• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Here's mine. It's a little outdated as I've shifted the consoles around and cleaned it up:

5nMmpJS.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a Samsung Frame 50 inch - comes with a flush wall mount and an "invisible " cable - a very thin transparent cable that is extremely subtle and almost lives up to its name. I'm still going to stick it behind the drywall after our houseguest leaves but even that's much easier since the cable connects to a breakout box with all the hdmi, optical, coaxial and so on so you can stick that in furniture and hide consoles and receivers and what not.

The invisible cable is extremely long too so I am currently able to actually run it along the baseboard to a piece of furniture that n another wall.

it has a great picture too - qled not oled but the art mode is what made the missus sign off on it (mimics gallery framed picture and you can use your own images or select from theirs).

There's also an "ambient " mode on some models that makes the tv blend into the wall - you take a photo of the surrounding wall - pattern, color, texture- and the tv tries to chameleon into that pattern.

Oct 27, 2017
Just mounted my TV a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. It pulls out a couple feet and and articulates well for my space. Running cables was surprisingly easy. Just cut two squares with a drywall saw, fish cables a couple minutes, and install the plates.
s3fg47b.jpg

0RgwUmA.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I can twist and turn it as I want. Usually I have it like this:
6yHV8hG.jpg

But I can put it right up against the wall or further out if I want (and rotate for vertical shmups)

The cables run through the wall to an alcove in the back where I put my systems:
aQ2VxKz.jpg

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
My main tip is don't put the TV too high on the wall. I see so many people mounting their TV above head height (from a seated position).
I recently did this. I live in a small cabin, and it helped me to reclaim some space. As long as you can angle it downward (as I assume most mounts allow), it's totally fine.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Not sure if it shows the image lol. I have a frontal cable managed mounted TV for this house. The New house being built will have a low voltage pipe behind the dry wall, and an extra outlet high on the wall to power the tv . I could've hid the cables years ago, but I got lazy and since we're selling soon so I dont care anymore.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats what's not working for me. Clearly doing something wrong I guess lol.

right click the uploaded image and select "copy link" not "copy post link" and only after it's fully loaded - right click- click off then do it again.

click the picture shortcut in the menu here or bracket the link with no spaces between [ i m g ] and [ / I m g ]

if on windows copy the share link with

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
These are some absolutely lovely setups. Mine is mounted to part of the entertainment stand. No pics my place is a lil messy right now.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing hi-tech here, but since we're showing our setups.

qVPc0bJ.jpg
Love the rabbit and I also love that you missed the point of this entire thread...haha.

There is a whole thread dedicated to showing off setups (tvs mounted and not mounted to the wall).

www.resetera.com

Post your gaming setup: 2020 Edition

Welcome to the annual Post Your Gaming Setup thread. A tradition started over 10 years ago - from one legacy forum to the next. Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be...

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dont' have a picture of my setup, and the cable management right now isn't great, but it was a breeze. I did the entire thing by myself on my 65 inch 4k no problem. All my research brought me to the same consensus you're seeing in here - don't mount it too high, it looks 'nice' being high on the wall but it's inappropriate for actually watching the damn thing. I got one with a relatively long arm so that I can tilt the tv about 45 degrees towards my kitchen when I'm cooking, it's also not in the center of a room so it helps with getting viewing angles for the entire area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VMJEK2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 was the one I used and honestly, finding the studs and making sure I marked off the spots perfectly was the only time consuming part.

LtCasual

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota, USA
65" flush mounted. I opened the wall and ran a conduit between the back of the TV and the cabinet on the lower right, which holds PS4 and AppleTV.

vedQltf.jpg