

I just bought a wall clock for my living room because my apartment is just large enough to be annoying to find my phone or turn on the tv to check the time. And I realized it's the first clock I've owned since I was maybe 16 and had an alarm clock.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I have a large wall clock that was gifted to me by my cousin or well to my father actually - its hung up on the wall in our breakfast area lol.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Nope. Hell, I have a few watches but barely use them these days either. Might have to get a clock just in case my phone dies in the middle of the night or something now that you bring it up.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
yes, several.

Have clock radio on my nightstand, a Raiders clock in my room, one on my work desk, a wall clock I bought for a couple bucks at Goodwill for the garage...

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody owns a clock. You inherit one you are unable to get rid of due to crippling sentimental guilt. It may or may not still work.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I've got two of these and can't live without them now:

amazon-echo-wall-clock-08.jpg

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I ever have, no.

Wait, I take that back. I had an alarm clock in college. Not since though.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I have one of those wake-up light alarm clocks, and recently got a wall clock from an Etsy seller, first time I've had an actual wall clock in... 12 years?

Nov 18, 2020
Absolutely. I always turn my phone completely off at night and charge it in the living room. I wake up every day with an old-school digital alarm clock.

Last edited:

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
No. Im never in a area where i dont have a device that shows me the time. Tablet, phone, PC, smart speaker. Clocks are a '90s relic.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think you'd be crazy to not have one. I could easily see myself being late to shit a lot more often if it wasn't for the cheap ass analogue clock in my kitchen.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, my wife's grandfather died and we ended up with a wooden giraffe clock that's about 2.5 feet long. Some of the numbers fell off in transit.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
I do. I have a clock in my office that I got when I got married over a decade ago. We also have a couple of those clock-humidity-weather-etc thingies.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I do have an alarm clock. It's just easier to flip the alarm on and off as opposed to fiddling with my phone.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I still got my alarm clock from way back in high school somewhere in the back of my closet

But nah

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Didn't realize so many people live without a clock on the wall. I look at it often. They aren't expensive and a single battery lasts like a year.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I have a digital clock on my nightstand. It's been truckin' for over 30 years now.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Not a clock on your phone or a clock on the tv or on your computer. An entirely separate clock.

I just bought a wall clock for my living room because my apartment is just large enough to be annoying to find my phone or turn on the tv to check the time. And I realized it's the first clock I've owned since I was maybe 16 and had an alarm clock.
I have a wall clock in every room of the apartment except the bathrooms and kitchen.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I have one of those big metal decorative clocks with roman numerals, but I've never really used it for telling time. It's not even running right now, battery has been dead for a couple months. Might change and set the time it when DST starts.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have a standalone little alarm clock that projects the time onto the wall so you can see it at night, and I use it for only that. The screen on it i turned off and my phone is my alarm.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have one of those Sony alarm clocks that's a cube from 30 years ago. I don't really need anything else since I always have my phone. I even stopped wearing a watch 15 years ago.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I have one on the wall that came packaged with my partner. It is inaccurate as hell. I used to have an alarm clock in the 2000s but that became my phone.

Jun 14, 2019
I have an alarm clock and that's it. Otherwise, I would consider a clock a decoration, and I have never decorated any home I have lived in.

Who knows, maybe I'll break that cycle in my next one that is currently being built.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Yes. There's two in my computer room. One of them is one of those clocks that also show the temperature inside and outside along with other stuff. There's also another clock on the wall that was just extra but I use it anyway.

In my room I still have the same alarm clock I've been using since 1996. No reason to stop using it.
IKxpfar.jpg

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
Several. One of those Alexa wall clocks and two alarm clocks that can project the time on the wall or roof. I have them behind my TVs, the roof above is slanted so I always have the time on my roof above the tv.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I used to have a clock on my nightstand but I've replaced it with a wireless charging stand and my phone has an always on screen with clock so that's basically my clock now.

Birdito

Oct 30, 2017
I've got a clock radio I've had for at least the last 10-11 years, honestly probably longer. I like being able to glance at the time without having to touch my phone.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
No, the only things we have now are our laptops/tablets, phones, stove/microwave, watches, and TVs. No dedicated clocks in the house.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
It's been years. I have my apple watch and every device I use (iPad, xbox etc) has its clock in the corners somewhere, behind at most one button press. I never want a clock I have to set manually again.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
No I don't see the point. And the old ones that make noise as the hands move really drive me nuts.